Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-06-2009, 15:17

Unhappy Carjet/Auriga Crown

Hi everyone...Just to let people know...a friend of mine who is coming to PP in July booked a car through Carjet in February for a ten day hire. The deal with Auriga Crown was to be 228 euros.
Today he received an apologetic e-mail from Carjet which accompanied a shock revised rental price of 355 euros and change of car provider.
It said : "The reason is that we have serious concerns regarding the financial stability of Auriga Crown SA. We have received last minute cancellations from this company that has declared it is incapable of servicing the bookings that it has confirmed with us, due to insufficnet fleet capacity."
To be fair, Carjet are promising to refund any difference within 60 days of the rental start date - but my friend was taken aback at the big rise in price and is worried if he will actually be re-imbursed.
Sponsored Links
Old 22-06-2009, 16:19

Default Car Jet

I had exactly the same with carjet. My booking went from 187 euros to 350... Shocked is an understatement. I too am not sure whether they will honour the refund and am writing to them to find out how long said refund will actually take to reacch me the customer. Once you have paid the higher rate it will be tough to get the difference back after the event...

If anyone gets anymore info please post as I would be very greatful.

Thanks
Old 22-06-2009, 18:41

I booked our car for two weeks with Auriga Crown via DoYouSpain and have heard nothing from them?

Maybe a fall out between Auriga Crown and Carjet? As I understand it, Carjet charge full price on reservation, and I assume they then pay Auriga at some point? Whereas you pay on arrival at the desk with DoYouSpain, meaning any funds would go direct to Auriga Crown?

Last edited by Mark1875; 22-06-2009 at 19:03.
Old 22-06-2009, 19:29

Yes we've just come back and used doyouspain in conjunction with Auriga Crown and all was fine.
Old 22-06-2009, 19:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacker2611 View Post
Yes we've just come back and used doyouspain in conjunction with Auriga Crown and all was fine.
Wacker, I think I love you!!

Can I ask what kind of car you collected and how much you paid in fuel? Anything I should be aware of when collecting?
Old 22-06-2009, 20:17

We'd booked a Fusion I think, but got 'upgraded' to a Focus Tdci. Very nice it was too, missing one wheel hub cover but there aren't usually any left at all! The fuel wasn't cheap @ 55 euros, so make sure you use it all up! Also, if you elect not to take additional insurance (which in my opinion is a waste of money) they will require a 300 euro deposit when you pick up the car. I think they do it to frighten people into taking out the extra insurance - anyway, its all above board and common practice nowadays. I just bunged it on my credit card and they refunded it straight away on return. I thought they were very good, and there was no queue at the desk either.
Old 22-06-2009, 23:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacker2611 View Post
We'd booked a Fusion I think, but got 'upgraded' to a Focus Tdci. Very nice it was too, missing one wheel hub cover but there aren't usually any left at all! The fuel wasn't cheap @ 55 euros, so make sure you use it all up! Also, if you elect not to take additional insurance (which in my opinion is a waste of money) they will require a 300 euro deposit when you pick up the car. I think they do it to frighten people into taking out the extra insurance - anyway, its all above board and common practice nowadays. I just bunged it on my credit card and they refunded it straight away on return. I thought they were very good, and there was no queue at the desk either.
Thanks for that, puts the old mind at rest!
Old 23-06-2009, 19:09

Sorry to hear about the huge increase in rate. I assume they can get away with this if it is in the small print. I have to say that I always feel more comfortable with the big car hire companies - Hertz, Avis, Europcar etc. I know Hertz ioperate a full/full policy so youu won't be stung for fuel you don't use. It may cost slightly more but I don't think they would pull a stunt like that.

Adios

Dave
Old 23-06-2009, 20:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1875 View Post
I booked our car for two weeks with Auriga Crown via DoYouSpain and have heard nothing from them?

Maybe a fall out between Auriga Crown and Carjet? As I understand it, Carjet charge full price on reservation, and I assume they then pay Auriga at some point? Whereas you pay on arrival at the desk with DoYouSpain, meaning any funds would go direct to Auriga Crown?
You can print your voucher & pay on arrival with Carjet too, you don't have to pay full price on reservation.
Unfortunately this has also happened to my brother with his rental going up from 225 to 400 euros!! in July.Although he hasn't paid anything yet so may search for alternatives.
Old 24-06-2009, 11:08

Default carjet reimbursement

Hi all,

I have been emailing CarJet and they have now agreed to accept the fault is not that of the customer and are willing to cover the cost of the difference between your two bookings. You have to pay the higher price in resort and then when you get back, submit a claim to CarJet and they will send you a cheque for the difference in a maximum of 60 days.

I have this in writing from the CEO...
Old 24-06-2009, 11:29

It does sound like a specific issue between Carjet and Auriga Crown, I wonder if those booked via other car hire agents/ company have suffered the same thing?

I would be very twitchy about claiming the difference back on return from holiday though?

Cheryl - I think your brother will fall over at the prices now being quoted!

Last edited by Mark1875; 24-06-2009 at 11:31.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:43

Has anyone with Do you spain had a problem with Auriga Crown as both of my daughters have been allocated Auriga and I am a bit concerned that they arrive and then no cars.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:29

Cool carjet/aurigacrown

Have used carjet approx 6 times in past-never had any problems with them. Booked for 2w car hire from 20.8.09 with them in Dec. Hire deal was placed with Auriga Crown. In light of recent postings and news re shortage of car hire i contacted both carjet and AC. They both assured me that they are expecting me on the 20th. Here's hoping!!!
Old 13-08-2009, 00:06

I used Car Jet/ Auriga, car was waiting for me, 5 minute queue, better than expected - Kia Carens, not Vauxhall Zafira and very friendly service. Things to watch, they try to sell you €3 a day insurance...... unless you drive like fool, dont bother. I arrived late and mentioned that the bumpers were scratched, I was told not to worry, bodywork is not important. 2 weeks later on return the rather officious Filipina lady questioned the damage, I was firm in my defence, but be careful and phone any damage through the next day to inform them.

They took 60 euros for fuel, it costs €48 from yellow light low empty to full, I consider this now part of the cost.
Old 13-08-2009, 10:16

Both daughters used Doyou Spain and allocated Auriga, both had Peugeots,one an 807 and the other 2007. Both cars almost new, they took the insurance as we had had car broken into in Rome ,so erred on side of caution this time. No complaints from either as cars a higher spec than ordered.