Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/)
-   -   centauro car hire (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/2466-centauro-car-hire.html)

Red Robbo 23-01-2008 20:40

centauro car hire

Hello everyone,
Just wondering if anyone can help with some information about possible changes at Palma airport car hire.
We've nearly always booked with Centauro over the years but I've just heard that their offices are now off site and we would need a shuttle to get to them.
Does this mean that other car hire companies have also gone off site?
Thanks for any help.

Red Robbo 23-01-2008 21:23

centauro

Just to let people know I've had an e-mail from Centauro who confirm that they are now off site and their offices are a five minute bus journey away.
With that I shall be looking to rent elsewhere....

Sharonh 24-01-2008 04:15

Re: centauro

Redrobbo

Sorry I have not responded sooner to your request for information - I was having internet issues! I posted on Centauro moving off site when I returned in January. Here is the link:

p221.ezboard.com/fpollens...D=93.topic

Like yourself we have used Centauro manuy times but definately would not recommend them now. We are going again in March and have booked with Europar Goldcar who are on site. We used www.doyouspain.com to make the booking.

Red Robbo 24-01-2008 20:12

centauro

Thanks for the post Sharon.
I've now sorted out the booking and we too are now going with Goldcar.

BonysLad 24-01-2008 21:21

RE:CENTAURO

It sounds like you have booked now but a good website to check in future is recar touristic. They scan all the car hire firms operating out of Palma airport and you can often get good deals. You can also see which operate from within the airport and those where you are bussed.

Hope this helps

BonysLad

Red Robbo 24-01-2008 22:34

Re: RE:CENTAURO

Thanks for that BonysLad. We have already booked but if we're lucky enough to sneak a long weekend in before the summer we'll definitely check out recar touristic.
What a helpful site this has always been!

pollensa 24-01-2008 22:43

Do remember to check out the companies here:

www.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-majorca.html Recar are featured amongst others & I'm pretty sure that Auto Europe use Europa Goldcar.

its cd 27-01-2008 21:21

Hi

Just bach from 5 days in PP and used "doyou spain" after a recommendation from this forum ............ car was actually from Record

Great service
Great car
Great price

Will use them again

Mark1875 17-02-2008 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonysLad (Post 13560)
It sounds like you have booked now but a good website to check in future is recar touristic. They scan all the car hire firms operating out of Palma airport and you can often get good deals. You can also see which operate from within the airport and those where you are bussed.

Hope this helps

BonysLad

They are certainly offering the best price for my two week stay in late July/ early August. Where do they list the companies which operate from within the airport and those where you are bussed? I cant seem to find that on their site?