Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-11-2009, 17:02

Default Do you Spain no longer offering Citroen Berlingo

Greetings!

Just tried to book our car hire for June 2010 through doyouspain.com and was surprised to get an error message saying that the Berlingo was unavailable for pretty much the whole of next year.

Not sure why, Record are still offering it and last year our doyou rental was through Record.

Made me wonder whether they had withdrawn it because it is such good value so as to force those who need a big boot to go for a more expensive MPV or Estate?

Will probably book through Record especially in view of the 10% discount offered to PP.com members, but just don't fancy the possible huge queue, as with 2 young children I can't really desert my wife to do the sprint to the desk on arrival!
Sponsored Links
Old 23-11-2009, 17:25
Founder

When we hired a Berlingo in October the one we had was pretty old & was an old model. They actually stopped making that version a while ago so we were surprised they were still hiring them out. The current model is actually larger & probably more expensive so maybe the hire companies have stopped offering it as it doesn't fit in the price category they've been offering it in.

It will be interesting to see if Record do still have them in 2010.
Old 23-11-2009, 18:03

If it's any help Goldcar gave us a newish Berlingo last month. The booking was through doyouspain and, in fact, was a free upgrade as we had asked for a Ford Focus Estate.
Old 23-11-2009, 19:19

Why don;t you stay with the kids and the bags and let your wife do the sprint ..... works well for us ....... and with Record you get an extra driver for no additional cost so I just put us both on as drivers despite the fact tht its Mr CD who does most of the driving. to be honest I always think I have the best deal, I get in a bit of exercise after the long sit on the plane; I get ahead of the crowd so don't have the frustration of peole walkign at a snails pace in front of me and leaving no room to overtake ( have the same frustration in shopping centres but thats a dofferent story ) ..... I get to have a nice chat with the record guys and gals and then when finished , bags are all collected and ready and waiting for me ....... I've escaped the whole luggage carousel malarki for years ......... so be a gentleman and do the hard work yourself and let your lady have the easy task.

Oh and whilst I remember , we ordered a berlingo through doyou, deal was with resord but we got given a peugot ..... looked just like the berlingo, exactly same gcar but think the engine was about half the size judging by the performance .... but no matter in PP so no need to ruch around.