Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By arturo22
  • 4 Post By Teflon
  • 3 Post By Sparky

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2018, 09:18

Default English speaking taxis

Hi, does anyone have a recommendation of a taxi service that speaks good English and is able to find rural (hard to find villas). We rent our house and guests are struggling to order a taxi and direct them to the house as the operators dont speak English. Do any have Whats App so you can drop them a pin location?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2018, 10:23

Zarza taxis. Alicia speaks English and I have never had any issues with them finding places. I believe you can pin your location to them too but I have never done it. +34606404894 zarzataxi@hotmail.com
Old 09-08-2018, 14:15

conde taxis too are always good.Jose has always delivered whereever we want to go and has good English
joey36 and Hanser like this.
Old 09-08-2018, 15:10

We use a PP taxi driver called Lorenzo. He speaks reasonable English and does all our airport runs and if he can't do the pick up he gets another PP taxi to do it but gives them all the location details. We trust him so much we used him to chauffeur my wife to our wedding and my kids call him the nicest man in Mallorca !! PM me if you would like his details
El Gordo, Sparky, Lorenzo and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Teflon; 09-08-2018 at 15:13. Reason: Typo
Old 09-08-2018, 16:14
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
We use a PP taxi driver called Lorenzo. He speaks reasonable English and does all our airport runs and if he can't do the pick up he gets another PP taxi to do it but gives them all the location details. We trust him so much we used him to chauffeur my wife to our wedding and my kids call him the nicest man in Mallorca !! PM me if you would like his details
Agree totally, Lorenzo is a lovely man. We have used him for over 25 years .
El Gordo, Lorenzo and Teflon like this.
Old 09-08-2018, 20:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by prattyIG8 View Post
Zarza taxis. Alicia speaks English and I have never had any issues with them finding places. I believe you can pin your location to them too but I have never done it. +34606404894 zarzataxi@hotmail.com
We've had real problems getting reputable taxis to even try to come to some rural locations. To be fair, this is because they often get poor such poor details from clients. They'll take you out from a rank but getting a taxi back is hard to do.

Zarza have been reliable very good at finding us in obscure locations because they ask you to use WhatsApp on your mobile to give the location.
Old 22-10-2018, 09:27

Default Speedy service

Yesterday Sunday morning we went from a standing start just off the square to the airport, when we stopped it had taken 42 mins for the journey is this a record?
Old 22-10-2018, 12:53

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&C@29 View Post
Yesterday Sunday morning we went from a standing start just off the square to the airport, when we stopped it had taken 42 mins for the journey is this a record?
Yes could be. Using a hired car we generally take 45 minutes in either direction and know we have done in just less than 45.
Old 22-10-2018, 18:11

I highly recommend Emilio Gomez Cuadrado, well known to UK visitors, and often featured on the PP Facebook site. I contacted him via Facebook Messenger, which is how we corresponded when we were slightly delayed. He speaks perfect English, has a comfortable and clean hybrid vehicle and was waiting for us when we arrived at Palma airport. Also has a wealth of restaurant recommendations! Sent me a Facebook message to confirm he was waiting for us, very reassuring. Altogether a very good experience. Charged us €76.