Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-11-2009, 16:12

Default Hasso car hire/economy car rentals.com

Hi everyone at pp.com. I'm new to majorca and have booked accomodation and flights for july/aug 2010. I nearly fell off my chair when i saw the price of car rental in Majorca and Menorca. Last year we rented a 5 door Corsa with A/C etc for £280 in july. This year its nearly £700!!! Same company, same car, same everything. Anyway, after much searching i found economy car rentals.com (NOT to be confused with economy car hire.com on pp site) which was showing a group A car for approx £290 so i've booked. Got the confirmation email through and it says the rental will be through Hasso car rental. I know they are 'off site' via a mini bus transfer which i don't mind but wondered if anyone had had any dealings with either Hasso or economy car rentals or both? Many thanks, Aidan.
Sponsored Links
Old 24-11-2009, 18:49

try Terrys rent a car they've got a web site and are English speaking
Old 24-11-2009, 19:45

Just used economy car rentals.com and got a Peugeot Partner like a berlingo for 386 euros extra ins is max 36 euros free extra driver for july/august next year!!!!! when the voucher came through its with Auriga crown based at the airport--- result.

Thanks for the info

Gordon
Old 24-11-2009, 20:07

Whoops sorry used this site for the booking i made economic car rental Alicante car hire Malaga very good price.

Gordon
Old 26-11-2009, 19:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray View Post
try Terrys rent a car they've got a web site and are English speaking
Thanks Ray, checked out terrys car hire and have booked with them and cancelled my other booking. Apart from the price, which was very good, i like the advantage of not having to queue at an airport rental desk and just picking the car up from the car park and driving off. They also told me what the fuel charge was in advance so there won't be any shocks in store on arrival.
Old 26-11-2009, 22:04

But not as good as the site i put on here and i dont mind queing never had aproblem before.
Old 27-11-2009, 15:39

Rangers 1, good link but Terrys looks even cheaper, anybody used Terrys before ?.
Old 27-11-2009, 19:12

But for the car i have booked Terrys is not cheaper unless im missing something. Help!!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 19:19

I have used Hasso a number of times and would have no hesitation in recommending them. Their cars arn't brand new but they are well maintained and they operate a sensible fuel policy i.e accept full > return full and no charge. Yes they are off site (at C'an Pastilla) but its only around 5 minutes from the airport and their minibus is located close to the arrivals area and it has always been there when we have arrived. Their offices are clean and smart and whilst you are filling in the documentation you can help yourself to a free coffee/water. Prices generally include fully comp insurance and a free 2nd driver. I had the misfortune of having a Hasso Opel Corsa stolen this year in the Port. They replaced the car within 5 hours.
Old 13-12-2009, 18:19

I am new at this so bear with me. Can you give web address for Terry's Car Hire please. Have booked apartment for September but not decided weather to get transfer or car hire. Have been to Pollenca many times but not for a couple of years.Roll on summer!
Old 13-12-2009, 18:47

Mattsman

Have you given this one a go as i found these very good value.

Cheers

Gordon

economic car rental Alicante car hire Malaga
Old 14-12-2009, 00:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmam View Post
I am new at this so bear with me. Can you give web address for Terry's Car Hire please. !
TERRY'S CAR HIRE. Car hire Mallorca, Spain. Terry's car hire has car rentals on Mallorca, we have rent-a-car services based at Palma mallorca for vehicle hire for your holiday in Mallorca
Old 08-01-2010, 10:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers1 View Post
But for the car i have booked Terrys is not cheaper unless im missing something. Help!!!!
Have booked a Ford Fiesta type (5-door with a/c) for 22 days in August for 482 euros, the same car with Economic is 508 euros, also Terry's charge 47 euro's for a full tank of fuel in th car that can be brought back empty.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:19

IMO Terry's tend not to be cheaper than some of the 'others' however they do offer good service, airport collection/return, sensible fuel policy and (if you do hit problems) an understanding/Brit response.
If you are looking for a cheap deal - for the next 24hours via compare the MARKET you will be diverted to holidayautos giving a 20% discount until 6.00pm on 08/01/10. Unfortunately as they are an agent you won't know who your rental is with (until you have booked), they have a full > return empty fuel policy and a 2% credit card surcharge however they do offer 2nd driver free but watch their insurance excesses or take out an independant policy. We have just booked cars for clients and for example .... Ka ~ 13 days February with Rekord for £88 ...... Mercedes (!!!!) ~ 11 days at Easter with Hiper (off airport) for £156 (super deal) .....Ka ~ 21 days June/July with Centauro (off airport) for £311.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:51

Had a look for same dates/car through compare & holidayautos, they quote 625 euros compared to my 482 euro's, so Terry's much cheaper.