Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 12:06

Default On Airport Car Hire

Which companies are now left at, the on site airport dont want to get a bus out.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2008, 15:11

Hi ,
In May we noted Record , Europa goldcar , Avis , Hertz . I wish I had paid more attention as there were more but it was very early in the morning. As I said in my post re Record .... excellent all round. TT
Old 10-06-2008, 19:42

Hi

I also noticed Auriga Crown and Sixt now on site.

Sharon
Old 10-06-2008, 23:11

Thanks Auriga Crown glad to hear that I booked through Carjet they said they were on site.
Old 27-06-2008, 18:11

Default Auriga Crown

Has anyone actually seen the Auriga Crown Office in Palma Airport and more importantly seen the cars on site at the airport

I have tried my usual complaining to Do You and saying I want Record when they sent me a voucher for Auriga ......... but clearly they are not as desperate for my custom in July as they were in Feb and April, because they have not just automatically moved me to Record - no questons asked, as they did on the previous occasions.

They have written back telling me that Auriga won't be an issue and that they are on site .............. but they have used the words "you will find them in the arrivals hall" and I am nervous that "them" may be a bloke with a card who will then direct us to a minibus, offsite collection etc etc

Of course I could just cancel and go direct to Record .......... but Doyou are offering me the car I want for 35euros cheaper ............... and of course I want to have my torte and eat it.
Old 27-06-2008, 19:06

Default changed my mind

The possibility of being bussed to an off site car hire company was concerning me

So I have booked direct with Record

Gone for a "breadvan" ......... aka the Citroen Berlingo after someone on here recommending it ......... even cheaper than the Doyou Ford focus

fully aware it will be "no frills" but it carries 5 adults and 4 cases so it will do us fine
Old 27-06-2008, 20:42

I am assured Aurgia is on site it better be.
Old 27-06-2008, 21:10

When I was there in May Auriga Crown had a new office in the arrivals hall and the cars were in the on-site airport carpark.

Sharon
Old 30-06-2008, 08:40

Yep. Agree with Sharon. Auriga are definitely on site with an office in the arrivals hall and cars on the ground floor of the multi-storey. Also noticed SixT are too.
Old 30-06-2008, 21:06

We returned from two weeks in PP on Saturday and I can absolutely confirm that Auriga Crown DO have a desk in the arrivals hall at the airport and cars in the car park on site.

I, too, changed my booking from Auriga Crown to the ever excellent Goldcar Europa, because of doubts about this earlier in the year. We had a free upgrade to a Ford C-Max from Goldcar, with not too many miles on board, it was an excellent vehicle for four adults and luggage. We suffered a puncture and, having paid the extra 20 Euros for wheel/tyre insurance, rang the emergency number to confirm what we should do. I was told to go to any garage for a repair (or replacement tyre if not repairable) and bring the receipt back with the car to obtain a refund at the airport upon return.

The car had a space saver spare and the garage I went to in PP advised that if the tyre was repaired, it was only safe as a spare and recommended replacement. A new tyre was supplied for 186 Euros (ouch!).

On returning the car at Palma Airport the Goldcar staff refunded the 186 Euros in cash without a quibble.

Trust me - I'm sticking with Goldcar, with whom I've never had a bad experience at Palma or Malaga in many years.
Old 29-07-2008, 22:01

Default Car Hire on site

Thought I'd gove you all an update

As I posted earlier, I got cold feet re whether auriga would or wouldn;t be on airport so booked direct with Record

and I booked a "Breadvan" aka citroen berlingo

So I do my usual at the airport, which is to get to the Record desk as soon a I can after the plane lands ( just short of actually running ! )

and there was a queue ,not that long, but it doesn;t need to be because it takes an age to deal with each customer

Guess what was next door ............... Auriga

Guess who had no queue .................. Auriga

I considered defecting, but as no sign of family with luggage I stayed in the record queue

Eventually got the car after 45mins ...... saving grace ( if you can call it that ) was that luggage also took 45mins , so we didn't actually lose any time

Once they got us processed Record were as great as ever

But what about the Breadvan

It was really great value at 265 euros for 2 weeks and wow was it good !!!!

really spacious, fine to drive, comfy ride and took 4 cases with ease

were also able to put airbeds etc in boot without deflating .... great for trips to non local beaches

And the other night I whilst watching Top Gear I hear its one of Jeremy's fave's ....... I kid you not

Booking another for October
Old 29-07-2008, 23:05

In my experience 45 minutes is not worth getting excited about at busy times. Anyway, I'd rather be in the queue at the car hire desk that the scrum at baggage collection!
Old 29-07-2008, 23:23

Default bread van

disorderly

I guess you are right

I have just been spoiled by empty desks off season
Old 30-07-2008, 21:17

Too true! We go out to PP in April and October, stroll up to the car hire desk and away in minutes.

Oh boy.....what a shock in the season! Just take a good book and chill!