Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/)
-   -   Airport petrol station (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/12736-airport-petrol-station.html)

JohnE 09-04-2016 12:12

Airport petrol station

We are hiring a car at Palma Airport, intending to return the fuel tank full. Can anyone give me directions to the petrol station within the airport, please? We used it some years ago, and can't remember the best route to it.
Many thanks
JohnE

Molt de Renou 09-04-2016 12:46

Drive all the way past DEPARTURES (upper level) and then take the first exit to your right just after the large corner and follow the road along.

You can also drive past ARRIVALS and get there as well.

It´s about 300 metres from there.

39.546141 2.723144

Harters 09-04-2016 13:46

FWIW, I always fill up at the station on the "old road" next to the MA13 at the Pollensa end. I've never had a query from car hire companies that it wasnt actually full when I returned it (the petrol gauge still reads "full" of course, as you've ahrdly done any miles)

Tiggy 09-04-2016 18:48

Record Go s T and C state ......

In case clients decide to return the vehicle full of fuel, as a requisite we will need that they provide us with the receipt of the airport's gas station (if you do not bring the receipt, our automated measuring system will check the unused amount of fuel left in the vehicle).

Harters 09-04-2016 19:01

I assume their "automatic measuring system" is a can of petrol.

Nick 09-04-2016 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiggy (Post 110236)
Record Go s T and C state ......

In case clients decide to return the vehicle full of fuel, as a requisite we will need that they provide us with the receipt of the airport's gas station (if you do not bring the receipt, our automated measuring system will check the unused amount of fuel left in the vehicle).

And the amount of times I've had a hire car, with this company and others, and had the full to empty policy but taken it back with at least half a tank.
Cheeky sods.....

Gommar Goffer 10-04-2016 11:26

As you come into the airport on the flyover bit there is a roundabound underneath it. Come off here and go left around the roundabout (I think it will be the 3rd exit) and then turn right and the petrol station is there on the right.
Google maps - https://goo.gl/maps/ZMEEuoXpK9w

supamac 10-04-2016 14:53

I filled up once at Pollensa end and because the needle was a 'gnat's' off the mark, the cheeky madam declared it was at 90% and charged me!

JohnE 19-04-2016 14:31

Thanks

Many thanks for your answers.
JohnE

Claireandian105a 29-05-2016 13:27

Just as a quick note to this........

You buy the fuel at pick up, which includes the fuel and a surcharge for filling it up.

You return it full with receipt from airport garage.

Why do we pay the surcharge?

I don't get that back!!!!!!!!! Just another charge from the hire companies.

Gommar Goffer 29-05-2016 17:14

When you pick the car up it has a full tank. when you return it full you get a full refund (the exchange rate fluctuations may mean you end up paying a little e.g. £1). I think the surcharge refers to the fact that the tank full is more expensive than the pump price as they have to go and fill it up if it is not returned full.

Hope this makes sense

lovemallorca 29-05-2016 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claireandian105a (Post 112009)
Just as a quick note to this........

You buy the fuel at pick up, which includes the fuel and a surcharge for filling it up.

You return it full with receipt from airport garage.

Why do we pay the surcharge?

I don't get that back!!!!!!!!! Just another charge from the hire companies.

Perhaps try booking with another company? I always fill up in PP and have never once been questioned at PMI as the gauge is always still showing full.

If the rates look cheap, they are usually being supported by expensive CDW and fuel costs. Generally works out better to pay more for your daily charge upfront, and not have the bad feelings over fuel and insurance costs.

I would always recommend Avis and Sixt (if you can book early) and Vanrell locally.

Claireandian105a 29-05-2016 18:16

I am not bothered about the cost, what's €25.00. It's the principle that gets me. If I return full with proof, then I should in theory get my filling surcharge back. I never do, it's just something I've noticed that's all.

Gommar Goffer 29-05-2016 18:47

Try another company. I normally use Hertz or Centauro booked through Economy car hire - never had a petrol filling surcharge.

KWUK2 29-05-2016 21:48

Post #13 - you've chosen a poor / devious company.

It's a 'hidden' extra cost that enables them to advertise 'cheap' prices (and get listed high up on Google and comparison websites) when they are more expensive than they first seem. Use Sixt, Vanrell, Terrys or Hiper (latter are just off-site).

If your chosen company is Goldcar, be prepared to queue for nearly as long as your flight to Mallorca.