Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By alcanadakid
  • 2 Post By clinkham
  • 1 Post By manda
  • 1 Post By Gp1602

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-07-2016, 10:42

Default Goldcar's reputation has caught up with them

While waiting for family to arrive yesterday we observed the queues for car rental. The queue for Record was enormous both on the air side and the public side. We watched it's slow progress and reckoned it would take over an hour to process. There were smaller queues at the other desks but at the Goldcar desk there was nobody. Literally nobody.

Finally their reputation has caught up with them.
scouse mark likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 22-07-2016, 11:59

I take it Goldcar has a bad reputation then?
Old 22-07-2016, 12:27
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pina View Post
I take it Goldcar has a bad reputation then?
Pina, there are lots of comments about Goldcar here :- http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...e-charges.html
Old 22-07-2016, 13:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Pina, there are lots of comments about Goldcar here :- http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...e-charges.html
Many thanks Sparky
Old 22-07-2016, 17:00

I feel another cancellation coming on............booked a Panda ( a car, not a soft toy) for 19 days in August with Goldcar via DoYouSpain, for the princely sum of €320.

Should I replace with two short hires from Hiperrentacar in the Port for similar money. Previous hirings from them have been, as much as a car rental experiences can be, trouble free with exceptional local customer service. And they accept insurance4carhire without blinking.
pansy potter and Gp1602 like this.
Old 22-07-2016, 23:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanadakid View Post
While waiting for family to arrive yesterday we observed the queues for car rental. The queue for Record was enormous both on the air side and the public side. We watched it's slow progress and reckoned it would take over an hour to process. There were smaller queues at the other desks but at the Goldcar desk there was nobody. Literally nobody.

Finally their reputation has caught up with them.
I would love to think that were true, but twice last month I collected cars from Sixt (next door to Goldcar) and had to ensure the evil looks of their customers, who were queuing for miles.

A passenger sitting next to us on the plane advised me that he was collecting a car from Goldcar, and we told him to go straight to them and get into the queue. Nonetheless, in the time that we had collected our bags, signed for our Sixt car and were heading out into the "glamour" of the carpark, he was still at least 45 minutes from the head of the queue.

This was on a weekday, so I cannot imagine what Saturdays must be like.

Such a cr*p way to start a holiday.
Old 24-07-2016, 14:23

There must be a reason why Goldcar have such long queues, and the other car rentals have no queues,(could it be the price) I use Goldcar rentals each time I go to Mallorca, i take out the super relax cover through Goldcar no deposit to pay with this insurance. Sign the paper work, collect my keys the car is located in a parking bay get in the car and drive away( no need to check the car as I have there insurance, when I return I park the car in the return bay drop the keys in the key box located next to the parking bays and that is that,
Yes there can be long queues, but if you pay I think 20 euro there is a fast track,
I think a lot of the problems are not Goldcars fault, DONT USE A COMPARASON SITE, go direct to the Goldcar site, If you use a comparison site you are tricked into using a nother company's insurance, then when you go to collect your car then the problems start, you have not taken Goldcars insurance, so dose your insurance really cover every thing? also you now have to pay a deposit because if you damage the car you have to sort out the claim to get your deposit back.
This is only my opinion but Goldcar works for me every thing is covered and as the queue proves they normally are better on price,
Barrie
Old 24-07-2016, 16:01

I flew back to the UK on Saturday afternoon and, as a result of the discussion on here, I checked out the Goldcar desk. Although I was not on the baggage collection side I could see that it was very busy.
Old 25-07-2016, 14:03

Agree with pineman on this, been using Goldcar for many years and only issue I had was a long wait surprisingly in January one year. Yes they queues can be enormous but the 20 Euros for priority is worth the value IMHO. Never had a poor car from them and now they have the loyalty scheme a,single booking can result in rewards such as free extra driver or free priority booking. Also I usually have the fuel return email confirmation before landing back home after returning the car. Car hire is a minefield of options and prices but goldcar seem to have one if the more honest approaches and if you do read the same print I.e. super relax cover then I beleive they are still very competitive.
Manda
pine.man likes this.
Old 25-07-2016, 19:56

I used Goldcar last summer. They were heavy on the insurance selling, to a point it was aggressive. The car had more damages on it than was stated so I videoed the car as soon as picked it up (following advice from here). We arrived late so no one on the desk to sign it off there and then. When i returned the car they were having none of the damage being there prior to pick up until I showed them the video. They then relented. It was a horrible experience and my last two visits since I have used Record.
I can only speak from my experience and I would never use them again. I remember using this forum last year as I was worrying so much about what they would charge me for the damage. It's not worth that hassle for their shoddy experience in my opinion!
Tommo likes this.
Old 29-07-2016, 12:42

Guess Goldcar being viewing social sites with interest. Just booked car for 10 days at the end if September. I think pretty good price at €280 for 10 days, full insurance cover and additional driver. Interesting part is that you pick the keys up from an automated kiosk in the car park sand not the desk in arrivals. Going yo be interesting how long that queue will be but they claim less than 5 minutes if you have completed all the details on the booking form or used with them before. Price included full fuel so I'll let everyone know how I get on with thus new process!!
Manda