Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-10-2008, 09:25

Good tip excess on car insurance take out this good value
Car Hire Excess Insurance For Europe | Insurance4carhire.com

@£49.00 per year good value
Sponsored Links
Old 18-01-2009, 22:55

This reply to an e-mail enquiry I sent to record this week
Record has improved their new policy in Malaga, Palma and Alicante in order to fulfill our customers needs.

The vehicle will be provided with a full tank of fuel with the following options:

For rentals with a duration of 4 or more days, the tank will be provided full and will have to be returned as empty as possible.

For rentals with a duration of less than 4 days, the following options would apply:

*Full-Half: Customer will pay for half a tank of fuel and the vehicle will have to be returned half.

*Full-Empty: Customer will pay for a full tank of fuel and it will have to be returned as empty as possible.

*Full-Full: Customer will have to return the vehicle with a full tank of fuel.

Fuel prices may vary depending on the vehicle's model and on the market prices at the moment of collection. However, Record Go always guarantees a cheaper fuel price than the one found at the Airport gas station.

Regarding the Full-Half option, Record Go would like to inform that, in the event the vehicle is returned will less fuel than agreed upon collection, the missing fuel plus a 15-euro handling fee will be charged to the customer.

In the same way, with regard to the Full-Full option, if the vehicle is not returned full, the missing fuel and a 15-euro handling fee will be charged to the customer.

On the other hand, Record will not refund the difference if you happen to return the vehicle's tank with more fuel. Customers must check the fuel level when collecting the car and if it does not correspond to what it is written on the rental agreement they have to report the office associate so we can amend the rental agreement.

Please note that our prices include:

- Local taxes : VET or IGIC
- Unlimited mileage
- Full Comprehensive Insurance without excess. Our groups Q and Q1 have an excess of 600 EUR.
- Free additional driver in your contract
- The insurance also covers vehicle substitution in case of imperative reasons
- Free cancellation policy

Please note that our prices do not include:

- Fuel error
- Damage to tires and wheels
- Damage to the windshields
- Damage to the underside of the vehicle
- Loss of keys

In order to cover these exclusions, we inform you that there are two alternative options in order to cover all the above cases but the last one.

1. The client will sign a credit card slip allowing us in case of any of the above cases to charge you up to for 300EUR for groups B,C,C1,D and L or 600 EUR for groups E,Q and Q1. This credit card slip will be destroyed at drop off and after the car is checked.

2. The client will pay 4.06 € per day, maximum 49.50€ for groups B,C,C1,D and L or 6.96€ per day , maximum 97.44€ for groups E,Q and Q1. This amount will not be refunded.

Please note that you will contract this additional insurance at the airport when collecting the car.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,

Lupe.

RECORD RENT A CAR
reservas@recordrentacar.com
Car Hire Spain - RECORD RENT A CAR - Car Rental Spain - Majorca, Alicante, Malaga, Tenerife, Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote
Tel- 902 123 002
Fax- 902 123 004
Old 25-01-2009, 22:47

Default Record car rentals in Palma airport

Thanks for the information about Record. I just wish I had seen it before I left. I have used Record rental cars for many years now and have never had cause for complaint before. I'm not happy with this new policy of picking the car up with a full tank of fuel and then bringing it back empty. After all, when it's not your own car, it's not easy to best-guess when it will run out of fuel and the gauges aren't always that reliable.
Spending just 5 days in Mallorca this time, we were hard pushed to use even half of the fuel we had been forced to buy. It's not exactly environmentally friendly either to try to use as much fuel as possible. I much preferred the 'bring the car back with the same amount of fuel as you found it with'. This time I ended up paying more than double the quoted rental cost, due to this new fuel policy. The staff at the Record Desk didn't seem too enamoured with the change of policy either so perhaps a brief letter to their Head Office might persuade them to review it?
Old 31-01-2009, 17:18

Despite this change in fuel policy I still think Record give value for money, We are all trying to reduce costs with the problems of the current exchange rate.

I have booked a Berlingo with Record for €54 (inc of €5 discount from previous bookings) for 6days from 7th Feb.

The Berlingo or equivalent is very comfortable for up to 5 people and lots of luggage space for the price. Have had no problems with Record and joined their club to get discounts.

I emailed them to say that I was disapointed with their change in fuel policy and got the standard email reply below.

Its probably dangerous and against Health and safety to syphon off the excess petrol that you dont need in PP before you go back to the airport for the benefit of PP forum members!!!

