Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/)
-   -   Bus from the airport. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/2516-bus-airport.html)

MoMike 03-07-2006 23:46

Bus from the airport.

Somebody in the UK told me over the weekend that there was a bus service from the airport direct to PP. I said I was sure that was not the case but would check. I cannot find anything to change my mind on these pages, but if anybody can correct me I would be grateful.

pollensa 03-07-2006 23:47

The only public bus that I'm aware of is from the centre of Palma so you can get a bus from the airport to Palma & then another to PP. There are also various shuttle services.

See www.puertopollensa.com/transport-taxis-bus-trains.html

star81 04-07-2006 01:48

Bus from airport

Were they flying from Scotland using Globespan ? They offer a direct bus that leaves the airport 40 mins after each flight that you can use even if you are flight only. You pay £5 each way and just book it online beforehand.

Maybe this will help you.

Sun Properties 08-07-2006 14:24

Airport Bus

My daughter is coming out to PP next Tuesday on a First Choice charter flight for a week. She is staying at a private apartment in PP, is too young to hire a car and the taxi price is a bit steep for her. I popped into the Pollensa Park and asked the First Choice rep if there was any chance my daughter could come on their bus from the airport ..... no problem ''standard practice" at a cost of 20 euro per person per journey. She can get droppped off at any First Choice hotel with Uyal and Pollensa Park being the main stops although "if you get a nice driver he may be prepared to stop nearer your accommodation". I was also told all the package holiday operators offered this facility.
Armed with this information I checked with the various reps standing in the arrivals hall at Palma Airport last week. The First Choice rep said they didn't offer this facility !!! Thomson's rep said yes ... 20 euro per leg. I then went to the First Choice desk (level 2) ... they said they sold tickets there at 20 euro.
My daughter returns in 10 days time ... I will let you know how she got on.

smiddy 08-07-2006 22:37

Transfer to Airport

20 Euros per passenger per journey? Do they say this is one-way or return? If it is only one way it's a absolute rip-off! As the previous poster said Globespan only charge a fiver, one-way, although you do have to fly with them. If they can do it why can't the others?
I used the service yesterday and it was first class!

Sun Properties 09-07-2006 18:22

Bus

Smiddy ... agree with you 100% - it is a rip off but for a teenager with limited budget it is still cheaper than a taxi. 20 euro each way.

KAB

smiddy 10-07-2006 17:43

Bus to PP

Kab, Understand it's difficult for a teenager travelling alone. There's always a number of people going to PP on each flight to Palma, she could ask around as it may be possible to share a taxi with others, i know this wouldn't be ideal, but it's only a suggestion. Other than that the only other way would be the bus to Palma then Palma to PP. Check the times, if they are suitable it is not as daunting as you would imagine, friends of mine have used this method often.

Linzzzz 11-07-2006 06:12

Re: Bus to PP

Interesting ..... Does anyone know if Easijet do a similar service for their passengers? 20 Euros would be a lot cheaper than a taxi even if it is a rip off.

ChrisLox 11-07-2006 14:38

bus to pp

the service bus to pp is very cheap, only about 3 or 4 euros. you get one bus from the airport near the car park (about 1 or 2 euros) which leaves every ten mins to placa espana, then get the pp bus from the station.