Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-09-2008, 23:21

Default Centauro - generally a good experience

They are now off-airport. Found this to be absolutely no problem and, perhaps, even easier than an on-airport provider.

The paperwork directs you to a guy at the "meeting point". He checks off your name and sends you off to the mini-bus. The only minor snag here is that they don't have a signposted pickup point (in fact it's straight in front of you as you comeout on to the airport service road - but you only realise this when you see the van arriving). Vans were arriving every three or four minutes so our wait was next to no time. The compound is less than 5 minutes away (literally 1 minute off junction 10). Once there, saw one of the staff immediately and in 5 minutes of so, whoooosh we were off.

Drop off was a similar doddle.

However, I do have one major gripe and I will be complaining to them. It's the fuel thing. The documentation clearly states full when picked up, return empty. As it was, it was about a third full when we took it back - and were then told it was return full. I pointed to the documentation and just got a shrug. On one level, I really don't care whcih arrangement a company has. On another level, I do expect a professional company to act professionally.
Old 21-09-2008, 11:38

Angry Hire car fuel policy-rip off!

I've now been ripped off several times this year with Rental fuel policies. At Easter we were charged £58 for fuel at the start of the rental even though we were only making a single return trip to PP. The policy, Centauro on this occasion required return empty but of course it was over 3/4 full so no refund and they then top up with £10 fuel and rent it out again.
I changed to Goldcar Europa for July but same fuel policy again! Great service and cars but it really cost me about £40 more than it should have.
After loads of research it seems the only company that I can find that only charge you for the fuel you use is Record so I'm trying them next week.
Will let everyone know how it works out.
Old 21-09-2008, 13:09

Just to be clear, the guy at the drop-off said that I will not have been pre-charged for the full tank. But as the documentation says "out full/back empty" I'm not sure I beleive him, so I'm holding off on my complaint letter till I've seen the credit card statement. If there was no pre-charge, then I'll still be complaining that they are in breach of their contract with me if they subsequently charge for top-up.

J
Old 22-09-2008, 10:02

Re fuel charges - Last year we hired a car from 'Hiper' in the port, we were charged for a full tank but if you return with a full tank they refund the money charged. Not sure if this is still their policy.

They do not have a site at the airport though, I believe they transport you to their depot close by.