Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-09-2009, 19:55

Hi Ryansclan. Please forgive me for saying this but I really do think anyone overcharged should pursue the company for the money. 14 euros is 14 euros - i'm sure if anyone were thinking of giving away money they would, I think, prefer to give it to a good cause and not a bunch of cowboys! If this company were to take 14 euros from every rental throughout the year what a lot of money that would be. If they are able to get away with it they will continue to do so. Oh - I forgot - they did have a hard time during the summer though, 1000 euros a week is pretty tough! Just my opinion.
Eleanor

Last edited by eleanor; 20-09-2009 at 20:03.
Sponsored Links
Old 21-09-2009, 18:56

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleanor View Post
Hi Ryansclan. Please forgive me for saying this but I really do think anyone overcharged should pursue the company for the money. 14 euros is 14 euros - i'm sure if anyone were thinking of giving away money they would, I think, prefer to give it to a good cause and not a bunch of cowboys! If this company were to take 14 euros from every rental throughout the year what a lot of money that would be. If they are able to get away with it they will continue to do so. Oh - I forgot - they did have a hard time during the summer though, 1000 euros a week is pretty tough! Just my opinion.
Eleanor
Hi Eleanor, you've shamed me into doing my civic duty! I've just sent an email requesting a refund or an explanation. If I get the money back I'll donate it to my favourite charity: Ryanair............just joking, Save the Children Fund.
Old 21-09-2009, 19:13

Good for you, Ryansclan. I didn't intend to shame you. I become very angry with those who feel they can just keep ripping off. I think they live in the hope that if they go for a small amount of money then most people won't be bothered to follow up. I hope others take your lead as I'm sure Save the Children will be delighted to receive the money - such a good cause too - unlike car rental companies and Ryanair!!
Well done - you have made me smile!
Eleanor
Old 12-10-2009, 15:00

Last time I use these jokers.

109 Euros for a tank of fuel??? Did they use gold plated fuel or something? Plus the 14 Euro charge oh, and the very slick attempt to get me to add the additional insurance charge by not actually mentioning it at all until I'd handed over my credit card...

Oh and then there was the appalling service when the b***y car broke down. "Yes sir, the breakdown man is on his way - it won't be long"....5hrs later he arrived. Our villa was in a back lane between Pollenca & P.P. The breakdown agent was from central Palma, didn't have a map or a satnav. How on earth was he expected to find us?!!! I then had to accompany the utterly u/s vehicle back to the airport where I had to sit in their yard until someone could take me over to the carpark where I waited another 30 minutes while they located the key for my replacement vehicle.

Complete jokers the lot of them. My advice, avoid like the plague. E-mail has been sent to them but to be honest, I don't expect much in the way of a reply.
Old 01-11-2009, 15:22

Had no problem with Goldcar on my recent visit. We were there for 6 days so got the full/empty deal which I always prefer. We paid about 70 Euros for the fuel plus an additional 30 Euros for enhanced insurance so total cost was about 250 Euros. They also upgraded us from a Focus Estate to a Berlingo, which was newish and in very good condition. Based on our experience I would definitely use them again.