Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-06-2006, 21:17
y parc

Default Getting to PP

Does anybody know if the road from Palma Airport to PP has changed very much since last year. We usually get a day flight but this time we will be arriving at 11 30 pm, and i must admit neither of us are very good with directions. We will be picking up a hired car as usual but i am a bit worried about driving so late at night.
Thanks for any info
Sponsored Links
Old 14-06-2006, 21:18
Founder

Yes it has - there is a new motorway which now bypasses Inca & makes it faster & simpler - see www.puertopollensa.com/Arriving.html for directions.
Old 15-06-2006, 05:32
KILLIAN MCCORMACK

We did this trip at night last month. While the motorway bypasses Inca it was not fully openened put all the signs for it we lit up. This made it a bit confusing as the signs for only upcoming roundabouts etc we not meant for the actual road that we were on which runs parallel to the soon to be opened motorway.
Maybe its fully open since May 20th when we returned. But if its not just be a bit more cautious than usual maybe.
Anyway have a great time!
Old 15-06-2006, 17:12
y parc

Thanks for the info will print the arriving in mallorca out and take it with us, we are those kind of people that always manage to get lost at least once which is quite amusing during the day but not at night. We went to Palma last year and somehow or other we went down an escalator where the shops are and came up another one to find ourselves in the old part of Palma where all the locals live. After walking for what seemed like miles without seeing any shops or any sign of life we saw a sign for the store El Coto De Ingles which we recognised but when we got there it was another El Coto store so there must be two of them. Eventually we managed to flag down a taxi and he took us back to the Cathedral where we had parked our car, it woud not have been so bad but i had just had a knee replacement and was using a stick at the time. I can tell you it was definately a large G&T that night, flying out on this Saturday will report in after coming back
Old 15-06-2006, 17:23
Founder

Do report back & suggest changes to the instructions if not quite right as I won't be going again until 8th July - have a great trip - & the new Mororway is completely open now, I believe.