Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2008, 16:13

Default Record rent a car

Thanks to all for info re car hire pick up on site at Palma.Great experience with Record.We booked a hyundai getz 3 door or similar plus booster seat for £63.00 on 05 May for 5 days and on arrival we were asked if we wanted to upgrade to a renault scienic for 2 euros / day so we did.
Car was nearly new and the policy of returning vehicle with same amount of petrol as you collected it with is great,we have used various companies at Palma but will use record again on next visit. TT.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2008, 21:47

Default Recordrentacar

Hi

Although I have used a fair range of the car companies at the airport and off, I have joined Records Club which gives you points for booking that you can use on your next booking. This gives a very competitive quote. The fuel regime of bringing it back with the same amount of fuel is excellent.

My only pet hate is that there is often a queue and so you can be unlucky and have a wait of over an hour to get to the desk!! Make the mistake of leaving the baggage collect area and try to get served at the portholes outside and your wait will be longer!!

I think this is caused by Holiday Autos offering Record as their company in PMI.

I noted last week that Auriga and SixT are now at the Airport.

My FlickR Photos
Old 23-06-2008, 09:00

Default "Once you have a Berlingo......"

Just used Record - through Holiday Autos - and they did us proud.

I had originally booked a pricey seven-seater for four ample adults and 12-month old in baby seat, but due to a mess-up on my part (left my credit card at home!) they couldn't honour our contract for insurance reasons.

However, a very helpful chap behind the desk eyed up our party and my debit card and told me I was barmy. Which is largely true.

He said we should have booked a Citroen Berlingo - so he arranged a switch - rang Holiday Autos to authorise it, and then told me I'd been refunded more than 300 quid!!!!

Berlingo's - spacious (four cases, three ruck-sacks and buggy in boot), ugly, and cheap as chips. If you don't care about the aesthetics, go for it!
Old 15-08-2008, 20:21

On the 17th of August,me and my wife will be on Hotel dor Tobago for 6 days and want to rent a car from Record. Will it be possible to take the car in the hotel and where is the nearest office of Record to this Hotel? Could you please help us ?
Old 17-08-2008, 12:25
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolme View Post
On the 17th of August,me and my wife will be on Hotel dor Tobago for 6 days and want to rent a car from Record. Will it be possible to take the car in the hotel and where is the nearest office of Record to this Hotel? Could you please help us ?

Hi there. I'm afraid that the Pollensa Forum primarily caters for people on holiday or living in the Pollensa area so I don't think anyone will be able to help you here. I suggest you contct Record direct.
Old 03-09-2008, 21:06

Default Record Car Rental

Used Record last week for the first time,booked through DoYouSpain, free upgrade on car which was clean and almost new, they checked it on return with us there. This was good as we have used other companies in the past who don't bother and we wonder if a big bill will follow when we get home. Car has full tank on pick up and you return it the same, there is a petrol station just before you take car back into airport car park, so really easy. would definately use Record again.
Old 17-10-2008, 17:57

Wife & I are going to PP in the middle of November for 5 days in order to put a lick of paint around the apartment. (Long overdue some might say)
I would like confirmation that Record definitely operate a 'full tank' collect/'full tank' return policy.
I've been badly caught out in the past with fuel charges when only driving to & from PP.
Thanks for any advice.
Old 17-10-2008, 18:12
Founder

When we last went end September it was case of bring it back as you found it.

Unfortunately they had marked it as 1/4 full but we didn't notice until on the road that it was less than that & then the needle suddenly shot down to zero around 8km from Inca. Fortunately we got to the BP station in Inca in time!

