Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/)
-   -   Getting to Pollenca from the Airport (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/4552-getting-pollenca-airport.html)

MrsD 22-04-2009 17:00

Getting to Pollenca from the Airport

Hi all,

We always get a taxi from the airport as we are travelling with children under 5, but my sister is coming out to join us for a week of our August holiday and is keen to use public transport to keep costs down.

I have sent her the info on buses from the website, which is brilliant - thank you. She lands at Palma at 14.45 so I am hoping the 4pm bus may work well for her if all goes to plan.

However, I have no idea what the train options are like or how it all works should she miss that 4pm bus and not have the long wait until the 18.45 service.

Can anyone tell me;

1. Where do you catch the bus from the airport to Palma Bus Station - rough directions so she isn't wandering around like a lost soul.

2. What stop in Palma the bus to Pollenca leaves from - I've done it once but can't remember details?

3. If she misses the regular bus, does the train option work, and if so is it bus then train, or vice versa, and where do you catch it all?

Hope you don't mind me asking and really appreciate any help with this.

MrsD.

pollensa 22-04-2009 18:42

Welcome to the forum,

Another option is to get a shuttle service - costs a little more than the bus but cheaper than a taxi - see Transport in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca - taxis, bus, trains, airport transfers

Mark1875 22-04-2009 19:13

Whilst the 'council' bus is economical, it wastes hours. At less that 10 single, I would suggest one of the shuttle services.

pollensa 22-04-2009 20:25

She will also need to make sure that she gets off the airport bus at the right stop - my son & friends ended up at the cruise terminal & had to wait for the bus to go back to the bus station! :eek: They did get to PP in the end!

ryansclan 22-04-2009 20:34

We used ResortHoppa transfer coach a couple of weeks ago and it cost 17.95 each return. Coach leaves front door of airport about every 45 mins. We had a couple of drop-offs in Alcudia then straight to PP dropped directly at the nearest 'known' hotel or landmark. If you're going to Pollenca town, you'd probably get dropped off first. Probably much quicker and less hassle (maybe less fun?) than the public bus.

MrsD 22-04-2009 22:44

Thank you

Thanks all. I have checked out the Shuttle and it will be about 15 one way in August, so much cheaper than a taxi, and as you say probably easier than the bus.

Wish we could use it too, but with 5 of us at 15 per head the taxi ends up being about the same price - hey ho!

MrsD

med777 28-04-2009 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollensa (Post 29681)
She will also need to make sure that she gets off the airport bus at the right stop - my son & friends ended up at the cruise terminal & had to wait for the bus to go back to the bus station! :eek: They did get to PP in the end!

what is it about 'weans' pollensa... or is it just the male variety ?:D!