Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-01-2009, 20:03

Default Any good deals for 2009?

I had found a great deal last week, a seven seater Volkswagen Touran for £260 for two weeks from July 25th. Went back to book it today and it had increased to £612!!!!

Anyone found any good deals, I have scoured all the advertisers on here with success?

Last edited by Mark1875; 24-01-2009 at 20:08.
Sponsored Links
Old 24-01-2009, 20:29

Booked our hire car for May using DoYouSpain and have paid less than last couple of years, also car is from Record and it was cheaper than booking direct with them.
Old 24-01-2009, 20:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelise80 View Post
Booked our hire car for May using DoYouSpain and have paid less than last couple of years, also car is from Record and it was cheaper than booking direct with them.
Funny, they have offered the best deal on a Berlingo?
Old 24-01-2009, 20:47

We always use DoYouSpain then check direct but they usually work out cheapest. Only time we have had a problem was when we booked a Merc and they didn't have one so they gave us a free upgrade the next time.
Old 30-01-2009, 13:52

I booked a Zafira 7 seater about 6 weeks ago for tomorrow for 3 days for 56Euro total with doyouspain.com (auriga crown), I checked yesterday to see how much it was last minute and the price hadnt gone up that much.
Old 30-01-2009, 20:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja View Post
I booked a Zafira 7 seater about 6 weeks ago for tomorrow for 3 days for 56Euro total with doyouspain.com (auriga crown), I checked yesterday to see how much it was last minute and the price hadnt gone up that much.
Yes they have a Zafira for my two weeks for €436, or strangely £362. If I thought I could pay now in pounds sterling I would take it!
Old 31-01-2009, 17:11

Despite the change in fuel policy I have booked a Berlingo with Record for €54 (inc of €5 discount from previous bookings) for 6days from 7th Feb.

The Berlingo or equivalent is very comfortable for up to 5 people and lots of luggage space for the price. Have had no problems with Record and joined their club to get discounts.

I emailed them to say that I was disapointed with their change in fuel policy and got the standard email reply that has apeared in another strand.

My FlickR Photos
Old 01-02-2009, 17:02

Hi

I have just made a booking with Do you spain and it quotes £228 for a focus in july but when the voucher comes through it only shows the euro price of 274 which as we know is nearly 1 pound to a euro so i think this is a bit misleading and i have gone back to my other booking via amigo autos and have a focus estate for £248.

Cheers

Rangers1
Old 01-02-2009, 17:24

I have found Its always best to get Euro quotes if you are paying when you pick up (the usual) and GBPound quotes if you are paying in advance.

The exchange rates used are often way out!

My FlickR Photos
Old 01-02-2009, 18:04

The cheapest I've found for a Focus Estate in August this year is Auriga Crown through Do You Spain. Not used either of these companies before as I allways used Drivespain sister company of Carjet and they use Goldcar never any problems but they are 60 euros more this year. Every little helps.

Just hope they are as good as Goldcar.

Timberman
Old 01-02-2009, 18:10

Used Amigo Autos each year and they use goldcar. One question is how do you get to select the pounds quote as i can only get the euro one?

Cheers

Rangers1
Old 22-03-2009, 13:25

Hi,
After trawling through the internet reading reviews, I found that the this forum provided the best reviews. Based on what I researched I have booked a Clio for 7 days through Drivespain , I have had conformation that the car will be available to be picked from Gold Car Europa.
Finger crossed.
Old 29-09-2009, 17:16

Here we go again.... Although I would prefer not to hire a car for my October visit, my Mum of 82 is coming too. So I have been trying to hire a car for next week. Anyone any suggestions on who to use? I don;t care how old or what it is.... just want a reply.... I have emailed 3 companies today plus I have tried to call and I can't get through to anyone!! Is it a public holiday today?
I booked with autosestarellas last year and they were very good but another one not able to answer an email or phone. i could just fill out a form but I like the personal contact - call me old fashioned!!!!
Anyway - any ideas anyone??
Old 29-09-2009, 19:02

Eleanor

I have just booked for beginning of November with doyouspain

Easy booking via website and voucher is for Record so I know it is on airport

Interestingly far cheaper than Record direct and that's even with my Record discount

I know there has been a bit of bad press for both Doyou and Record on this site but I have used both more than a few times and not had any problems

Interestingly I just tried doyou ........... ford focus for next week is £140 ...... can't compare with Record because their website appears to be down
Old 29-09-2009, 19:23

Hi CD, Many thanks for this info. I will try now and let you know how I get on.
Many thanks for your help.
Eleanor