Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2020, 15:20

Default Park and Fly, Palma

Sorry if this has been covered, or I’m posting this in the wrong place.
Has anyone got experience of leaving their car in Park and Fly near the airport?
How good is the service? How reliable is the shuttle to and from the terminal? Damage and security issue? Basically anything would be helpful
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2020, 15:23

Use whenever we go away. Efficient service and never had a problem with damage. Only once when they were really busy was our car not back at the parking area. Te transfer to the airport is swift and never long to wait for pick up.
Old 08-02-2020, 15:25

Thanks, that’s encouraging
Old 11-02-2020, 10:22

Aena long stay parking is only about 5€ a day if you pre book.
mallorcaboy and El Gordo like this.
Old 11-02-2020, 20:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer View Post
Aena long stay parking is only about 5€ a day if you pre book.
And I now use this so much faster and easier than Park and fly just walk to your car. I used Park and fly for along time until i had to wait almost 1 hour for my car in january stood in the cold and staff not REALLY INTERESTED I WILL NEVER USE OR RECOMMEND BECAUSE WHEN IT GOES WRONG WITH THEM ITS A DISASTER .IF YOU DON'T SPEAK GERMAN YOU HAVE NO CHANCE
This was not the first time i had to wait for my car also if your car is on site and you arrive at night the parking lot is not lit and numbers on the ground worn away so difficult to find your car again the staff no help
Old 12-02-2020, 18:43

There was a previous post on this Forum a few years ago and some people had bad experiences with Park and a Fly with delays and in one case the vehicle keys being lost.

When I bought my car, I went to the Park and Fly office but was put off by the attitude of the staff, the place seeming pretty chaotic, and a huge board on the wall with a massive number of car keys hanging there.

We chose to pay for a season ticket to park in the main Aena multi-storey. It’s really expensive, but well lit, secure, dry and we’ve never had a problem finding a place to park. Using number plate recognition you just drive in and out. No waiting for transfers or car and no queuing at car hire desks. For me, a worthwhile if expensive luxury.
Old 12-02-2020, 20:09

Thanks for this. Do you pay annually with some kind of contract or are you charged per day? Any info including contact details would be appreciated
Old 12-02-2020, 21:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disorderly View Post
There was a previous post on this Forum a few years ago and some people had bad experiences with Park and a Fly with delays and in one case the vehicle keys being lost.

When I bought my car, I went to the Park and Fly office but was put off by the attitude of the staff, the place seeming pretty chaotic, and a huge board on the wall with a massive number of car keys hanging there.

We chose to pay for a season ticket to park in the main Aena multi-storey. It’s really expensive, but well lit, secure, dry and we’ve never had a problem finding a place to park. Using number plate recognition you just drive in and out. No waiting for transfers or car and no queuing at car hire desks. For me, a worthwhile if expensive luxury.
I agree it is an expensive luxury, but worth it. Last time I heard it is €1500 for an annual ticket which allows 24 entries. A couple of years ago it was only €995. We are due to renew next month so hopefully it hasn’t gone up again.
PP76 likes this.
Old 13-02-2020, 13:57

Alcanadakid, I contacted them, and yes it is up to 1500 euros for 12 months. A taxi from the airport and back is around 150 euros, so it would be 10 visits to the island before you started saving money. I'm toying with the idea of park and Fly but I've seen a couple of negative reviews. Have you had any experience or know others who have?
Old 13-02-2020, 14:24

You can buy a nice little garage in Portixol for €15000 and then bus A1 straight to the airport ...
Old 13-02-2020, 18:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallorcaboy View Post
Thanks for this. Do you pay annually with some kind of contract or are you charged per day? Any info including contact details would be appreciated
We just went to the Aena office which is to the right of the walkway into the car park, walking from the terminal. The staff speak English and it takes no time at all to get an annual contract. You also get a smart card to insert in the barrier in case the number plate recognition fails (it never has). I believe that they will also provide battery boost assistance if you have a problem, though I have my own in the car....but have never needed it.

Renewal is equally easy, again at the office.....remember to take the smart card too.

My family members used about 18 of the permitted 24 visits in our first year, so €1,500 comes to €83 per visit for us on current rates. Car hire is obviously cheaper overall but, as they say, “You pays your money.....”

Hope this helps.
Old 13-02-2020, 19:23

Quote:
Alcanadakid, I contacted them, and yes it is up to 1500 euros for 12 months. A taxi from the airport and back is around 150 euros, so it would be 10 visits to the island before you started saving money. I'm toying with the idea of park and Fly but I've seen a couple of negative reviews. Have you had any experience or know others who have?
You can book the airport parking online and its around the same price as park and Fly and you don't have to mess around just walk to your car . As I posted earlier park and Fly have lost the plot in January I waited and hour for my car Often they take cars of site this has happend to me before . finding your car is often a nightmare because no lighting at night and all bays need numbers re painting. If you don't speak German be prepared to be ignored After using them for years I would not park there for free now
Old 13-02-2020, 19:45

Quote:
We travel out about 10 a year so it just pays off, but we have done a similar comparison. Don’t forget taxi queues can be quite long in the summer months. For us it is the ease of just walking from the terminal which makes it worthwhile.

While we don’t have direct experience of Park and Fly one of our friends had their car damaged and found it difficult to claim.

As mentioned in one of the other posts, there is assistance for flat batteries which we have used and they were very prompt to help.

In short a first class service but expensive.
PP76 likes this.
Old 13-02-2020, 19:47

Quote:
You can buy a contract for various periods - 3, 6 or 12 months
Old 14-02-2020, 10:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil6699 View Post
You can book the airport parking online and its around the same price as park and Fly and you don't have to mess around just walk to your car . As I posted earlier park and Fly have lost the plot in January I waited and hour for my car Often they take cars of site this has happend to me before . finding your car is often a nightmare because no lighting at night and all bays need numbers re painting. If you don't speak German be prepared to be ignored After using them for years I would not park there for free now
If one doesn't want to walk because of luggage or kids, etc there is a free shuttle bus as well.