Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-05-2006, 20:58

Default Centuaro Car Hire

Hi can any body tell me if this company is any good (waiting times for car etc. Any feedback good or bad is appreciated.

Thanks

Sally
Sponsored Links
Old 17-05-2006, 20:59
Debilicious

Hi Salhal,

i copyed this from page 2 on this thread,

We had a problem with our car when we stayed in PP from 28 May - 4 June that I wanted to share with you all.

We booked a car via Holidayautos to pick up from Palma airport on 28 May 05 but it appeared everyone else had too! Holidayautos had booked the car with Centauro. When we arrived all of the other car hire booths were empty but there was a huge queue from Centauro.

We started queuing at midday and we weren't sitting in the car until just past 2PM! Not the best way to start the holiday. What made it worse was seeing people walk up to Hertz etc and getting their car within 2 mins.

Only bright side was that Centauro upgraded our car from a fiesta to a focus estate for free which almost made the 2 hour wait worthwhile.

Apparently Centauro were undercutting everyone else so this is why they had the massive queue. I guess sometimes the cheapest isn't necessarily the best option.....

check it out, as there is more on same company...

4th or 5th down

deb
Old 17-05-2006, 21:11

Thanks for that Deb, will prepare myself for a wait then.

Sally
Old 17-05-2006, 22:22

We always hire our cars through auto europe, whic use any of the usual firms based at the airport. I think its really the luck of the draw whether you land at the same time as another 3 plane loads of people who've booked with the same company. Sometimes we've queued for ages, other times theres only a couple of people waiting. Unfortunately, all the desks seem really slow at filling in their paperwork though !
Old 18-05-2006, 01:41
Snowy

Good tip leave the bagage hall and go to a window in main concourse, not in the baggage hall much quicker service.
Old 18-05-2006, 02:38
pinot g

The window in the concourse is supposed to be used by people who have not travelled by air. The waiting time airside gets longer because people run round to the other window, its very frustrating. I have seen some very angry people in the queue and very stressed staff because of this.If you re travelling with other people ,could someone rush ahead to go to the car hire and one get the luggage? This always works for us!
Old 18-05-2006, 04:57
pinot g

Also meant to say that we have used Centauro many times, booked through Carjet and Holiday Autos. Each time has been fine no problems, on a couple of occasions we ve also been upgraded free of charge. You should nt have any problems!

Pinot G
Old 26-06-2006, 00:09
womblemonty

We used Centauro through Carjet. No queues, straightforward transaction. We were upgraded to a newish Fiesta, but were charged E52 for a tank of petrol. Seems excessive, don't know what others think?
Old 26-06-2006, 05:48

Seems to be a standard charge of 52 euros for fuel. We always use Europa Goldcar through Carjet and it makes no difference what car I hire, petrol or diesal, I always get charged the same amount.
Oh well it is the start of the holiday and I'm too chilled to argue.:smokin

Timberman
Old 26-06-2006, 20:25

Thanks for all your replys. Had no probs, apart from an hours wait! The couple in front asked for a free upgrade cos they had got one last year and held the Q up for ages moaning!

Thanks again

Sally
Old 21-07-2006, 01:10
Jax

We've always used Centauro, and have always been happy with them. They've just started the 'petrol charge', but if you return the car full will refund it.
Once you've booked directly with them three times you get a gold card - so you skip the queue and always get an upgrade!
Old 21-07-2006, 15:17

Hi there,
Just to add to the previous positive comments. I too am a regular user with Centuaro car hire, booked via Carjet.
I have always found them to be friendly and efficient so much so that when I booked this year's car hire via Carjet and the e-mail booking had placed me with another company they use I requested a change to Centuaro - which they happily did.
Snowy's advice is absolutely spot on as well!
Old 10-03-2007, 03:38

We will certainly do what you did RedRobbo next time if carjet don't place us with Centauro as they normally do.

Last week we were met on arrivals by a German girl who told us our car was waiting off site and we would be taken by mini bus to pick it up. OMG what a hassle..the mini bus was a pain in itself but when we arrived to the car parking we found a portacabin with one girl manning the desk. She was sooo slow and luckily we were only 2nd in the queue but still waited a good 30 minutes before she got to us , and then another 20 minutes while she filled in the paperwork. This was March so imagine the chaos in the Summer :eek .

Finally set off knowing we would have to make sure we left at least an our extra to check in on the way home, and pray we could find our way back to this off site car park. We did ..eventually but it was just as long a wait and the mini bus nearly went without us!

The good thing about carjet is that they do always find the best deals but sometimes it's worth paying a bit more for a good service.

Will not be using these guys again!!! The company is called Aurigacrown :rolleyes

Debs
Old 19-07-2007, 06:22

I have juste used Centauro (through Carjet) and found them to be very good. If you have a car on 3 days or less they will do Full/Full on fuel.

The Wob
Old 05-01-2008, 23:02

We used Centauro during our recent visit to Puerto Pollensa. Anyone booked with them should note that they have now moved off site at the airport. This is very recent as we used them in October and they were on site then.

As we are used to the convenience of dealing with the desk in the airport and collecting the car across the road the off site experience was a nightmare.

We were met at the airport by a representative from Centuaro and had to wait about 30 mins for the bus to arrive to take us to the off site location. Then we had to join a queue to get the details sorted out. Whilst waiting in the queue we couldn't help thinking that we should have been well on our way up the motorway to PP !

Returning the car was even more stressful - we couldn't find the off site location with the map they had given us. We drove around for 30 mins and eventually phoned them from outside the main car park. They did immediately send someone over to get the car which was good.