Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-06-2016, 10:12

Following on from my earlier report on 'Hoppa' when I told of my grand-daughters experience on arriving at Palma around 12.30am and no coach appearing after waiting over an hour and having to share a taxi with others who were also waiting for 'Hoppa'.

Return flight was at 10.15am and coach picked them up at 4.45am! with the now usual trip all round Alcudia and C'an Picafort. How long is this firm going to get away with this appalling service? They'll be lucky to still be in business next year.
Sponsored Links
Old 28-06-2016, 11:19

Arrived Sunday night on a Jet2 holiday. Transport was via Transunion - prompt departure first drop off Duva. Of course don't know whether it was just doing pp or going on to Alcudia etc.
However, smooth transfer within a reasonable time frame . Jet2 passengers only so whether directly booked customers would get the same service.......

Must say apart from an odd one or two, all the coaches in the coach park were Transunion - no sign of Palma Coaches loggoed coaches.
Old 21-07-2016, 10:35

Decision taken: Resort Hoppa cancelled, hopefully with a refund, less 25%.

Now to book a taxi for 6 of us direct to our apartment, and Transunion for our return transport.
cumberland8 and Bekki like this.
Old 29-07-2016, 13:53

Default Resort Hoppa - efficient cancellation refunds

Resort Hoppa have just emailed to advise my refund has been credited back to my Paypal account.

Very efficient of them - only took seven days - was expecting a couple of months delay.

Perhaps we shouldn't always, after a bad experience, expect the worst of companies in any future dealings
Old 01-08-2016, 18:13

I can definitely recommend Transunion
Enjay likes this.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH133 View Post
I can definitely recommend Transunion
Nice to hear. Can you give some more info as I'm going with Tansunion next week, the primary reason being I don't want collected 5 hours before my return flight, how early (based on your experience) was your collection before flight?
Old 02-08-2016, 12:05

our pick up was approx 4 hours before flight departure
once was in a coach and the most recent was in a minibus - with only 4 people including us 2 in it.
we got picked up by the roundabout near the Eolo so we could have a last minute Valls ice cream!
we were the last pickup and therefore got to the airport about 3 hours before departure.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:58

Hello.
I had the misfortune to use Resort Hoppa last month. Appalling is all I can say. Nearly three hour wait at Palma then A tour of the Island. Picked my wife up a week later as I could not subject her to that kind of service. We returned three weeks later by Taxi. It was worth losing the Hoppa booking. The Company , despite many e/mails did not seem that concerned and offered us 20$ discount next time - whoopee - you can get that anywhere. Never again - a shame because they used to be good until Palma Coaches came along !!!
Old 10-08-2016, 13:49

Smile Resort Hoppa Service

Just noticed this thread was in use again so thought I might report our bookings.

Used them last year in September. The journey to PP wasn't too bad, although the arrangements for finding their desk at Palma Airport left a bit to be desired. Sat on bus for around 40 minutes before leaving for late evening tour of Alcudia, and then on to PP.

The return flight was in mid afternoon from Palma, so bus duly arrived at approximately 6.30 a.m. to pick us up - not very clever. The only good thing was that the driver was both polite and helpful. So, having read all the dread and doom on the forum this year we have switched to Shuttle Direct for this years flights on Saturday (yes I will be inflicting myself on PP very soon!!), who generally seem to get a good review - only time will tell. Anyway. Hoppa's loss, as we are a party of 8 persons. Will report back in due course

Hope to see some of you.
Tommo likes this.
Old 10-08-2016, 14:43

Hi.
Forgot to say earlier that they wanted to pick us up on the return five hours twenty minutes before our flight - hence the Taxi !!
Old 11-08-2016, 10:21

I also forgot, to ask for directions to the Viajes Urbis desk at Palma Airport,to use Shuttle Direct. Can anybody please supply me with directions?

Thanls
Tommo likes this.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:23

They are based near Pillar 3 - the cafe end
Old 11-08-2016, 11:52

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangoman View Post
Just noticed this thread was in use again so thought I might report our bookings.

Used them last year in September. The journey to PP wasn't too bad, although the arrangements for finding their desk at Palma Airport left a bit to be desired. Sat on bus for around 40 minutes before leaving for late evening tour of Alcudia, and then on to PP.

The return flight was in mid afternoon from Palma, so bus duly arrived at approximately 6.30 a.m. to pick us up - not very clever. The only good thing was that the driver was both polite and helpful. So, having read all the dread and doom on the forum this year we have switched to Shuttle Direct for this years flights on Saturday (yes I will be inflicting myself on PP very soon!!), who generally seem to get a good review - only time will tell. Anyway. Hoppa's loss, as we are a party of 8 persons. Will report back in due course

Hope to see some of you.
Please let us know how you get on as we have yet to book our transfers for 21st September.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:55

we use shuttlespaintransfers who rebook with transunion and have no complaints
the last pickup was 4 hours 20 minutes before the flight which was a tad early though
Old 11-08-2016, 12:20

Smile

Thanks MPH133. We normally just "pass through" Palma Airport, and never stop for coffee, or anything like that. So, which end is Pillar 3 (the cafe end) at when you come through after collecting luggage -left or right?

I don't have perfect mobility, and don't want to walk up and down the airport, hence the question. Thanks.