Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-10-2009, 17:20

Default Who's got Car Hire collection on site?

We're heading back to PP next May, and I'm picking my way through the car hire reviews on this site (sounds a bit of a minefield!). But one of the most important criteria for us is and on-site collection, as we'll have small children in tow & the transfer to an off-site office with tired, hungry kids is likely to be one step too far. Who has their collection point on site these days? Can anyone advise?
Many thanks.
Laura
Sponsored Links
Old 24-10-2009, 21:19

I think that apart from the usual suspects like Avis and Hertz you can find Europcar, Goldcar and Auriga on site. Probably some others but can't remember.

Last edited by Alcanada; 24-10-2009 at 21:23.
Old 24-10-2009, 21:28

Also Record cars which we have used in the past and have been ok. Only problem is the time it takes to que and then process.
Old 24-10-2009, 21:31

Just a thought - someone who rented our villa this year used Terry's car hire and said they were really good. Apparently they now meet at the airport whereas before you were bussed out. Haven't tried them myself but perhaps others can provide an evaluation.
Old 24-10-2009, 22:44

Hi Laura,

Have used Avis, Hertz and Europe Car in the past with no problems and all are on site at Palma Airpot.

You will be aware from posts on this site that rental prices are on the increase. I have just booked with Europe car for next June with 25% off via Car Hire link to your left. £190.00 for Group C, 7 nights.

Since booking I then came accross SIXT Car Hire, a good web site that advises they have a desk in the baggage hall and if busy you can go straight to their other desk in the car park. They also have a link/map that shows these locations at Palma Airport, seem to look organised.

Perhaps someone can say if they have used SIXT and how they found them?
Old 27-10-2009, 16:00

Thanks everyone. I quickly posted this query before I went out & have only just checked it - such quick responses! Brilliant. I'll check out the companies mentioned. I particularly like the sound of 25% off!
Thanks again.
Laura
Old 28-10-2009, 07:40

I think you have to be VERY careful with your price comparisons
Record Go was a great deal but what I didn't realise was that you had to pay for the petrol on top - another 100 euros. Our car that we are hiring at the mo is fit for scrapping
Old 28-10-2009, 13:26

Beware Record - my wife collected a car from them yesterday and on the way to PP it was making a bad knocking sound.

She contacted them to get the car changed - they have refused to cahnge it unless it totally breaks down and then they would have to be picked up by low loader, taken back to Palma and get a new car! Very unhelpful.

When I had a problem with Autos Roig a replacement car was brought up tp PP on truck and changed over within 2 hours! You get what you pay for

GG