Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 17:07
Banned

Default Car hire problems

We are coming to Pollenca on Wednesday 8th April til Monday 13 April. Like idiots we left car hire til the last minute. Now, all searches are coming up that nothing is available. I assume that we can still hire one at the airport??? If not, then its a problem. Any ideas appreciated.

Also, my daughter and son-law are coming out tomorrow for a week and they are having problems as well, any help with this problem also appreciated.

Aside from this, we are looking forward to switching off and enjoying the Easter celebrations in Pollenca.

What exactly does happen on the balconies on Easter Sunday???
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2009, 00:23
Founder

You're right about the car hire - I've tried several including Hertz & Avis & there was no availability so I wouldn't rely on being able to hire at the airport.

However there do appear to be some cars with Alfajet - see their advert on our main site Discount Car Hire - Mallorca - Majorca - Palma Airport - hopefully they can help.
Old 05-04-2009, 00:37

Smile

I did a quick search on travelsupermarket,com and it came up with quite a few...anyway I copied the link.here it is tho Im not sure what it will bring up :

car hire | cheap airport car hire and rentals |Travelsupermarket UK

If that doesnt work just go to the site.

Hope u have success

Miriam
Old 05-04-2009, 00:49
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by med777 View Post
I did a quick search on travelsupermarket,com and it came up with quite a few...anyway I copied the link.here it is tho Im not sure what it will bring up :
When I tried that link it seemed to be for August! Tried again for April & nothing available I'm afraid.
Old 05-04-2009, 13:18
Founder

Another idea is perhaps to arrange a shuttle/taxi for airport transfers & then maybe hire in the port if you can - see Transport in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca - taxis, bus, trains, airport transfers

You could also try telephoning some of the car hire companies that are on-site in the airport Record, Aurigacrown, Avis, Hertz etc.

This link should get you to the latest list with contact details:Car hire - Airport Palma Mallorca - Aena.es - Spanish airports and airspace
Old 05-04-2009, 15:13
Banned

Thanks for all the replies, I tried a couple of the links, still coming up that nothing is available. I'm keeping my fingers crossed now, that I can get one at the Airport. If not, then its not the end of the world.

Que Sera Sera.......
Old 05-04-2009, 15:22
Founder

Good Luck!

Alfajet do still have a Berlingo although some of the others that they had last night have now gone. I would try & book in advance if you can. See www.alfajet.com

Is this normal for Easter? or is this indicative of what has already been mentioned elsewhere that the stock of cars this year is drastically down? If so do book well in advance everybody!