Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-04-2009, 16:32
Founder

Exclamation Car Hire Rate Rises Imminent!

We have just heard via one of our advertising partners that a lot of the Car Hire rates in Spain are due to go up for the main summer season. So if you haven't yet booked your car hire (a lot of people wait until nearer the trip), we'd suggest you do so as soon as possible.

There's a good selection of companies on our main site Discount Car Hire - Mallorca - Majorca - Palma Airport
Sponsored Links
Old 17-04-2009, 18:13

Unhappy Prices higher already

Thanks for the tip Pollensa. I always use Record and am a club member with points etc. I booked a car last week for May and paid 97 euros with mu Puertopollensa.com discount. At the time I was also quoted 260 euros for 14days in July. I've just tried to book it after seeing your message and its now gone up to 399 Euros for the same 14 days! Agh!
Old 20-04-2009, 16:50

Exclamation Car Hire Rates

Prices of all car hire have gone up dramatically in the last week.
For example:
Record Fiesta for 26 days in July was 470 Euros now 750 Euros!
A quick look round all the major hire companies show similar huge increases.
What is going on?
Old 20-04-2009, 18:00

Default Car Hire Rate Rise

We recently were told by a villa rental company that they were having the devil's own job to get cars for their clients as, due to the credit crunch, the car hire companies were not able to fund new additions to their fleets for 2009. The result is a shortage of vehicles for the first time in years and thus they can charge, almost what they want, and still get rentals.
Old 20-04-2009, 20:36

Try Spain, Portugal and United Kingdom car hire Spain, Portugal and United Kingdom carjet.com Prices not gone up yet!
Old 20-04-2009, 22:08

Default Try via Ryanair??

Believe it or not (and coming from a confirmed Ryanair opponent) I've just got a good deal using Holiday Autos via the Ryanair website! I would never use Ryanair to fly with, but anyone can access car hire through their website even if you're not travelling with them. This routes you to Holiday Autos and I've just picked up an Economy Corsa for 14 days in July/August for £204! This is about £106 cheaper than any other quote...and I've tried loads. It's with Centauro, who are off site unfortunately....and they are giving the option of Full to Full or Full to Empty fuel policy. I know this is less of an issue with a 14 day rental but this may be worth checking out if you've just had a very high quote.
I've just tried the Carjet link above and they have quoted £310 for the same period but this has no excess.
Old 20-04-2009, 23:42

Default price drop ?

Hiya,

I did a costing on 06/04/09 for a months hire/berlingo with record using my loyalty points and it was £490.68.

Read the posts here and thought I better check again... and it has come DOWN to £464.67 (all details exactly the same.. I double-checked !)

What IS going on

Miriam
Old 21-04-2009, 08:59
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by med777 View Post
Hiya,

I did a costing on 06/04/09 for a months hire/berlingo with record using my loyalty points and it was £490.68.

Read the posts here and thought I better check again... and it has come DOWN to £464.67 (all details exactly the same.. I double-checked !)

What IS going on

Miriam
I should think that that change is due to the exchange rate - the pound is getting stronger - was 1.13 yesterday. So it looks as if the Record rate hasn't changed yet (unless it had already been raised when you last got a quote on 06/04!)
Old 21-04-2009, 11:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansclan View Post
Believe it or not (and coming from a confirmed Ryanair opponent) I've just got a good deal using Holiday Autos via the Ryanair website! I would never use Ryanair to fly with, but anyone can access car hire through their website even if you're not travelling with them. This routes you to Holiday Autos and I've just picked up an Economy Corsa for 14 days in July/August for £204! This is about £106 cheaper than any other quote...and I've tried loads. It's with Centauro, who are off site unfortunately....and they are giving the option of Full to Full or Full to Empty fuel policy. I know this is less of an issue with a 14 day rental but this may be worth checking out if you've just had a very high quote.
I've just tried the Carjet link above and they have quoted £310 for the same period but this has no excess.
Just tried this and was offered a car at a reasonable price through Hertz.
However I spotted this in the conditions:

RENTAL PICK UP TERMS & CONDITIONS
The rates and services offered through this web site are exclusive to Ryanair passengers.
You must present your Ryanair Boarding pass or Flight Itinerary at the Hertz counter when you pick up your rental vehicle and your pick up time must be within one hour of the scheduled arrival time on your Boarding pass/Flight Itinerary.
If you fail to match these criteria we reserve the right to charge you at the local rate applicable and/or 'Out of Hours' fees, or to cancel your rental.
Old 21-04-2009, 14:57

Thanks for that. I'll check it out although the rental voucher that I've got is just through Holiday Autos. I'll post when I get further news.