Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-11-2015, 14:32

Default Speeding fine payment

We just received a speeding fine notice going back to the morning we were returning to the airport. From what I can understand, if it is paid within 20 days of receipt, then its reduced by 50% (50 euros instead of 100). from the notice, I think we can pay over the internet, but just wondering what would happen if the fine wasnt paid - would we be arrested on arrival next year and clapped in irons We will obviously be paying it but just curious as to what the outcome of non-payment would be. (Incidentally it was sent to the wrong address and wrong postcode).

I have just gone to the web page on the letter and Firefox has put a notice up - untrusted website ...

Last edited by Rosie34; 24-11-2015 at 14:40.
Sponsored Links
Old 24-11-2015, 15:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie34 View Post
We just received a speeding fine notice going back to the morning we were returning to the airport. From what I can understand, if it is paid within 20 days of receipt, then its reduced by 50% (50 euros instead of 100). from the notice, I think we can pay over the internet, but just wondering what would happen if the fine wasnt paid - would we be arrested on arrival next year and clapped in irons We will obviously be paying it but just curious as to what the outcome of non-payment would be. (Incidentally it was sent to the wrong address and wrong postcode).

I have just gone to the web page on the letter and Firefox has put a notice up - untrusted website ...
I got a fine in Spain last year paid it on internet good luck and slow down. Did you ever receive it ?? nod nod wink wink.
Old 30-05-2017, 11:26

We have just received a speeding fine in post.....coincidentally from the day we were returning to airport as well. Looks like it was on the road from the Port to motorway........not sure where the cameras are😢 Just wondered if there is a 50% reduction if paid within a certain time?
Old 30-05-2017, 12:24

The cameras are in a little grey box hidden behind a sign about 1/2 mile after the Radar sign just after you go past Pollensa.

There is another one on the motorway just after the steep hill on the junction down towards Festival Park.

For info, there is also one on the other side of the motorway in about the same area.

These last two interest me - if the speed limit on the motorway is 120kph but in Spain you can go 10% above the speed limit so long as you are overtaking, what speed are these cameras set at?
Old 30-05-2017, 12:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bircho View Post
The cameras are in a little grey box hidden behind a sign about 1/2 mile after the Radar sign just after you go past Pollensa.

There is another one on the motorway just after the steep hill on the junction down towards Festival Park.

For info, there is also one on the other side of the motorway in about the same area.

These last two interest me - if the speed limit on the motorway is 120kph but in Spain you can go 10% above the speed limit so long as you are overtaking, what speed are these cameras set at?
Good information Bircho, thanks. We were apparently doing 98kph in the 90kph zone, but can't remember if overtaking or not 😱
Old 30-05-2017, 13:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdollabbi View Post
We have just received a speeding fine in post.....coincidentally from the day we were returning to airport as well. Looks like it was on the road from the Port to motorway........not sure where the cameras are😢 Just wondered if there is a 50% reduction if paid within a certain time?
Same here - we got one for the same area a couple of years ago and paid over the net. I think it must be a secret one to catch people out as they are going to the airport and just worrying that they will get there in time!
Old 30-05-2017, 14:06

If you hired the car I would guess they would charge them and then I'm sure youre hire company would really take your credit card to town!!!
Old 30-05-2017, 15:15

There are some pictures of the motorway speed cameras in this thread on page 8, post 104.

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...ty-laws-8.html
Old 30-05-2017, 15:24

Google maps links to the camera near pollensa on the MA220

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@39.86...7i13312!8i6656

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@39.86...7i13312!8i6656
Old 30-05-2017, 16:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Is it front or rear camera do you know ??
Old 30-05-2017, 18:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy2007 View Post
Is it front or rear camera do you know ??
It was rear with us on way to airport!!
Old 30-05-2017, 19:20

Hi Ragdollabbi
Without getting too far off track. The notice does go to the car hire company and is then forwarded to the person that hired the car. By the time you receive the notice you may well be over the time limit for claiming a 50% reduction, as I was!
From the notice, and google, I located the direct line for the office, I think it was in Madrid, and called them. There was no problem. The lady called me back and talked me through the online system and assured me that there would be a 50% discount when I moved to the payment page. This was not easy to see at the time. There was and I just paid up. No probs. Now I don't worry about hiring a car next time.
The camera that caught me is on the stretch of road as you drop down the hill after passing Pollença and just as you pass the Son Brull Hotel going towards the golf club. The stretch where you can see for miles.
I won't add that when I received the second fine,two weeks later, from the same camera I just rang up the same office and between us we sorted once again! All smiles and no probs.
I now wait for the usual "why don't you just slow down" comments.
Old 30-05-2017, 20:10

Thanks for that info Watty. The stretch of road you mention is exactly where we overtook a van so camera obviously caught us around the time of overtaking. Will try the website tomorrow and keep fingers crossed that we can get 50% discount to 'soften the blow'. Now that we know where camera is I guess hubby will be more careful to keep within the speed limit.
Old 30-05-2017, 22:47

Quote:
Thanks for that info Watty. The stretch of road you mention is exactly where we overtook a van so camera obviously caught us around the time of overtaking. Will try the website tomorrow and keep fingers crossed that we can get 50% discount to 'soften the blow'. Now that we know where camera is I guess hubby will be more careful to keep within the speed limit.
Don't forget on top of the fine the car hire company charge a fee for forwarding on fine papers around 40€ -50 € Admin cost. Will show up on your credit card
Old 30-05-2017, 22:50

Quote:
It was rear with us on way to airport!!
Are you sure if on way to airport its forward facing.