So as far as I know, you still pay for your own petrol but do check the guage!
Old 17-10-2008, 20:55

Default Record fuel policy

I used Record rental a few weeks ago and checked on their website about their fuels policy. Everything was fine when we got there. They marked the booking out sheet as 1/8 full and asked us to return with the same amount in. It's probably better to check before you leave, as Pollensa recommends but ours was accurate. I worked out that I saved about 40 euros on the hire costs as I was only going Airport to Pollensa and return.
Record is the only on-airport hire company that I could find that doesn't operate a Full return empty policy. The car was a little bit 'scruffy' and I don't think they valet them very often (if at all) but I didn't really mind as I saved so much money on the 5 day hire. Their prices were fine also and I booked it directly on their website. The hire includes full insurance cover with no excess.
Old 26-10-2008, 11:07

Exclamation Record - Change of Fuel Policy

Have just booked with Record for November and discovered they have changed there fuel policy - Now the same as all the other companies - Pay for full tank bring back empty unless your hire is for less than 6 days.Will be searching for different hire companies to use in the future.
Old 26-10-2008, 11:42
Founder

Thanks for letting us know Carol & Welcome to the forum.

How were you advised of this? Did you book direct?
Old 26-10-2008, 12:44

Autos Roig used to have a full/full policy - collect full, return full. Yhey also used to be flexible if you wanted to do it full/empty - obviously that way you have to pay their price for fuel. Also do a free day system on their VIP client bookings - you bank one free day for every 10 days rental.
Old 26-10-2008, 23:16

Unhappy Car rental check & price comparison

Hi. After recommending Record's fuel policy in my previous message they certainly have just changed it for all rentals 6 days or over. Everyone's getting on the bandwagon for charging...seems like another Ryanair scam to make more money. However, I've just tried an online price check for 5 days in November and Record have quoted 71 euros for a 5 door Fiesta and Autos Roig have quoted 150 euros for the same car!! It looks like its still worth going with Record even if you have to pay for their Full Tank of fuel (if over 6 days) and slightly scruffy car?
Old 30-10-2008, 20:47

Although record advertise much lower prices than autos roig it is best to check the very small print on the record website about insurance.

The Record website says phrases such as 'All-Included' , 'NO EXTRA CHARGES' , ' NO HIDDEN EXTRAS' , 'All-Inclusive prices' .

If you look closely there are lots of exclusions for the insurance that might be costly if you are unlucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Text copied from Record website 'General Conditions'

# What is not covered by the insurance?

The insurance does not cover the following:

* Flat tires
* Damage to third parties due to negligence or reckless driving.
* Damage caused to the vehicle due to negligence or reckless driving.
* Inadequate refuelling.
* Damage to tires and wheels.
* Loss or damage of car keys or remote locks. Depending on the type of vehicle the charge ranges between € 30 and € 120
* Damage to the lock, upholstery and rear shelf.
* Damage or loss of the child seats or booster seats.
* Damage or loss of ariels, car jack, security triangles, wiper-blades and deposit cap.
* Damage to the engine due to negligence.
* Damage to the vehicle’s underside (housing, bodywork, etc.)
* Misuse of the clutch.
* Theft of the vehicle with keys in the starter.
* Driving under the effects of the alcohol.
* Damages to windshields and windows.
Always best to look for the small print.
See if you can find that text above on the record website, it is hard to read it is so small and in a light colour text.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with record, but read carefully as an uninsured broken window or flat tyre would cost more than the difference between two companies prices.

We always use autos roig now as there is no hassle at all.

Car hire Majorca, car hire Cala Dor, direct service at the airport

Mark
Old 31-10-2008, 00:50

Default Record

I have used record 4 times this year and can;t fault them

Last time was 19 to 29 this month

They asked me if I wanted to do Full / Empty but I declined and requested Full/Full .......... which they gave me with no quibble

Also, I am aware of their insurance excesses etc , however, you can wipe them all out for about 2.65 euros per day, which even when added makes them still good value

I paid 164 euros , including the extra insurance for 11 days for a Seat Ibiza .......... plenty of room for cases and 4 people

Previous occasions , I have requested Ibiza / Fiesta or similar and ended up getting a free upgrade to Seat Leon or Ford Focus Estate ........... cars usually less than 5000 miles , although this time it had 20,000 miles on it, which is high for a hire car .......... but it drove great, wasn;t a mess inside and was perfectly suitablefor our needs