Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/)
-   -   Auriga Crown (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/3601-auriga-crown.html)

marilyn 30-07-2008 18:36

Auriga Crown

Does anyone know anything about Auriga Crown car hire. We have been booking through Goldcar via All Inclusive Car Hire.com but they have offered a quote using Auriga Crown who I have never heard of. Any info most welcome.

Thanks

snowy2007 30-07-2008 19:13

I am also booked with them they are OK they are on Airport no bus to off site, walk to car park.
Used them in Alicante earlier in the year.

Disorderly 30-07-2008 20:59

Auriga Crown definitely have a desk at the airport. Personally I prefer Goldcar, who have no excess, are very relaxed about minor damage (do not check at all) and if you pay for tyre and wheel seguras pay up without a quibble for repair or replacement.

JEPSET 31-07-2008 11:13

After a bad experience with Goldcar last month. Will be using Auriga in October. There was an excess charge for general damage which we paid when booking. Only to be told at the desk in Palma this didn't cover wheels!

Disorderly 31-07-2008 12:14

So Auriga includes damage to wheels and tyres without any excess or deduction? Are you absolutely sure?

JEPSET 31-07-2008 13:21

Thats not what i said. I think we will have to agree to disagree disorderly! The car we were given was ready for the scrap heap perhaps we were unlucky. Never-the-less i'm choosing to use a different company next time.There's plenty out there.

graham 31-07-2008 13:45

auriga crown

I used Auriga recently. Absolutely delightful staff at the airport. No queues (everyone was next door at Europa!). Prices were comparable to Europa and -yes- did pay extra for wheels etc.

All in all a pretty good experience. Will use them again - if only for lack of queues.

JEPSET 31-07-2008 14:09

Pleased to here you experienced no problems with Auriga. I don't have a problem paying extra for the wheels. My issue was with the general state of the car given to me by Goldcar!

snowy2007 31-07-2008 17:38

If you hire car often this is worth a look at,

http://www.insurance4carhire.com/

Its a good back up when you have excess.

Kezza66 17-09-2008 12:55

We have always used Autos Roig before via Villa Select and picked up the car at the airport ( about 8 times in total ).

Nearly new cars - No queues - No desk but their rep was always waiting in arrivals.The paperwork only took minutes.

No excesses -No quibbles - Never any problems.

Just booked a week in October but we are using Villa Parade who include a car in the price.

Villa Parade use Auriga Crown.

I have paid £10 to Villa Parade to waive the excess but Villa Parade tell me this doesn't' cover wheels , tyres and undercarriage and I need a Super excess waiver to cover those items.

I asked them how much it would cost to remove those excesses and they say they can't arrange that and they don't know how much it will be but they say I can get details and pay at the desk in the airport.

Villa Parade say the car is a Group B Peugot 207 or similar.

Anyone know what the Super waiver charge is likely to be.

I have e.mailed Auriga Crown but no reply yet.

Gommar Goffer 17-09-2008 14:09

Hi all - we too have used Autos Roig on may occassions without any problems. They are not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. Also if you arrange car hire for other people or use them alot the run a free days system - i.e. book 10 days car hire - bank 1 free day.

They even changed a car I put the wrong fuel in without any quibbles and also changed a car I had a problem with a leaking radiator - brought a relacement up from Palma on a low loader!

shotokan 18-09-2008 15:21

Surely no issues with wheel damage etc on the roads we drive on?...never close in 12 years... can't see a problem BUT... we have insurance4carhire excess cover to be sure...much cheaper safety net (otherwise you are being ripped off!)

Sun Properties 22-03-2009 18:33

Auriga charge 3.20 per day for the super cover (tyres/wheels/screen) but there is a max charge (14 days from memory) so probably best to go with insurance4 instead. Just had a great personal quick service from them on a Fiesta 4 door.

Rangers1 22-03-2009 18:53

Jepset

If the car from Goldcar was that bad why did you drive away? it would have been better to take back and ask for another one!