Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-07-2009, 08:09

Unhappy DoYouSpain/Auriga Crown cancellation

Good Evening All,
(Posted added to this thread as it may be more relevant)

I am sorry if this causes any panic but received an email from DoYouSpain today telling me my car with Auriga Crown had been cancelled, We travel on Tuesday and are staying at a villa in the country so need a car! Our bargain 230 euro car booked in Oct 08 would be 850 euro for a Smart car from Record, and this was the only one I could find with Record. DoYou Spain did not offer a replacement car or did not have the "bottle" to tell me the new price would be at least 600 Euro more for poor car!). There were potential others in th e market place but running into the thousands!

Have booked a shortened period to keep the costs down and because we will be with my brother we can hopefully manage (as long as his car is honoured, good news its with Record). The email from DoyouSpain is below. They have replied and have offered to pass on any extra charges to Auriga Crown but obviously could not find me a car as replacement even at the higher cost. Won't let this spoil the holiday and I think we will be making more use of the push bikes !

Dear Customer We are writing to inform you that we have received information that AurigaCrown are experiencing serious problems with the availability of vehicles for the summer in their Palma airport office. Due to the current economic climate, they have not been able to purchase all the vehicles they anticipated buying in Mallorca. We have just been notified that, for the above mentioned reason, AurigaCrown have cancelled a large number of bookings for their Palma office. We are sorry to inform you that your booking is one of those affected by this cancellation. We would like to make it clear that we have explored all other options before arriving at this conclusion and the cancelling of your booking is an absolute last resort and not something we have taken lightly. We have advised you immediately on receiving the notification as we want to give our customers as much time as possible to look for an alternative. We would like to clarify that these circumstances have arisen as a result of economic problems within AurigaCrown and is not in any way a consequence of the actions of DoYouSpain. DoYouSpain, as well as many of our customers, have been seriously affected by the situation within AurigaCrown. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any further questions or comments. You can contact us by e-mail (info2@doyouspain.com) or by telephone. Our telephone number is (00 34) 964 830 995. Our staff will be more than happy to answer any queries you may have. Kind regards Claire Davis DoYouSpain.com

Last edited by jodave; 24-07-2009 at 08:16.
Sponsored Links
Old 24-07-2009, 16:29

Having read this post I decided to ring DoYou Spain to check my booking as I go out 3 weeks today. They were very noncommittal as to whether my booking would be ok.

They had my reference number from Auriga Crown as have I, after I emailed them direct a couple of weeks ago.

Auriga assured me at the time everything was fine with my booking. Now I'm not so sure.

DoYou Spain reaction to my questions "If you can find another car elsewhere take it".

I wonder if this has anything to do with my original booking for a Ford Focus estate was just 276 Euros for 2 weeks. Now they are trying to offload these cheap bookings. Or are Auriga in trouble?

Something smells a bit fishy.

There are other cars available but at a cost I've just had a quote of 751 euros. for the same type of car. Perhaps I'd better swallow the bitter pill and take it up.

I know we could manage without the car but it makes life so much easier.

Timberman
Old 24-07-2009, 16:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberman View Post
Having read this post I decided to ring DoYou Spain to check my booking as I go out 3 weeks today. They were very noncommittal as to whether my booking would be ok.

They had my reference number from Auriga Crown as have I, after I emailed them direct a couple of weeks ago.

Auriga assured me at the time everything was fine with my booking. Now I'm not so sure.

DoYou Spain reaction to my questions "If you can find another car elsewhere take it".

I wonder if this has anything to do with my original booking for a Ford Focus estate was just 276 Euros for 2 weeks. Now they are trying to offload these cheap bookings. Or are Auriga in trouble?

Something smells a bit fishy.

There are other cars available but at a cost I've just had a quote of 751 euros. for the same type of car. Perhaps I'd better swallow the bitter pill and take it up.

I know we could manage without the car but it makes life so much easier.

Timberman
I should pick up a Zafira from Auriga via DoYouSpain tomorrow night. If I get time I will update here on how I got on sometime Sunday.
Old 24-07-2009, 17:05

Your 750 Euro looks good compared with the figures I was been given !

I have been on the Auriga Crown web site and they are still trading (but no cars availlable for the next few weeks). I think the problem is the money supply. They need loans to take out the leases on the extra cars for the summer hol period. with money supply tight the have not been able to get the cars to satisfy demand and seem to have taken the rather unnethical step of dumping the lowest value contracts in favour of more lucrative ones. Or am I being too harsh.

It would be interesting to know which contracts have ben cancelled and which ones maintained and plot this against date booked and the cost at that time.

As I mentioned yesterday, there was a time when i thought getting a car for something under 1000 euro would not be possible.
Old 24-07-2009, 19:06

Jodave you could be right in thinking they might cancel the lowest price rentals. Although mine hasn't as yet, I shall have to wait and see.

I seem to remember reading in the papers recently that the Spanish banks were refusing to lend money to car hire companies so they could buy new fleets.

All down to this credit crunch apparently.

Mark as you havn't received a cancellation email yet you should be ok according to DoYou they are giving about a weeks notice.
Old 24-07-2009, 23:49

Hi Timbers nice to see you posting again have a great time and leave me a drink at El Posito with tony cheers
Old 25-07-2009, 06:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberman View Post

Mark as you havn't received a cancellation email yet you should be ok according to DoYou they are giving about a weeks notice.
I'll find out in around 14 hours! As I have said earlier, I will post an update when I can.
Old 29-07-2009, 17:01

Positive news. The first of my two daughters arrived to day and collected a car from Auriga Crown (booked with DOyou Spain). The car is of a better spec than ordered and has only 6500 kms on the clock. Hopefully the other daughter and all others who have booked will fare as well.
Old 03-08-2009, 13:09

Well my wife and kids did get a car from DoYouSpain/Auriga...

But had to wait in a 2 and a half hour queue to do so last Friday...with elderly mum-in-law in tow and fights kicking off between disgruntled customers it was not a good start to the holiday.

There were initially two assistants serving both sides of the desk, then at peak hour one went off duty without replacement cover! My wife felt so sorry for the remaining assistant, who confided that the company did not care about its customers or staff at all...

My missus said it all:
"never, ever book with this company again!"