Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-02-2008, 12:34

Default Recar Touristic or Holiday Autos???

They are offering the best prices for my two week stay in late July/ early August.

£152 for a 2 door Corsa or 232 (+/- £ 175) for a 5 door Renault Modus??

Does anyone know if they use companies which operate from within the airport or those where you are bussed? I cant seem to find that detail on their websites?

Has anyone used then recently, what were your thoughts?

Last edited by Mark1875; 26-02-2008 at 15:04.
Sponsored Links
Old 26-02-2008, 15:09

Well after 'limited' feedback I plumped for the Modus Deisel from Recar at £175 for two weeks all inclusive. I was frightened off by Holiday Autos CDW which brought their price level up to Recars time you added in the extras?

When the voucher arrived the car is coming from Croauto , who I remember from my regular stays in Soller five or six years ago. Anyone hired from Croauto recently?
Old 29-02-2008, 12:17

Hiya Mark,

We used Recar las year as they were by far the cheapest with Goldcar that time, and have booked with them again this year, this time it is CRauto (see my other post a few months ago).

We're out in June so I'll let you know if we have any problems, but I'm sure it will be fine!

Cheers

Ali
Old 29-02-2008, 20:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmurray View Post
Hiya Mark,

We used Recar las year as they were by far the cheapest with Goldcar that time, and have booked with them again this year, this time it is CRauto (see my other post a few months ago).

We're out in June so I'll let you know if we have any problems, but I'm sure it will be fine!

Cheers

Ali
I would appreciate that Ali, we too got a great deal via Recar with Croauto, who I know deliver the cars to you at the airport and meet you as you come out of arrivals?

We are not going until July so any feedback about collection, fuel charges and overall service would really be appreciated. With two kids under ten I always like to be as 'in the know' as possible.
Old 08-04-2008, 18:51

As way of an update, I booked a car with them on February 26. I had an email from them today asking me to call them as they couldn't charge the costs to my credit card? Could I call them in Spain?

I declined, asking them to cancel and I will book again as the price remains the same (and cheapest) for the time of year I am going.
Old 09-04-2008, 13:45

If you are not going on holiday until late July why would a hire company be trying to charge your credit card in April

If the payment had not been declined then the first you would have known about it is when you checked your next card statement.

The prices do look good unless there are any hidden insurance charges to pay.

I have never paid upfront for hire cars with other companies, always on collection.

Mark.
Old 10-04-2008, 23:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo43yo View Post
If you are not going on holiday until late July why would a hire company be trying to charge your credit card in April

If the payment had not been declined then the first you would have known about it is when you checked your next card statement.

The prices do look good unless there are any hidden insurance charges to pay.

I have never paid upfront for hire cars with other companies, always on collection.

Mark.
It seems to be a bit of a strange one, I had another email today asking to fax my credit card number to them instead? I told them to cancel my booking and I will rebook on line. There are no hidden insurance costs, its states so on their website.
Old 08-05-2008, 22:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1875 View Post
It seems to be a bit of a strange one, I had another email today asking to fax my credit card number to them instead? I told them to cancel my booking and I will rebook on line. There are no hidden insurance costs, its states so on their website.
As way of an update, I ended up calling them and paying over the phone by credit card. Guess what? Two weeks later, still nothing off my card? I am baffled.
Old 09-05-2008, 20:20

Mark

Keep us updated. This sounds intriguing!

Sharon
Old 10-05-2008, 17:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharonh View Post
Mark

Keep us updated. This sounds intriguing!

Sharon
Is that mallorquin for bloomin' annoying? I have written to them again today?
Old 16-05-2008, 19:24

Finally they took my money, £185 for a Renault Modus for 14 days including all insurances seems reasonable? £13 a day?
Old 16-05-2008, 20:16

Thanks for the update Mark. Sounds like you eventually got a good deal!
Old 16-05-2008, 23:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharonh View Post
Thanks for the update Mark. Sounds like you eventually got a good deal!
Aye, a good deal that started in February! Time they charged my card it had went from €1.42 to pound to €1.25 today. AHM is using them in June, so I'll find out how he got on before we go.
Old 16-06-2008, 12:13

Hiya

Just back from 2 weeks in PP, had a great time although the weather was disappointing, lots of cloudy days/evenings and a little chilly at times. However everything else was fantastic.

I can confirm the car hire was fine, when we got our bags we went through customs and to the agreed rendezvous point, looking for someone with a CROAUTO board, no sign! Panic set in and we waited 5-10 mins then phoned Recar. By the time I'd finished the call the guy from CROAUTO had arrived so all was well.

Bit odd doing the paperwork on a bench outside the terminal, especially as the guy didn't speak very good english, but no problems, paid for fuel, got keys and car park ticket (remember to pay before you go out). He told us where the car was parked and off we went.

Our car (Renault Kangoo) was fairly new and no problems, also decent child seats, better than last year.

On return we just locked the car (with the boot open) and then put the keys and ticket in and closed the door, no need to queue or do any paperwork which was a bonus. The only problem we had was that we couldn't find level three of the car park (we were stranded in level 1 with no up ramp) so had to leave the car there and call Recar to pass on the message - hope they did!!
Old 16-06-2008, 13:20

Sounds like you had a good time ahmurray, one question to you and anyone else, we are picking our car up this year from level 4, sounds like you had problems finding level 1, is it difficult to get up to the higher levels, we have also only been on the ground level before.