Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-07-2008, 09:57

Red face picking people up at Palma airport

This year we have hired a car and are collecting our friends from the airport a few days into our hols. Is it easy to drive from PP and find a car park etc at the airport? I have printed the directions from the link on the site for how to drive from the airport. Will it be the same entrance/exit for arrivals?

Thank you for your help, i'm a little apprehensive at the prospect of driving, so all advise is MUCH appreciated.

Liz
Sponsored Links
Old 20-07-2008, 10:31

Hi Liz

We are doing the same this year, picking up my daughter and her husband from the airport.
It's a very easy drive to the airport, takes about 50 mins. When you arrive you will signs for the multi story car park, make sure you don't drive into the car hire car park, you will see all the signs.

Then just follow the hoards of people to the arrivals/ departure entrance.

Driving in Mallorca is very straight forward easier than most cities back in the UK.

Hope this makes sense.

Timberman
Old 20-07-2008, 11:04

Just one thing to bear in mind when at the airport, the arrivals is on the floor below the departures.
Old 20-07-2008, 14:47

Thankyou!!(feel more confident now)
I've written down the tips. Just need to make a big card with their name on now to wait outside arrivals like a proper taxi!
Old 20-07-2008, 19:22

quite often when picking up friends at palma i often park on the departure level where the hire car drop off is, i think i read that about 20 mins waiting time is alowed if someone is left in the car

its not like airports in the uk its a wide open expansive area 4 or 5 lanes with a central reservation, not cramped or busy at all

we get friends to text when boarding in the uk, leave it an hour or so then head to the airport, usually time it quite nice

also if driving to pp for the first time perhaps it would be an idea to head for alcudia and come in the coast road

i've missed the motorway cut off sign a couple of times for pollensa and i know its there

the journey is no problem now with the new road, i'm sure you'll be fine

sorry forgot to mention, when leaving the aiport remember to follow the sign for palma not inca as i have done more than once

Last edited by gers1873; 20-07-2008 at 19:35.
Old 20-07-2008, 20:11

Gers

We always follow the signs for Inca! We find it is less stressful than cutting round Palma on the Motorway.

Sharon
Old 20-07-2008, 20:37

yes its a less busy route but imo only its easier to follow the motorway signs if not sure of your way around
Old 22-07-2008, 06:09

Top Tip:

If you have a hire car from the airport, then I have always parked back in the same area when picking people up.

You then just need to ask for an exit ticket from the car hire office located at arrivals while you wait for your family or friends.

Sod's law will probably mean i get caught out next time with this, but in 3 years I have never had to pay for parking when picking up. In any case, I understand that all car hire will eventually be off airport, so I will then be able bore my grandchidren with this story.
Old 24-07-2008, 11:01

its easy to get to the airport. When you get there the road splits into two lanes. the right hand lane is for picking up the left is for dropping off.
easy to see as there is a picture of a plane taking off and one landing.