Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/)
-   -   Conde Transfers / Taxis – what’s changed and why ? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/12720-conde-transfers-taxis-what-s-changed-why.html)

KWUK2 29-03-2016 21:15

Conde Transfers / Taxis – what’s changed and why ?

Conde Transfers advertise in this pp.com website and have grown their business in recent years. Jose Conde is proud of this and seems to have focused on Puerto Pollensa + nearby areas. All good news of this local family company.

But now - using the link to their booking website, things have recently (and markedly) changed. Whilst a different website format is of no real concern, it now allows booking from the airport to “anywhere on the island”.

Conde and their address appears in the webtext but booking conditions now refer (I quote) to “Autocares Devesa S.L. also operates as Taxis Conde and Conde Transfers, of which it has sole ownership.” The booking contract now appears to be with Autocares Devesa.

A link to a newsletter ends up with a registration to a company called Nordvillas, not Conde as was expected.

Has anyone booked with Conde recently; or can anyone who has used them recently give feedback on how it went ?

Can anyone give info on what’s happening with what seems to be a new business arrangement ?

I will soon be making a booking; was planning to use Conde as I’ve used them successfully numerous times before, but feel less certain about it

copper 30-03-2016 09:33

I shall be interested in the replies also as was going to book shortly for our June visit

We used them last June and werent very happy with the minbuses particuarly the old one and saw complaints last summer For September we asked for and got Taxis from them I struggle with the high steps on some of the minibuses
After being happy in September we would have booked for June but will await comments

Taxis are expensive but worth it after spending hours awaiting stragglers at Palma airport ! It costs us more for taxi transfers there than for 10 days car hire in Lanzarote !

Nick 30-03-2016 10:12

We came out with Conde taxis last Friday. It was actually Jose the boss who collected us. We were in their old, but very comfy, white Mercedes estate car. It is often a minibus though.

I've no idea about the website as I just send him an email with the necessary flight details.

Hope that helps.

joey36 30-03-2016 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 109967)
We came out with Conde taxis last Friday. It was actually Jose the boss who collected us. We were in their old, but very comfy, white Mercedes estate car. It is often a minibus though.

I've no idea about the website as I just send him an email with the necessary flight details.

Hope that helps.

We do exactly the same and have not had a problem for the last twenty years.

Sherberts 30-03-2016 14:03

We used them last July. Despite 2 emails confirming someone would be there to collect us, there was no one waiting for us. When I located someone who worked for them, he didn't even have our details on his list. So we had to wait over an hour for someone from pp to come and collect us. This was fun with a tired and hungry 1 and 6 year old!

Bean Counter 30-03-2016 14:17

For the past 3 years, we've had very good service from Zarza Taxis, run by the people who own the Los Zarzales restaurant in PP.

Molt de Renou 30-03-2016 17:32

A friend of mine who knows Jose the owner of Conde told him about this thread.

Apparently Conde Transfer is the commercial name and Autocares Devesa S.L. is the fiscal (tax) name used for invoices etc etc.

Nothing has changed since they started years ago, so you can continue booking with confidence.

Contact number is (0034) 619 737 550 and e-mail is condejtaxi@hotmail.com

Hope this helps.

Molt

copper 30-03-2016 17:45

Thank you for that

He has always been very nice and his son who drove us a few times also I will ask for Taxis not minibuses again

joey36 30-03-2016 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherberts (Post 109982)
We used them last July. Despite 2 emails confirming someone would be there to collect us, there was no one waiting for us. When I located someone who worked for them, he didn't even have our details on his list. So we had to wait over an hour for someone from pp to come and collect us. This was fun with a tired and hungry 1 and 6 year old!

If you are going to use a taxi for your transfer and have not paid a deposit (which we have never done with Conde) just jump into a taxi at the airport.It should still cost the same.

KWUK2 30-03-2016 20:55

Thanks Molt d R; so it's just a change of website booking engine. I will again book with them as normal. It's good that with Conde there's no deposit up front; in the unlikely event of a no-show I would almost immediately take a taxi instead.

tangofan 31-03-2016 21:56

Beancounter - can you let us know how much Zarza charged you please? Also are Conde still charging 73 euros?

Regarding getting a taxi from the airport rank, I had an idea they charged in the region of 90 euros, and being a taxi with a meter this cost could rise if there were traffic delays whereas the prebooked companies is a flat rate whatever the time it takes. Does anyone have any more information about this?

debz1 01-04-2016 00:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by tangofan (Post 110026)
Beancounter - can you let us know how much Zarza charged you please? Also are Conde still charging 73 euros?

Regarding getting a taxi from the airport rank, I had an idea they charged in the region of 90 euros, and being a taxi with a meter this cost could rise if there were traffic delays whereas the prebooked companies is a flat rate whatever the time it takes. Does anyone have any more information about this?

Tangoman have recently booked Zarza taxis for some friends going out in April and can confirm the charge is 73€ each way

Bean Counter 01-04-2016 15:13

Zarza Taxis

Tangofan, there were six of us (with luggage) and so we needed the people carrier, which cost 93 euros each way.

copper 18-07-2016 12:54

Have been a supporter of Conde Taxis for several years now and supported them against complaints on here and Trip Adviser am now a bit disappointed at their service

Couldnt manage to get the booking form to go through so emailed the address on website Rejected then emailed the one we had a response from in June no reply then emailed CondeJ Taxis one nothing again

Dont want to do a phone booking so should we give up and try Zarfa ??

Always like to use local companies if we can but want a Taxi not a minibus so do Zarfa use both ??

Molt de Renou 18-07-2016 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by copper (Post 113423)
Have been a supporter of Conde Taxis for several years now and supported them against complaints on here and Trip Adviser am now a bit disappointed at their service

Couldnt manage to get the booking form to go through so emailed the address on website Rejected then emailed the one we had a response from in June no reply then emailed CondeJ Taxis one nothing again

Dont want to do a phone booking so should we give up and try Zarfa ??

Always like to use local companies if we can but want a Taxi not a minibus so do Zarfa use both ??

There has recently been a change of ownership, one partner leaving and two new ones joining. The "bedding in" may be taking longer than expected.