Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-06-2016, 14:54

Default Transunion shuttle from the airport

I'm looking for a different company to use instead of Hoppa. I'm travelling with my daughter in a couple of weeks. A private taxi is too expensive just for the 2 of us. Last year we used Hoppa successfully but I see that it has had some very bad reports lately.

I've looked at Jumbo Transfers which is only £31 return for the two of us (not each!). I'm thinking this sounds too good to be true.

So I've checked out Transunion which comes out at 59Euros for the two of us which is about the figure I expected.

Has anyone used these companies successfully?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 27-06-2016, 21:29

We used Transuinon last week, no problems in fact if anything I think we held the coach up by 10 mins due to the other half going walk abouts!!! I booked it through go compare £60 for 5 adults so can't complain at that price 😊
Golfaholics likes this.
Old 28-06-2016, 08:55

Also try Shuttle Direct, I know several people who have used it recently with no problems and very cheap!
El Gordo likes this.
Old 28-06-2016, 12:54

Thank you very much for your replies. I've booked Transunion
Old 28-06-2016, 13:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah70 View Post
Thank you very much for your replies. I've booked Transunion
I wonder if you could let us all know how you get on with the transfers?
We have used hoppa in the past and up until last year were reasonably happy with their service.
Old 28-06-2016, 22:47

We used to use Resort Hoppa but this year used Transunion. The trip was excellent and took 45 minutes as we booked the speedy service for around fifty quid. Would definately use them again providing they pick us up on Thursday morning.
Tommo likes this.
Old 12-07-2016, 17:49

Default Transunion

We are in PP now. When we arrived at the airport the Hoppa desk looked chaotic. We went along to Transunion (having booked on line) and were shown immediately to a minibus. We were taken straight to the side door of our hotel with no stops on the way (even though I hadn't paid a premium for speedy shuttle). Excellent. I was checking in far quicker than ever before. 60 minutes from landing we were handed our room key!
Highly recommend!
LK1960, Lorenzo and Tommo like this.
Old 12-07-2016, 19:30

Question

I'm sitting here at home undecided for 2 of us - should we book Shuttle Direct £30.50, Jumbo Transfers £32.95, or Holiday Taxis £ 3.14 (Incl. 25% Disc.). All use shuttle coaches.

Any recommendations, good or bad, welcome.

Thanks.
Tommo likes this.
Old 19-07-2016, 09:58

Also interested for updates on TransUnion.

I cancelled our Hoppa shuttles for August last week and have booked direct with TransUnion. This incurred a £10 cancellation fee from Hoppa (rip-off) and 59E for the 2 of us return to Pollenca.

In the good old Hoppa days, I'd occasionally get sent to the TransUnion desk when Urbis didn't have a bus ready to depart rather than having to wait for hours and found their service excellent and there always seems to be a TransUnion bus going around the port (or past the webcam).
Having personally gone through hassle with Palma Coaches 4 times this year already and seeing how friends and family have been treated to long waits, ridiculous collection times and unappreciated tours of Alcudia and Muro so I'm hoping that my decision to change and take a (small) financial hit is proven correct.
Lorenzo, Tommo and Bekki like this.
Old 19-07-2016, 13:12

I cancelled my Hoppa also but never received a refund despite contacting them on several occasions. Disappointed and just have to move on as they don't reply to emails.
Old 19-07-2016, 22:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekki View Post
I cancelled my Hoppa also but never received a refund despite contacting them on several occasions. Disappointed and just have to move on as they don't reply to emails.
Maybe try a bit of 'public shaming' by posting on their Facebook page. I was annoyed to see them advertising their 'wonderful service' on Facebook so wrote a brief post about being extremely disappointed with their service in Mallorca (having had lots of difficulties in April and May this year with shared shuttle transfers) A Hoppa agent asked me to send the details again, by private message on Facebook .
The agent wrote back, again by private message, and apologised and refunded me for the booking. Result!
We would not entertain using their services again.
Nick and Bekki like this.
Old 15-08-2016, 19:10
Banned

Does anyone know how you can, or if you can, book with Transunion just from the airport to PP without having to do a return?
Cheers.
Old 15-08-2016, 21:04

Hi Nick,

We often book Transunion one way via Holiday Taxis, whether to PP or from PP.
Old 16-08-2016, 09:36
Banned

Thanks Sal.
Does anyone know if Shuttle Direct have their own buses or use someone else and how easy are they to find in the airport?
Cheers.
Old 16-08-2016, 12:42

Smile

Definitely dropping Hoppa. Now just to choose between Transunion and Shuttle Direct for our transfers next month. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Tommo.