Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2021, 18:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockape View Post
Ive been using HolidayAutos.com or Rentalcars.com which give you comparisons on most of the PMI options. Some are mega cheap like Gold who everyone says to avoid. I agree if you have your own excess cover, due to the fact that they are extremely pushy and last time they refused to allow me to use it. It was either fight or get the car and go on holiday....so I took it until I was able to complain later. I think if you tick the insurance box then they are fine, I dropped it back off and as soon as they knew I had their insurance they were good as gold. (sorry!!) Not the way to run a company though.

This year after continually cancelling cars due to flight changes, I eventually went for the Formentor or Vanrell option. I then discovered that Formentor quote without vat and add it later, which irked me enough to immediately cancell and book Vanrell.

There is nothing better than walking across to the carpark to collect your keys and car immediately, but the car disn't appear to be very clean and had a few dinks which I photographed. No issues on the return though.

I makes me wonder when people with places out here, who leave a car at the airport, how their annual costs compare with booking a car. I once paid 10euros for an 11 day trip in December 2017.
When we bought our apartment in 2018 we decided to buy a car and have a Skoda Fabia Estate that we park at the airport multi-storey. The annual fee is €1,500, which sounds expensive, but as we (Covid permitting) visit almost every month, and our sons also travel to our apartment independently, we are actually saving on car hire and not having the hassle of queuing for a hire car or drop off. The cost of car hire is now massive, so I’m glad we did it. We bought the car from Skoda Inca and their service is fantastic. They took our car for its ITV this year and charged just €39 to take it.
Lorenzo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2021, 12:21

I was out for 3 weeks in June/July and I'll be back in 2 weeks. Haven't bothered with a car at all mainly because I haven't needed to buy any furniture or large goods for a while.

I do think I'll use Moto Formentor in future just for the odd journey but in general I think I'll wait until the off season and come do some work on the house? Thus far my favourite car hire firm is Alamo (Enterprise). They never argue about me having my own excess policy and they have a fairly generous approach to damage.

For now I've bought a trailer for my bike so I can ride to the beach with up to 25kg of goodies. If I want to go on my SUP I'll probably get the bus from town to Llenaire.
Sharonh and Lorenzo like this.