Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-07-2009, 12:37

Question Shuttle Direct

We are going to PP late August and would usualy hire a car. We were thinking of using the shuttle direct service as once in PP we could use local buses or Taxis for a change. Has anyone used this service and would they recommend it ?
Sponsored Links
Old 22-07-2009, 13:18

I think if you go to Search - next to New Posts in the top bar, then type in Shuttle service, it will bring up a few posts relating to this question that may be of help to you.
Old 22-07-2009, 14:15

look here
Transport in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca - taxis, bus, trains, airport transfers
Old 22-07-2009, 15:54
Super Moderator

I used Shuttle Direct in May 2008, on arrival at Palma it was a bit chaotic at the desk, the directions to the minibus were sketchy to say the least but we eventually found it. After a 40min wait for people who could not be found (not the company's fault) we started to make our way to PP. We overheard a conversation behind us that they had been waiting for nearly 2 hours and were not happy that they were going to be the last drop off, can't say i blame them.
However we got to PP safely so we were quite happy but the return journey was a different story. It was 15mins after the due pickup time so i rang on them on my mobile, they were a bit behind because it was raining but not to worry the bus was on it's way. Another call from me, was put on hold, line went dead after 5 mins, now my battery is getting low. I phone again after 10 mins and ask them not to put me on hold as my battery is low, i got put on hold, after a few more mins my battery is out. So i go into the bar where we had arranged the pickup and they call on the landline, again i am put on hold, after another 10 mins i realise if we don't leave now we will miss check in. So a taxi is ordered and is there in 2mins and 35mins +€70 later we are at the airport.
On my return to the UK i sent 2 emails to Shuttle Direct to complain and guess what.......i never even got a reply. My advice is ...use another service.
Old 22-07-2009, 19:24

we've used conde taxis in the past as family of 4 doesn't work out much more expensive than the shuttle, plus no waiting around at either end.
Old 22-07-2009, 19:39

Resort hoppa say they will text you to confirm the return pick up and time of pick up. They don't ! This is an awful worry as you are left wondering if they will turn up. Don't need the stress!
If you have internet connection you can go into their site and confirm the pick up online. Who needs this stress? Why can't they just do as they say and text you??

Anyway - we get someone at home to put our reservation number into their system and they confirm for us. The time and place of pick up is given straight away. Shame as this lets them and their service down. Hope they sort this as it could be so simple.
Old 23-07-2009, 09:44

Read through other threads regarding transfers to pp from palma airport. JMD40 was talking about setting up a shuttle serice . Does anyone know if that has happened ?
Old 23-07-2009, 09:47
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat Scotland View Post
Read through other threads regarding transfers to pp from palma airport. JMD40 was talking about setting up a shuttle serice . Does anyone know if that has happened ?
Yes it's Pollensa Transfers advertised here www.puertopollensa.com/transport-taxis-bus-trains.html#shuttles
Old 23-07-2009, 17:21

Used Pollensa Transfers myself they go direct from Palma airport to PP and will confirm
booking made from UK and once in PP will take bookings back to Airport 1 week before
departure, shared transfer 18 euros.
My son & daughter were picked up by a taxi arranged by Pollensa Transfers as there
was no other bookings going back to the airport,at no extra cost to for the taxi.
What a great service in this day and age !!
Old 13-08-2009, 20:17

I used Shuttle Direct last October and the service was excellent.