Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-06-2008, 09:51

Question Simplest Directions from airport

Hello everyone

The directions on this website from Palma airport to Puorto Pollensa take you via the MA30 to the MA13. I've been sent directions to where we are staying by the tour operator and they direct you towards Palma onto the MA20 , go round that and then exit onto the MA13. Can anyone advise which they think is the simplest route out of these two.
Sponsored Links
Old 25-06-2008, 10:07

We usually go the route you have been given, but other people use the route on the website, it is a short cut missing out all the junctions and complicated stuff I think, we are going to use it this year as others have said how good it is
hope this helps
Old 25-06-2008, 13:10

Thanks sws97sdg

So the route we've been given has complicated stuff and junctions. I thought once I'd careered onto the motorway that it would be simplish after that! The route on this website looks to have lots of roundabouts -with your experience of driving over there do you still think they're simpler?
Thanks
Sally
Old 25-06-2008, 13:28
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally View Post

The route on this website looks to have lots of roundabouts
The roundabouts are actually several mini-roundabouts on one road so you just keep crossing over them. When you return & follow the signs to the airport this is the route that is signed so I assume it is now the official route.
Old 25-06-2008, 13:39

Hi Sally
Didn't mean to worry you, what I meant by complicated was that there are several slip roads and junction to navigate through before you get on to the motorway up to PP, its the first 10 minutes that are the worst, once you have done that the rest of the holiday is a doodle. Just bear in mind the road outside the airport is nearly always busy, so just take care. Remember what side the gear stick is on and I am sure you will be fine, I hope you have a great time, let us know how you get on.
Old 15-08-2008, 14:41

Hi Sally hope you got on ok with the directions, we used the directions on the web page and now will never go any other way, this way is by far the best way, even on a Saturday lunchtime it was quiet and don’t worry about the roundabouts basically you just keep going straight until you join the motorway. Can be some delay on the way back as the last roundabout can be busy but not overly. So no more getting caught up in the Palma traffic, makes the journey so much more enjoyable, thanks Pollensa, wish we tried it before now.
Old 15-08-2008, 17:08

Agree SWS - it seems much shorter! It's signposted Inca nearly all the way too - so easy peasy!

Thanks Pollensa for that!

Lala
Old 13-07-2009, 12:25

Just checking the short cut directions from the airport are still the same as last year, is it still quiet or have more people caught on?
Old 13-07-2009, 14:00

I will be trying it next week, have used a similar route to go to the Palma Aquarium from PP and it was quite both times.
Old 13-07-2009, 18:27

you can follow it easily enough on google earth

it is much quicker/easier on a Saturday, and you can stop off at Alcampo en route for a cheap shop if you are self-catering

Decathlon was always a bargain-fest too, not so much this year due to the exchange rate