Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/)
-   -   Carjet (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/2465-carjet.html)

PollensaVirgin 21-08-2007 21:35

Carjet

Just thought I'd let you know that carjet is currently using a company that is based off site of the airport. From landing at the airport it took us 2 and a half hours to get our car!!!! Not very good after a very early morning flight and 2 tired children in tow. To top it off they had no estate cars left and tried to give us a 2 door very small car (can't remember what it was exactly) ended up with a focus after some demonstrating.

Won't be using carjet again. Got Europe Gold through them last year who were fantastic - will book direct next year.

snowy2007 21-08-2007 21:37

I used Carjet this year Gold very good just booked Alicante will see who they are using if off airport good bye.

debz1 21-08-2007 23:23

I mentioned about the off site company that Carjet were using when we experienced it back in March. It didn't take us 2 and a half hours back then (about an hour) but I predicted it would be a nightmare in the Summer.

Carjet will always try and find the cheapest deal but sometimes that is not the best and it's worth paying a bit more. We now always ask to be changed to Centauro or Europe Gold if we are placed with the off site one.

graham 22-08-2007 02:06

carjet

We have always used Carjet and invariably got sent to Europacar who were fine. But this year were directed off-airport so used Centauro instead. By booking direct with them you know exactly what you're getting AND don't have that annoying 'bring it back empty' problem.

We'll be using Centauro in the future. Less queueing too!

Mark 22-08-2007 03:46

Re: carjet

Was it Aurigacrown ?

Nightmare !

We landed about midnight on a wednesday night end of June, airport really quiet, deserted, no one waiting for us at the meeting point as the paperwork said there would be.

Phoned someone who did not really care, just said to wait at the meeting point...

Eventually someone turns up to take us to the minibus, minibus had gone...

Waited ages, minibus arrived eventually, we where the last people of the day.

A bit of a journey to Aurigacrown depot in the dark, trying to remember the route so we would know for the return journey how to find the place in the hire car.

Arrived at the depot in middle of some industrial estate in the dark.

Staff slow as anything getting the paperwork completed even though nobody else there.

All the usual full tank of fuel charges, extra insurance etc, cost more than booking direct at an airport desk in the end !

Car was a nice brand new Focus, only 12 km on the clock ! that's the only good thing.

Returning the car to Aurigacrown was a nightmare, not easy to find and when you get there you have to wait in the que of people that are new arrivals just to return the car !!

Staff did not really care and said I would have to wait.

Staff where arguing amongst each other in spanish, a bit heated, every body stressed !!!

Eventually the minibus driver checked in the car, at least someone cares.

Only just made our flight back, so much time wasted even though we allowed an extra hour as we expected a nightmare.

I will never have anything to do with any company that uses off site hire cars ever again.

aurigacrown are best avoided unless you wants lots off stress.

They might be cheap, but any broker who uses them will loose customers. People will only suffer it once !

debz1 22-08-2007 03:47

Hi yo43yo

Yes the company was Aurigacrown and you're right they were a nightmare..never again >:

Debs

Lala70w 22-08-2007 18:21

Flamin' Eck!

We used Hiper which also takes you in a minibus off-site but we never experienced HALF of these probs!

Was a little inconvenient and had to wait 40 mins but was worth it for hassle free return of car in PP (we were staying on in town and no longer needed the car.) Because they were busy we got a free upgrade too.

Would defo avoid Aurigacrown. At least Hiper was well managed with a ticket system to ensure that you were seen in turn. returning in PP just swiped my credit card and took keys - 2 minutes.

Cocoa07 22-08-2007 23:05

We always used to hire a car to pick up and drop off at the airport but due to a problem with the car hire company (no car and saying that they didn't have our booking - even though we had written confirmation!) - we ended up getting taxis each way and then picking up vehicles in the port. Looking back, we decided that actually it was a great way to do it, so this year we booked taxis with Zarzas (who were excellent) and booked a hire car to collect in the Port. All went really well - taxi driver was waiting for us at Palma with a card with our name, car was ready on morning of collection and then our taxi turned up on time at the villa to take us back when we were going home.
My dad no longer has the stress of queuing for a hire car at Palma, negotiating airport traffic - could relax on the plane and have a drink.
As we didn't need the car on the day of arrival and departure - our hire period was two days less so the cost for both car hire and taxis worked out virtually the same as hiring for the full fortnight and collecting/dropping off at the airport.

Would really recommend it!

Timberman 25-08-2007 17:59

Have just returned from 2 weeks in PP and we used Carjet or at least their sister company www.drivespain.com/ who always use Europa Gold Car.

Our experience this year when we arrived I sent my young lady;) to the baggage reclaim while I went to the Gold Car desk and found 2 people behind the desk, no customers!!!!!!.
Car paid for paper filled in and back to the baggage before it had even come off the plane.

Lucky? well maybe. as when we returned there were quite long queues but in fairness to them I have never waited more than 15 minutes in 6 years using Drivespain in Palma, Alicante or Malaga.

At least by using Drivespain you will guranteed an on airport car hire. It also seems what ever car they advertise on their website, which is vitually identical to Carjet, is the car you get. We always get a Focus estate loads of room.

Timberman

JH02JLH 02-09-2007 23:02

We used Carjet again this year and our car came from Centauro. I sped off to the desk while hubby collected the luggage and the wait was about an hour, plus the time spent getting to the multi storey and another wait at the small office there.

Hubby is very keen to get a taxi to our accomodation and then hire a car in the port - it's something we may do next year. The idea of a taxi ride to PP is sheer luxury. After a day of travelling, the stressful journey to the resort can be the last straw.

And then when you can't find your villa and tempers flare...:eek

Hmmm...enough said!

Will point hubby in the direction of this thread!

Jane:D

its cd 07-11-2007 03:12

Can anyone recommend an airport car hire company that doesn't insist on the full tank / return emply routine

We always use carject and have always been happy with them BUT usualy only hire a car if we are over for more than a week and plan to do a bit of travelling ......... so at least we use the petrol ( and Carjet are still good value even after factoring in the ridiculous price they charge you for the full tank of fuel )

However, we are over next week just for a few days, we won;t be doing much mileage but will still need a car ........ hence wondering if anyone knows of a company where you start and end with full tank or start with just a bit in the tank

Thanks

C

Sharonh 07-11-2007 04:45

We have used Centauro when we only wanted to hire for a few days - they have a full/ full policy if the hire is for a short period (under 4 days I think). Website is www.centauro.net

PeRu 07-11-2007 08:35

Hi cd,
We have been using Club Cars Alcudia for years, Their policy is to have sufficient fuel in the tank to get you to PP and return the car with a similar ammount.(a quarter of a tank)
It's so easy, they meet you at the meeting point, you do the paperwork there and then, they take you to the car in the multistorey, give you the ticket to get out and off you go.
You return the car to the same location, lock the keys in the boot and go to the check in. So simple.
Club Cars Alcudia's e-mail address is:
cluibcars@hotmail.com
Phone: 0034 971 89 06 65

PeRu

its cd 13-11-2007 07:37

Thanks all for your recommendations

In the end I decided to email carjet , tell them I always used them but was thinking about fgoing elsewherefor this short break becasue of their full / empty policy and they have offered me a full/full 4 day booking with Europa

RESULT !

debz1 13-11-2007 09:38

cd was going to post and tell you that and then forgot :rolleyes . Carjet are very good and always do this for a short trip.

All the best and hope to see you in PP soon :D

Debs