Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-08-2009, 16:57

Default Holiday Autos at Airport

Has anyone booked a car with Holiday Autos from the Airport? I was just about to book when I discovered loads of negative reviews about Goldcar ( who I understand they use) and am now concerned that I would get an old car after a long wait at the airport. Has anyone used them recently?

Also, I will need a baby seat but Holiday Autos say this cannot be guaranteed - has anyone experience of not getting a baby seat or one that it is in poor condition?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 28-08-2009, 12:25

We have had cars from Gold Car in the past with no problems. All been in very good condition.
Old 28-08-2009, 13:33

I'm a regular Goldcar user over many years and have never had a bad experience with them.

Last year we had a puncture and the tyre needed replacement. I'd paid for the extra cover and Goldcar refunded me in cash at the airport when I returned the car.

This year we ordered an estate and ended up with a pretty new Citroen C4 Picasso which was cavernous and swallowed four adultrs and their luggage with ease.

The only downside of Goldcar is that at busy times there can be a massive queue at Palma airport. In the "off" season you'll stroll to the desk and be dealt with immediately, but in the main season I've had to queue for over an hour and a half once. Best take a good book to read and put up with it! If the airports is busy, I'd suggest one of you joining the car hire queue while someone else waits for your baggage.

Have fun!

Duncan
Old 28-08-2009, 17:29

We used Holiday Autos this July and were allocated Centauro car hire which is off site. No problem, though because they are only 5 mins on edge of airport by their regular minibus. It actually ended up quicker than the usual airport scrum.
Old 28-08-2009, 17:35

Us too! No problems at all and we were up-graded which was certainly a nice bonus. Have no idea about car seat though but did notice on our last visit that some were taking their own car seats on the plane with them. Not sure how this works re luggage allocation but must be a reason why some decided to take their own child seats.
Old 29-08-2009, 14:02

Used Goldcar this july good service as always.