Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-10-2005, 19:59
Paul from Hove

Default Getting to PP from Palma

Hi, had lovely holiday and want to go back in March 06, can get flights and accomodation and planned to transfer using shuttle from the airport to bus station and then the bus to resort BUT my partner isn't keen, the flight lands at 1600, if we got to the bus station an hour or so later would the bus to PP usually be crowded at this time of day in March ??
Also does anyone know if tour company reps at the airport let you on their coach if you pay them, or have any other ideas, I don't drive and don't want a taxi
Cheers
Paul
Sponsored Links
Old 15-10-2005, 22:34

Paul,

I know you say you don;t want a taxi, but I have just booked for next week with Alicia from Zara Taxi's ....... it was so easy I just followed the link from this site ....... she emailed me back immediately.

And it is going to be so simple, we arrive at the airport and the driver will be there with a card with our name on it ( my daughter is beside herself with excitement at that idea ! )

And to go home, they will just collect us from our hotel

Couldn't be simpler and if you are arriving at 1600 , it could make the fifference between you getting to have a nice relaxed first evening or a rushed last meal after a hassle of a journey ...... worth the extra money if you ask me
Old 15-10-2005, 22:35
Paul from Hove

Default Re: getting to PP from Palma

Hi CD
thanks for your reply, the reason I don't want a taxi is purely cost ( I'm trying to sneak another holiday in ), as I say I'm happy to use the bus but my partner isn't !!!
Hope you have a nice time, wish I was going back !!
Cheers
Paul
Old 16-10-2005, 02:32
Linzzzz

Hi Paul,
I remember doing this years ago. I say try the bus option if cost is an issue. As long as you don't have too much luggage you should be OK. Just be prepared for a long wait in case you've just missed a bus & a bumpy and long journey. You really will save yourself a lot of money if you're prepared for the hassle.

I'd also check with the tour reps - years ago they used to let us on the coach, but you'd have to beg. It's an insurance issue apparently. If you've got the gift of the gab, you might be able to swing it. Worth a try too.
Old 16-10-2005, 14:39
Snowy

Paul you could bus to bus station then train to Sa Pobla very cheep if I remember correct 3€ then Taxi to PP or bus. Long trip could take longer than flying from the UK. Also there is a bus which meets the Globalspan flights I think I read it on the site.
Old 16-10-2005, 19:07
Paul from Hove

Linzzzz & Snowy
thanks for your comments. I'll keep working at it but I think my best hope will be a late package deal, still the prices for Mallorca - for Nov at least - are cheap enough, lets hope it's still the case for PP in March.
Cheers
Paul
Old 26-10-2005, 16:39
merseybeat

Try www.resorthoppa.com I have not used it myself but know someone who has. I understand, the more people there are in your party the cheaper it becomes
Old 30-10-2005, 23:48
Paul from Hove

Hi merseybeat,
thanks for your suggestion, had a look but it's too expensive for only two people, it's definitely worth bearing in mind though for larger groups.
Cheers
Paul
Old 06-11-2005, 05:04
JMD40

Bit of a late reply but you could always take the Alcudia bus which runs much more regularly (compared to just 3 or 4 a day to Pollença) and then you could either bus it across to PP (hourly in March I think) or pay for a taxi to take you to your door in style which will only cost about 10euros and anyone watching will think that you did indeed come all the way from Palma in a taxi!!!:rollin
Old 07-11-2005, 18:17
Paul from Hove

JMD40
thanks for that, I'll have a look
Cheers
Paul