Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-01-2022, 12:26

Default Car hire price 2022

There is an article in today’s Sunday Times (travel section) which says that car hire prices in Mallorca are 90% higher than last year.

This is the result of higher demand, the lower availability and higher price of new cars
Sponsored Links
Old 28-01-2022, 22:22
Under Moderation

Yes I saw that too and can confirm that most car hire Companies are quoting high charges, even Centauro who are normally very competitive. It therefore pays to look around. We used Sky scanner and found a good deal with Holiday Autos for an April trip. Soon I must bite the bullet and look again for our May Trip.
Old 29-01-2022, 16:13

I’m paying 36 euros for a five day rental of a Fiat 500 in mid Feb, with collection from the airport (record go)
El Gordo and Tangoman like this.
Old 01-02-2022, 10:28

Think the prices off season are low and will remain relatively low (Rockape - if you join the Record Club App and book on it you get a further discount at check out stage).

Problem is where in higher season where the demand is higher, there is simply not enough cars - some of the quotes I have seen for June even are eye watering.
Old 01-02-2022, 18:25

Time to buy an electric scooter..
Old 02-02-2022, 11:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobley View Post
Time to buy an electric scooter..
Good idea but please keep off the pavements!!
clinkham and Bootledodger like this.
Old 02-02-2022, 15:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller View Post
Good idea but please keep off the pavements!!
A keep off the what?

I don't think we have those down the rough end.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.8764...7i13312!8i6656
Miller likes this.
Old 02-02-2022, 16:32
Super Moderator

A new law makes it illegal to ride electric scooters on pavements and i think you have to wear a helmet too .
Bootledodger likes this.
Old 02-02-2022, 18:06

It isn't a legal requirement to wear a helmet on an e scooter but you'd be daft not to.

I'd only want scooter to get down to the big eroski and trailers are illegal so actually, it would be easier to get a e bicycle and tow my shopping trolley behind it. Also, it's not illegal to ride a bicycle on the pavement , if its greater than 3m wide, you stay 1m away from people, stay below 10kph and there aren't signs saying no to... so I'd still be able to cut through the square on quiet days... hmm
Old 02-02-2022, 22:50
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobley View Post
It isn't a legal requirement to wear a helmet on an e scooter but you'd be daft not to.

I'd only want scooter to get down to the big eroski and trailers are illegal so actually, it would be easier to get a e bicycle and tow my shopping trolley behind it. Also, it's not illegal to ride a bicycle on the pavement , if its greater than 3m wide, you stay 1m away from people, stay below 10kph and there aren't signs saying no to... so I'd still be able to cut through the square on quiet days... hmm
This report from the MDB says helmets will be mandatory.

Quote:
Alcohol ignition interlock devices in new passenger transport vehicles, mandatory helmets for drivers of electric scooters and new speed limits for overtaking other vehicles are among the positive developments.
Full story here ...... https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...aws-spain.html
Old 03-02-2022, 09:42

Helmets will be compulsory from March, Also on push bikes.
Sparky likes this.
Old 03-02-2022, 11:33

Prices are reasonable for ‘out of season’ but for June, July August and September they are exorbitant! We looked at having a car for 5 days in June at the start of our 5 week stay - they want €250 to €350 euros!a price we are not willing to pay. So tourist bus/normal bus from the airport as we arrive early but has to be taxi back as early flight back. Will top up with all heavy essentials - wine, water! when out in March and then we’ll be on our bikes. We did this last year and we enjoyed it - apart from the walk back from Ca’n Josep’s! ��
Old 03-02-2022, 15:30

Things are changing gradually but it's the final hop from Palma to the airport which ruins it for me. That no 1 bus which doesn't have a luggage bay is a nightmare. I'm bringing a mountain bike out in 2 weeks and I'm seriously tempted to ride it from the airport into Palma!!

When the tram from Airport to Palma opens it'll be amazing.

We could also do with a Zip Car scheme in Pollenca so you can just jump in a car and go to the supermarket and pay €5 for an hours use? Ditto a rental E bike.

Meanwhile I'll try to find a way to tow my paddleboard down to the beach. At the moment, towing my shopping trolley down from town to Llenaire is dead easy.

For any part timers like me, I can thouroghly recommend this bike trailer. You can use it as a normal shopping trolley in the supermarket and then hook it up and drag it home.

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
car77 and Roy&Myra like this.
Old 08-02-2022, 12:20

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...ar-rental.html

Quote:
This year, the Balearic Islands will be the Mediterranean holiday destination where the prices of rental cars will increase the most, specifically in the high season months, due to the lack of vehicles because the manufacturers cannot meet the orders of the rental car companies in Mallorca and the rest of the islands.

... Both employers' associations agree that the average price increase will be over 40% compared to last year.

... Both employers point out that prices will rise progressively. "It was not logical to charge 15 euros per day, hence the price will go up to 100 euros due to this problem of lack of vehicles", they state.
see full article on the MDB website
Old 08-02-2022, 18:43

Well I booked an Ibiza for 4 days to carry my bike (€123 incl airport levy) but when I'm back in April and July I'll be sticking to foot/bike/bus.