Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 13:00

Default Goldcar - paying with debit card

I have a problem and wondered if anyone had experience. I have booked a car via autosespana who use Goldcar Rentals. I placed the booking using my VISA debit card but have noticed that they say you have to pay the balance using a CREDIT card. I don't have a credit card. Will they accept the debit card as it is a VISA?

We are flying out on Wednesday (15th) and from other posts it doesn't look like I would get a car with anyone else.

Sarah
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2009, 17:02

Sarah

They will not accept a debit because they require your credit card as a deposit on any excess or charges for damage etc that are not covered by the insurance when you return the car!!! Read the small print!!

Get a Nationwide credit card for use in Europe before you come out. Its one of the cheapest cards to use as long as you pay off the balance in total.

There are lots of discussions on cards to use for credit/cash withdrawal on this site.

Hope you have a good holiday.

My FlickR Photos
Old 11-04-2009, 20:51

I thought not but thanks anyway. I fly out on Wednesday 15th so no time to get a card from anyone I'm afraid. I have e-mailed the hire company and they are getting in touch with their supplier in Spain so I'm keeping all fingers crossed. Otherwise it will be a very expensive transfer as there are 5 of us.

Sarah
Old 12-04-2009, 10:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah74 View Post
Otherwise it will be a very expensive transfer as there are 5 of us.
If you can do without a car you could always use one of the transfer companies that do regular transfers to PP during the tourist season, cost approx 12€ per person each way. You may have to wait around for a bit and put up with 3 or 4 stops on route but much cheaper than a taxi. Although there are 5 of you and if you can get a taxi that takes 5 and share the cost that may work out equal to what you would pay for a coach transfer. The coach transfers however, do work out cheaper for two people.

Sorry gone a bit off thread

Last edited by whaleywanderer; 12-04-2009 at 10:44.
Old 12-04-2009, 13:07

Cheers Whaley we have looked into all of the possible transfers and would just have to go the cheapest route if necessary but as the 5 are me, my other half and 3 kids there would be no sharing of any costs.

But I have had some excellent news this morning, Goldstar have said they will allow me to use my debit card on this occasion to pay all rental, fuel and local costs - now I just need to make sure we use all of the fuel!!!

PP here we come!

Sarah