Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-07-2007, 20:37
yelob

Default Heads Up re Best Way into Pollenca

Probably old hat but I thought I'd share my experiences anyway:

First there seemed to be more ways in and out of Pollenca than there are atoms in the universe,most of the ones i took had me going down tiny medieval street with zero chance of parking,this became so frustrating I nearly gave up on visiting Pollenca.

Anyway after numereous tries the best way I found was to
go through the LLuc roundabout as if heading for Inca/Palma and before you get to the roundabout with the cockerel there is a slip road into the right,keep going straight (don't be tempted by the right hand signs for Centre,you won't get parking) until you come to a Repsol garage on your right,just before this on your left is a large open and free car park space and a bit further up behind the Renault dealership and directly opposite the garage there is an even bigger free open parking space.I got parking any time I went and it is only a short walk to the cloisters and the church square.

There is also a playground opposite the car park and beside the garage which was a godsend.

These spots are also good for visiting El Molina reataurant as its only a short distance up from the garage.
Sponsored Links
Old 17-07-2007, 23:12

Both car parks are good but we also try and get a space off the main street - we normally get lucky outside a small Caprabo supermarket (there's a shop selling ceramics on the corner). This is in the evening, though, and for market days I would use the waste ground car parks.

But I agree with you about the narrow streets in Pollensa!

Jane
Old 18-07-2007, 16:57

Wish this thread had been posted 4 weks ago! We parked in a little back street which we then LOST after wandering around/ having lunch :lol Wee scary moment when we felt doomed to roam the Streets of Pollenca for ever or until the Hire car was repossessed by the company or something...

Leaving was the worst bit! Got caught up in the one way system around the town - muggins here was driving - well I should say SQUEEZING the car through impossibly tight streets where there where actually PARKED CARS - madness! Only inches between the wall on one side and a car on the other and all the time I'm thinking of the excess we will be charged for scraping the hire car! :eek

Made it home safely but next time I'm following your advice!
Old 18-07-2007, 20:27
yelob

Lala,that was exactly my experience made worse by my wife's claustrophobia,bad enough keeping the car from scraping the walls as you say but having a nervous passenger really topped it.Did I imagine it or did the streets actually get narrower,that the way it felt anyway...