Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-07-2007, 16:54
yelob

Default Heads Up re Holiday Autos/GoldCar

Just a quick note re picking up a car in PP if you book with Holiday Autos,I had a very frustrating experience trying to find Goldcar their local representative.

First problem is the address given by Holiday Autos doesn't include the street number (its actually 24 Medico LLopis) and
Goldcar are not great to say the least in answering their phone,they also have no answering machine.I rang half a dozen times before getting an answer.Their shopfront is obscured on the street by the display from Viking Toys so unless you're standing right outside their shop you won't see it.

The other problem was nobody in PP had heard of Goldcar including an old car hire hand who said he knew them all-the problem turned out to be that they recently changed their name from Europa Cars which everyone knew them by.

Worked out fine in the end and hiring a car was the best thing I did.
Sponsored Links
Old 17-07-2007, 21:21
mark1875

I am collecting my car from Goldcar in August, where exactly is their shop yelob? I know PP and calle Medico LLopis well enough?

Did they charge you the crazy 50 plus euros for fuel?
Old 17-07-2007, 21:34
yelob

Mark,if you go down the Medico LLopis ( I turn right at the church) walk right down until you come to the supermarket on the left hand corner.Diagonally opposite you will see Viking Toys and Goldcar are right beside them,you wont see them as the Viking Toys display covers the front of Goldcar (when looking across from the Supermarket)

This was my problem as well because I thought Medico LLopis ended at that (supermarket)junction and on my first foray I didn't walk across the road as I thought I was entering a different street.

I was due to collect my car on Sat at 1.00 and all Friday evening during their opening times,the phone rang out or was busy.I actually made a decision to cancel on Saturday morning (dont get me started on that) and as luck would have it I made one more call and that one was answered.

While I was there I saw the phone being picked up when it rang and put on hold without being answered,they are definitely not phone people.Nice to deal with in person I would add but I got a hint of unhappy staff maybe beacuse they were recently taken over or something.If you are asking for them locally I would ask for Europa Cars as nobody knows them as Goldcar.In fact funny incident,I was sitting in a cafe and overheard someone looking for them,the Spanish waiter had his face scrunched up trying to think,I boldly intervened and saved I hope another poor soul a long traipse.
Old 18-07-2007, 01:23
mark1875

Cant picture Viking Toys at all? Will find it though. I will be walking down from Siller.

Did they charge you in advance for the fuel?
Old 18-07-2007, 02:16
yelob

yeah,they charged me 57euro for a tank which I thought was a bit steep and they also wanted the car back empty,I dont know if that's the norm or not.

Another way of looking at it is they're opposite the Flora Apartments but again they're unmarked.

If you know that Spar Supermarket I mean you'll find it alright,Goldcar is diagonally opposite across the street on the opposite corner but as I say obscured by the Viking Toys display.
Old 18-07-2007, 02:34
yelob

Mark,here's a rough map

Old 20-07-2007, 13:45
mark1875

I know it now, 57 euros for a tank is a rip off I think? I certainly wont use a tank in a week. I looked at using someone else but all the good deals seem to be gone now.

Away to look again.
Old 22-07-2007, 04:19

hi.
I have used them for the last four years with no problems.
Although the cars have seen better days,(a few scrapes and scratches)
57 euros for a full tank is ok for 2 weeks. (my fiesta at home uses roughly 45euros for a full tank without air-con, so you
are paying an extra 12euros for air-con
If it helps it is situated just before TRIO'S restaurant.
Old 24-07-2007, 01:31
mark1875

I am only hiring for a week. Being a Scot, I will tank along the new motorway a few times just to get my moneys worth.:lol Andratx for tea anyone? :rollin

Glad I booked when I did though as there is very little available for the dates I am going now.

I booked and paid for a Ford Fusion, is there much chance of getting one?