Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-05-2016, 22:00

Default Bus Station - permanent location?

Hi!
This is my first posting on the forum - so be gentle with me if I get it wrong.

My wife and I having been viewing apartments in the town centre and one has really piqued our interest - located in Carrer Roger de Flor near the church. I know that the bus station at the marina has been relocated here but according to the agent this is a temporary measure. It will revert to its original location once all the roadworks have been completed. However, local gossip suggests that this is a permanent move.

Does anyone have any 'inside' knowledge on this bus station?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 24-05-2016, 07:31

@Luckjon
Welcome to the forum
Looking forward to your posts.

You'll be interested in today's article in the MDB which suggests that the bus stop in is current location is indeed temporary -

Puerto Pollensa residents finding bus noise and fumes intolerable » Balearics » News » Majorca Daily Bulletin
Old 24-05-2016, 11:59

Thank you Mike for such a swift reply - the article in MDB is very useful.
mike_dublin likes this.
Old 24-05-2016, 12:27

We stay in that area and are a bit worried as we are due out in a few weeks. I can see the noise and fumes can be a problem as mentioned in the MDB article but also worry about the criminal element we keep hearing about who hang around at bus stops and wonder if they have made their way up here yet? I worry that they may "graduate" from picking pockets to hanging around apartments, both residential and holiday, hoping for some easy pickings as it can be fairly quiet here.
Old 24-05-2016, 12:53
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangofan View Post
We stay in that area and are a bit worried as we are due out in a few weeks. I can see the noise and fumes can be a problem as mentioned in the MDB article but also worry about the criminal element we keep hearing about who hang around at bus stops and wonder if they have made their way up here yet? I worry that they may "graduate" from picking pockets to hanging around apartments, both residential and holiday, hoping for some easy pickings as it can be fairly quiet here.
See this thread Tangofan :- http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...-security.html
tangofan likes this.
Old 24-05-2016, 14:30

Can anyone advise how often the buses come to the pollensa park hotel please as I hear there's a new stop outside? We have booked to stay there and am concerned about the noise of the buses. Plus also how early they arrive there each morning?! Thanks
El Gordo likes this.
Old 24-05-2016, 14:49
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherberts View Post
Can anyone advise how often the buses come to the pollensa park hotel please as I hear there's a new stop outside? We have booked to stay there and am concerned about the noise of the buses. Plus also how early they arrive there each morning?! Thanks
The stops are listed here :- TIB - Route 340: Port de Pollença - Palma - CTM

Last edited by Sparky; 24-05-2016 at 16:08.
Old 24-05-2016, 15:19

Don't all the buses coming in from Alcudia now go past the Pollensa Park hotel?

The route 340 & 345 maps show the bus (towards Palma or Pollensa respectively) going up along Carrer Bot.
Is that right?

The route 352 map only shows the bus stop 'Pollensa Park' but not the intended route.
Old 24-05-2016, 15:40
Super Moderator

All routes and timetables can be viewed here :- Transport in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca - taxis, bus, trains, airport transfers
Old 24-05-2016, 15:41

Quote:
From my observation, the busses do go to the hotel from the bypass and then back to the bypass so only pass the back of the hotel, ie they do not use Calle Bot at all so should not cause undue noise to bedrooms.
favie and mike_dublin like this.

My FlickR Photos
Old 24-05-2016, 15:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
From my observation, the busses do go to the hotel from the bypass and then back to the bypass so only pass the back of the hotel, ie they do not use Calle Bot at all so should not cause undue noise to bedrooms.
Thanks

Makes much more sense. Couldn't see the big Palma buses heading down Calle Bot ...
Old 24-05-2016, 16:13

Phew....that's good to know as we are in an apartment on the corner of the seafront and Calle Bot....was hoping with the semi-pedestrianisation it would be a little quieter, traffic wise. Like Mike, I thought the buses were coming up/down Calle Bot....thanks El Gordo, that's what I was hoping.

Last edited by favie; 24-05-2016 at 16:15.
Old 24-05-2016, 19:56

I'm all confused now (doesn't take much!) I saw someone had written on Facebook about the buses and apparently the bus stops right outside the hotel, opposite some cycle hire place? So would they go up Calle bot and onto that road Corb Marie??
Old 25-05-2016, 10:01

Quote:
There are 2 new stops near to the Pollensa Park Hotel, used by the Alcudia bus ( every 15 mins) & the PP to Palma/Pollenca (see timetable). These are interim stops so buses will only be stopping to pick up and drop off, so they should not cause any problems. Very handy may I say for people staying at the hotel.
Sherberts likes this.
Old 25-05-2016, 10:39

Quote:
I'm all confused now (doesn't take much!) I saw someone had written on Facebook about the buses and apparently the bus stops right outside the hotel, opposite some cycle hire place? So would they go up Calle bot and onto that road Corb Marie??
I thought the busses came and went from the bypass via Corb Marie and Cadernera, passing Ikebana? So only stops at the Hotel entrance opposite Don Miquel Panorama.

My FlickR Photos