My FlickR Photos
Old 31-01-2009, 17:41

We booked our car hire with Holiday Autos, in August the company was Atesa whom we were more than pleased with, then in December Record. The car received with Atesa for the same price band was newer and in far better condition than the one with Record I actually went over to the office in car park to get paperwork authorised that we had collected the car with the dents and scrapes. Plus on both occasions we had purchased total damage waiver when we arrived in December I was told that this did not include the tyres etc and that we had to give either 600 euros to cover excess or an extra 26 euros to cover. I did say that this was why we had purchased total damage waiver but they were adamant, I did take this up with our travel agent when we returned but have not yet had any response so the car hire actually worked out more expensive with Record. Especially as we paid for the full - empty petrol without realising we could have asked for alternative.
Old 31-01-2009, 17:48

Default PP Power - fuel policy at Record

I have used Record quite a few times and always been more than happy with their prices. Cars somtimes a bit grimey but otherwise fine. I got the standard but personalised answer when I emailed them about their change in fuel policy. It just made me think that if all active members of the PP forum sent them a message about dissatisfaction at this change, then maybe they might have to re-consider 'in order to fulfill our customers needs'
under the current financial climate?
Old 31-01-2009, 19:21

I have just emailed Record as you have suggested ryansclan, as we first used Record in May 2008 and 2 times since and found them most satisfactory.
I will do a bit of research over the next few days to see what the fuel policy is with other companies, as we will be travelling to PP on 09 April for 7 days and need to book a car.
Regards TT
Old 31-01-2009, 19:57

Thumbs up

Well done T, perhaps we can start a revolution? Let us know what you find because we're going out in May.I haven't found any other companies with decent fuel policies unless you go 'off airport' which adds time to the travel.
Old 31-01-2009, 20:17

Further to my comment re Record, I have just checked DoYouSpain and it came out cheaper than Record but does not let you know who its with until you book.

My FlickR Photos
Old 01-02-2009, 09:50

We have also booked with Do You Spain for 1 week in May and 2 weeks in August. Both times we have a Kangoo or similar and the prices are excellent, cheaper than Carjet and holiday autos. In May it s 106 euros and August 229 euros both payable on arrival. Our car hire is with Record on both occasions.

Pansy
Old 01-02-2009, 23:02

Hi

Just booked with doyouspain to hire 5 door compact car for 9 days over the Easter period. They were significantly cheaper than others that I tried. We have hired the car for €95. The cheapest alternative was £125. We know we will use the fuel so that isn't an issue for us.

We have used Record via doyouspain since last Easter (used Centauro until they moved off site in winter 2007). I would agree with the comments that the cars are a bit worn and often have dents but as long as you check it over and get your paperwork noted I don't think it matters. The way I see it is that it isn't my car so I don't really mind if it isn't perfect! I would rather used the money I save on eating out somewhere!

Sharon
Old 20-02-2009, 23:25

we have been using record since about 1998 or 99 ( also in their previous incarnation) and last year tho the prices were still competative, was really disappointed in the cars. (Used to their headline selling point bout how all the cars were renewed after 6 months) Cars were bashed and dented, dirty inside and out and I got some pretty crap admin service. I did complain, and did get the next hire at a very good price, but would have preffered the old standard of car and service instead!
TIEVENAGHTANYA(jeeeeeze, had to write that down so I could type it here !) we too are out on the 9th, for 7 days... have u got anything booked yet ?

Miriam
Old 21-02-2009, 17:21

Smile

Hi MED777,
Sorry about the long name , I didn`t think about that one. Yes we booked car hire yesterday with Record for 09 - 16 April a citroen berlingo for 147 euro -- not bad. ( better the devil you know !!!) On the 3 occasions we have used record the cars have been fine with very few miles,no dents or scratches, so I am happy with them.We usually hire a small car like a clio or similar but we have 2 extra passengers this time, so I do hope the berlingo is big enough for 4 adults and a wee one. I`m sure you are looking forward to Easter as much as we are.
All the best, Tanya
Old 21-02-2009, 22:36

Hi, Tanya,
We're planning to go out in June with 4 adults and a wee one - so would be very grateful if you would let us know how you get on with the Berlingo and Record.

We used Record last year (before the new fuel policy) but are thinking to use only one car for the 4 of us plus car seat. So it would be good to hear how you get on.
Old 21-02-2009, 23:11

Hi Beancounter, I will post on my return from pp in April.
Regards , Tanya