Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-08-2009, 23:42

Exclamation Do You Spain-Hiper-DONT GO THERE !

Hiya,
Recovering from exp not intending to repeat!
Booked clio thru Do You Spain, got voucher and transported to Hiper pickup. We were greeted at airport(not at the point stated on voucher) we were given a "ticket" and a finger was pointed at the "autobus" Be warned... this isnt a BUS ticket...and DONT LOSE IT ! our ticket number was 26... this ticket is for when u arrive at the hiper pickup point...ur place in the que. When we arrived, ticket number 11 was showing... 2 hours later we got served.
We got a dirty...and I mean dirty... I have put towels on the seats to save our clothes...smelly disgusting vehicle. It is a 4 door fiat punto. The boot will take 1 avg case on its side.
The main point I want to make IS... ur off airport...we hadnt paid anything in advance, so we could have walked away, except that would have involved calling for a taxi and getting back to the airport. It is definatly something to think about when booking care hire.

I emailed Do You Spain this morning... but they are apparently deaf !

I wont ever book with an off airport hire again.
(also ckecked their return point and there was a whole lot of swearing going on... worse case at the airport, u give them the car and the keys then leg it... u cant do that when u need a lift back to the airport ! )

That aside... weather fantastic... sea like a sauna and have dumped car issues tho travelling in it with a clothespeg on my nose and sanitising wipes everywhere ! lol
Sponsored Links
Old 27-08-2009, 15:53

Med, Think your unfortunate situation is more a symptom of the current state of the car rental market. I've used Hyper many times and had no problems, in fact one year they sent a limo to collect me and family from the airport, we also returned car to the airport were Hyper guys took it off you. Mind, i suppose things may have changed for the worst.
Old 27-08-2009, 19:04

Wow smiddy...u seem to have had VIP treatment !

You are probably rite re current climate but , still not going to do an off site hire again... I like to have the choice to walk away.

You said that u returned the car to the airport... was that a pre-arranged thing or a general option ? Would prefer NOT to have to go back to that Office.

*And by they way... all the Hiper staff were really nice, obviously working under pressure - only 2 ladies dealing with all the car collections.
Old 28-08-2009, 10:34

Med, The limo was in the winter, mind you it had blacked out windows, perhaps they were trying to take our minds off the pouring rain. It was a long time ago, must have been before they built the new car park, as they obviously couldn't do it now.
Old 04-09-2009, 23:48

Smile

Hiya,

Travelled back today and was dreading the return at Hiper, but pleasantly suprised, no problems at all, mucho rapido drop off and transfer, so not ALL bad !