Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 22:46

Exclamation Problems at Record

Hiya,

Just arrived this evening and not sure if this is a one off but it took us over an hour to get a car, not the one we booked and other people were being told that there wasn't a car for them. It seemed as if it was medium sized cars that they didnt have. People were being offered smart cars. I need a belingo, becos there are 4 of us and a wheelchair. They managed to get us a big ford combi that could take the ppl, luggage and wheel chair. They seemed to be waitng for cars to be returned and cleaned and were talking about them being ready in an hour or so. If ur travelling soon, mite be worth a wee confirmation call.

Hope this has just been a hiccup

Miriam
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2009, 23:02

We have also just arrived back tonight, we may have been on the same flight Med.
We used Record for the first and last time this trip, the first car we were given the front tyres were nearly bald and the car we ended up with was in a poor state both inside and out.

PP76
Old 10-04-2009, 08:22

Hi

We picked up from Record on Wednesday evening. We had to wait about 15 mins to be served. We had booked a 3 door Clio and go an upgrade to a 5 door Fiesta. The car is fine apart from a few scratches which we got noted on the paperwork.

We did notice a remarkable lack of cars in the car park when we collected the car but I guess that supports previous posts indicating a lack of availability for hiring over Easter.

Have a great holiday everyone!

Sharon
Old 10-04-2009, 09:11

I suspect that because of the economic situation the hire company's have not replenished their stocks this year and are still using previous years stock.
Old 17-04-2009, 12:24

Hi all
Just retutned yesterday and collected our car on 09 April. We fortunately had no problems with Record. We arrived at the desk on the 9th April around 15.00 and there were 2 people in front and it took around 30 mins to reach the desk and a further 10 to complete paperwork . We booked a Berlingo/ kangoo but were given a Volkswagen Caddy with 12 kilometres on the clock..... very impressed, a wonderful vehicle for 4 adults and our 7 year old son, alot of rear seat leg room. The boot is cavernous, we had 4 suitcases, a vanity case and 2 small rucksacks , but there was room for more.
We were charged 60euro for a full tank of fuel which we returned a quarter full , it is very economical ( diesel ).
We have used Record on our last 3 visits also and so far have had no problems.

regards Tanya
Old 17-04-2009, 22:44

Smile

Hiya,
Thanx for the posts, helps to get a clearer picture.
We have been using Record for the past 8-9 years, and have only been finding a bit of a change in the last year or so. Main reasons I have stuck with record was, reliability, good standard of vehicle and the ease & speed of picking up the car. And no doubt, some of the problem will have been down to what whaley said.
But arriving with 2 x 79y/o's, one of whom has had a stroke and is paralysed on one side, they dont need any added hassle ! nor do I lol!
But it really looks like we just hit wee bad spot, cos Sharon & Tanya, I think PP76 & me must have got in at the same problem time (same day, just later than u) as ur collection went smoothly.

I have to book for the month of may soon, so any other comment/info more than welcome

Thanx folks

Miriam
Old 18-04-2009, 15:58

Hi Mirium

over the years of using Record the longest wait 1hr 20mins the shortest 8mins! but always had a new or nearly new car.If I were you I'd get the car booked now and when you arrive get the fittest member of the party to run straight to the desk,this could save time (come June anyone spotting someone in running vest and spikes-that's me!)

after the 1hr 20min debarcle changed company for next trip and such is the law of sod joined a mega queue with no-one at the Record desk!!so went back to Record and have used them ever since.

Like all things -you pays your money and takes your choice!

Bodge
Old 19-04-2009, 09:55

I'll be using them on Thur morning...
Never had a problem before, so will post to let you all know result!