Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-03-2016, 21:15

Default Conde Transfers / Taxis – what’s changed and why ?

Conde Transfers advertise in this pp.com website and have grown their business in recent years. Jose Conde is proud of this and seems to have focused on Puerto Pollensa + nearby areas. All good news of this local family company.

But now - using the link to their booking website, things have recently (and markedly) changed. Whilst a different website format is of no real concern, it now allows booking from the airport to “anywhere on the island”.

Conde and their address appears in the webtext but booking conditions now refer (I quote) to “Autocares Devesa S.L. also operates as Taxis Conde and Conde Transfers, of which it has sole ownership.” The booking contract now appears to be with Autocares Devesa.

A link to a newsletter ends up with a registration to a company called Nordvillas, not Conde as was expected.

Has anyone booked with Conde recently; or can anyone who has used them recently give feedback on how it went ?

Can anyone give info on what’s happening with what seems to be a new business arrangement ?

I will soon be making a booking; was planning to use Conde as I’ve used them successfully numerous times before, but feel less certain about it
Sponsored Links
Old 30-03-2016, 09:33

I shall be interested in the replies also as was going to book shortly for our June visit

We used them last June and werent very happy with the minbuses particuarly the old one and saw complaints last summer For September we asked for and got Taxis from them I struggle with the high steps on some of the minibuses
After being happy in September we would have booked for June but will await comments

Taxis are expensive but worth it after spending hours awaiting stragglers at Palma airport ! It costs us more for taxi transfers there than for 10 days car hire in Lanzarote !
Old 30-03-2016, 10:12
Banned

We came out with Conde taxis last Friday. It was actually Jose the boss who collected us. We were in their old, but very comfy, white Mercedes estate car. It is often a minibus though.

I've no idea about the website as I just send him an email with the necessary flight details.

Hope that helps.
Old 30-03-2016, 11:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
We came out with Conde taxis last Friday. It was actually Jose the boss who collected us. We were in their old, but very comfy, white Mercedes estate car. It is often a minibus though.

I've no idea about the website as I just send him an email with the necessary flight details.

Hope that helps.
We do exactly the same and have not had a problem for the last twenty years.
Old 30-03-2016, 14:03

We used them last July. Despite 2 emails confirming someone would be there to collect us, there was no one waiting for us. When I located someone who worked for them, he didn't even have our details on his list. So we had to wait over an hour for someone from pp to come and collect us. This was fun with a tired and hungry 1 and 6 year old!
Old 30-03-2016, 14:17

For the past 3 years, we've had very good service from Zarza Taxis, run by the people who own the Los Zarzales restaurant in PP.
its cd, debz1 and Catwoman like this.
Old 30-03-2016, 17:32

A friend of mine who knows Jose the owner of Conde told him about this thread.

Apparently Conde Transfer is the commercial name and Autocares Devesa S.L. is the fiscal (tax) name used for invoices etc etc.

Nothing has changed since they started years ago, so you can continue booking with confidence.

Contact number is (0034) 619 737 550 and e-mail is condejtaxi@hotmail.com

Hope this helps.

Molt
joey36, Sparky and KWUK2 like this.
Old 30-03-2016, 17:45

Thank you for that

He has always been very nice and his son who drove us a few times also I will ask for Taxis not minibuses again
Old 30-03-2016, 17:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherberts View Post
We used them last July. Despite 2 emails confirming someone would be there to collect us, there was no one waiting for us. When I located someone who worked for them, he didn't even have our details on his list. So we had to wait over an hour for someone from pp to come and collect us. This was fun with a tired and hungry 1 and 6 year old!
If you are going to use a taxi for your transfer and have not paid a deposit (which we have never done with Conde) just jump into a taxi at the airport.It should still cost the same.
Sherberts likes this.
Old 30-03-2016, 20:55

Thanks Molt d R; so it's just a change of website booking engine. I will again book with them as normal. It's good that with Conde there's no deposit up front; in the unlikely event of a no-show I would almost immediately take a taxi instead.
Old 31-03-2016, 21:56

Beancounter - can you let us know how much Zarza charged you please? Also are Conde still charging 73 euros?

Regarding getting a taxi from the airport rank, I had an idea they charged in the region of 90 euros, and being a taxi with a meter this cost could rise if there were traffic delays whereas the prebooked companies is a flat rate whatever the time it takes. Does anyone have any more information about this?
Old 01-04-2016, 00:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangofan View Post
Beancounter - can you let us know how much Zarza charged you please? Also are Conde still charging 73 euros?

Regarding getting a taxi from the airport rank, I had an idea they charged in the region of 90 euros, and being a taxi with a meter this cost could rise if there were traffic delays whereas the prebooked companies is a flat rate whatever the time it takes. Does anyone have any more information about this?

Tangoman have recently booked Zarza taxis for some friends going out in April and can confirm the charge is 73€ each way
Old 01-04-2016, 15:13

Default Zarza Taxis

Tangofan, there were six of us (with luggage) and so we needed the people carrier, which cost 93 euros each way.
Old 18-07-2016, 12:54

Have been a supporter of Conde Taxis for several years now and supported them against complaints on here and Trip Adviser am now a bit disappointed at their service

Couldnt manage to get the booking form to go through so emailed the address on website Rejected then emailed the one we had a response from in June no reply then emailed CondeJ Taxis one nothing again

Dont want to do a phone booking so should we give up and try Zarfa ??

Always like to use local companies if we can but want a Taxi not a minibus so do Zarfa use both ??
Old 18-07-2016, 13:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper View Post
Have been a supporter of Conde Taxis for several years now and supported them against complaints on here and Trip Adviser am now a bit disappointed at their service

Couldnt manage to get the booking form to go through so emailed the address on website Rejected then emailed the one we had a response from in June no reply then emailed CondeJ Taxis one nothing again

Dont want to do a phone booking so should we give up and try Zarfa ??

Always like to use local companies if we can but want a Taxi not a minibus so do Zarfa use both ??
There has recently been a change of ownership, one partner leaving and two new ones joining. The "bedding in" may be taking longer than expected.