Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-10-2009, 19:19

Default doyou - goldcar - beware

Just thought I'd alert people to what has just happened to us

Remembering the debacle last year re cars at Easter and having now booked flights I deceided to book the car

Decided to go for Doyou because cheaper than Record/ carjet etc and have used them before with no issues

So found myself a berlingo ( we love em .... basic but so much room for 5 adults ) for 182 euros for the week so booked and received confirmation repeating the agreed car and price

Voucher arrived via email today ......... its with Goldcar - a bit concerning in light of recent posts BUT much more concernign is that the voucher is for a Focus and is at a cost of 222 euros .......

Have emailed Doyou straight back askign why and also asking what doyou currently charge for a tank of fuel.

I do understand that cars belong to groups and have accepted a focus estate in place of a berlingo before BUT not prepared to just take a focus and not at that price .... woudl rather go direct to one of the other companies

As always it pays to read the small print .... will keep you updated re progress
Old 20-10-2009, 00:05

Just realised that they've pulled a bit of a fast one with my voucher as well. Got the quote for a week in May usiing DoYouSpain for £138 with Goldcar and booked. The voucher came by email in euros (of course) but its for 168 euros. That has a coversion rate of 1.20 to the pound! If the exchange rate stays the same as at present it will actually cost £155. I know this is still quite a decent price but I've just checked today and all other operators are quoting using current exchange rates.
Old 06-11-2009, 19:08

Default Do you

Update for anyone interested

Do You never replied to my email

However, the voucher I had from them for RECORD for 97euros for a Berlingo for 6 days ( just got home this evening ) was honoured

We got a Peugeot rather than a berlingo but was virtually the same car in terms of size but much more underpowered , however not really needing power so no worries.

Checked with RECORD for my week in Easter and their prices to book direct are similar to the increased goldcar price ....... so wll probably go with RECORD
Old 28-11-2009, 14:44

Having just booked our accommodation for next April/May we are now fighting through the car hire jungle! We've booked with DoYouSpain for the last couple of years (as recommended by someone on the forum) and were happy until our last trip in October. My OH signed up at the airport (Goldcar) and handed credit card details etc. The car was the worst we had ever had - filthy inside - no wheel trims and trim missing off other parts as well. I pointed out lots of dents in the bodywork before we took it but the person did not seem interested! But the worst part was when we got back and OH got his credit card statement and the amount charged was £60 more than quoted! When he queried it he was told that he had signed up for extra insurance - something he strongly denies! So I think we are going to try Economic Car Rentals this time - having looked at lots of recommened sites. (And he will read everything very carefull before signing this time! - no matter how long the queue) The other thing is that no firm seems to include in its 'comprehensive' insurance terms damage to glass, underside, tyres, loss of keys etc - unless you pay extra.
Old 28-11-2009, 15:02

Rosie

I have booked with economic seems good to me and the price for 16 days was 386 euros with extra insurance will put another 36 euros on for a berlingo type car.
Old 28-11-2009, 15:44

Hi

I've just booked 5 door Focus or similar for 12 days at 239 euros, Can pay an optional £36euros to cover tyres and glass. The care hire company is Auriga but not heard of them before.so fingers crossed!