Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-03-2016, 19:30

Default Palma Coaches Welcome Desk

I booked an airport transfer to PP via Resort Hoppa and received an email to say that I will need to go to the Palma Coaches Welcome Desk in Arrivals. Does anyone know where in Arrivals this might be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 27-03-2016, 23:23

Hi Bekki. We've also just booked a transfer (via Travel Republic) and been told to go to the Palma Coaches Welcome desk on arrival so I was hoping someone might have a precise answer to your question. However, from past experience I would imagine that after collecting your luggage, just leave the arrivals hall through doors B or C , turn left and you should find it in amongst all the car hire desks, probably on the right side. I'll be looking for it on 29th May, so if I find it first, I'll let you know.
Bekki likes this.
Old 01-04-2016, 15:16

Default Palma Coach Airport Transfers

I booked the transfer via resort hoppa website a few weeks ago and got an email to say the transfer would be via Palma Coach Company which is now their chosen company for this year. We found the welcome desk very easily at the airport when we came out of departures. The hoppa has always been a great service in the past but we waited on the bus for 1 hour 15 mins before it departed. Eventually we were off and unlike previous journeys went via Alcudia and must of stopped at 10 different hotels and then onto PP. Most people were going to PP so it was quite frustrating and the journey took over 2 hours. All in all from getting off the plane to arriving at our apartment it took an age! I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this at all but hope it's just a one off. Would be interested to learn of any recent experiences. Fingers crossed our journey back on Tuesday morning will be ok

Last edited by Bekki; 01-04-2016 at 15:17. Reason: Resort Hoppa misspelling.
Old 01-04-2016, 15:36

I have just checked our booking, which was updated earlier in March to show transport would now be provided by Palma Coach.

Further down the message - in,almost, the small print - was this nugget of information.

"Your shuttle will depart the airport no more than 45 minutes after meeting your transfer representative."

Mi'Lud. A breach of contract for Bekki and others affected, perhaps?

Have we a contract lawyer on the forum?
Old 01-04-2016, 17:40

Our last experience with resort hoppa was horrendous..not changed much then 😱

Eating Out
Old 02-04-2016, 10:26

There are alternatives to RH, do a search online for 'transfers Palma Mallorca to Puerto Pollensa'. I found a couple cheaper too.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekki View Post
I booked the transfer via resort hoppa website a few weeks ago and got an email to say the transfer would be via Palma Coach Company which is now their chosen company for this year. We found the welcome desk very easily at the airport when we came out of departures. The hoppa has always been a great service in the past but we waited on the bus for 1 hour 15 mins before it departed. Eventually we were off and unlike previous journeys went via Alcudia and must of stopped at 10 different hotels and then onto PP. Most people were going to PP so it was quite frustrating and the journey took over 2 hours. All in all from getting off the plane to arriving at our apartment it took an age! I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this at all but hope it's just a one off. Would be interested to learn of any recent experiences. Fingers crossed our journey back on Tuesday morning will be ok
So annoying isn't sitting on a stationary coach all that time. When we had the same experience with RH, my daughter complained and we got a full refund for that leg of our journey. Doesn't get you the wasted time back, but can get a few free drinks!
Nick likes this.
Old 02-04-2016, 17:29

My husband and I arrived on 29th and went to The usual desk at area 6 in Arrivals Hall, only to be redirected to Area 3. Once there we were acknowledged by the girls on the desk and asked to wait with other RH travellers till everyone on the roster had gathered. Then we were led to and boarded the bus. Like others we were routed to various stops around Alcudia before travelling on to Puerto Pollensa. Nevertheless it was an interesting journey with a grandstand elevated view while travelling.
LK1960 likes this.
Old 13-04-2016, 20:55

I posted earlier this month about our experiences over the Easter holidays with the new Palma Coaches transfer. I thought I would mention the return experience too. We were due on a 10:30am flight and the pick up time we were given for 5th April was 05:20. This was a really early pick up time and I was surprised as this has never been this case before. I called them but there was nothing they could do they said about this. We instead forgoed the bus and took a taxi at our own expense. I don't if anyone else has this problem recently. The Resorthoppa website where you book the transfers sent me a standard Welcome Back email and I replied using their customer feedback form to let them know about our recent experiences. Sadly as yet I have head nothing.
Golfaholics likes this.
Old 14-04-2016, 08:14

We used the new 'Hoppa' service yesterday. After 45 minutes we enquired about the wait, but were told there were 'missing persons'. After a while, with several other unhappy travellers we asked again. This time apparently the driver was late & a phone call would be made to them. The receptionist probably could benefit from a little extra training, as her attitude was not helpful.
Strangely, a lady who had been waiting with a clipboard the entire time we had been waiting turned out to be the driver! I'm not sure if the story about missing people was correct. We had two other travellers in the mini bus, one of whom was in a wheelchair & in her late 80's. They had been waiting even longer than us. All in all the transfer took 2hrs 15 mins. Luckily for us we are hiring a car next week & will be returning to Palma by road. As our flight departs at 7am (Ouch) Hoppa would probably have picked us up at about midnight!
Bearing in mind our flight only had 80 on board, if the service doesn't substantially improve by the summer, then there will be many unhappy bunnies at the Palma Coaches desk.
Old 14-04-2016, 09:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by animagic21 View Post
We used the new 'Hoppa' service yesterday. After 45 minutes we enquired about the wait, but were told there were 'missing persons'. After a while, with several other unhappy travellers we asked again. This time apparently the driver was late & a phone call would be made to them. The receptionist probably could benefit from a little extra training, as her attitude was not helpful.
Strangely, a lady who had been waiting with a clipboard the entire time we had been waiting turned out to be the driver! I'm not sure if the story about missing people was correct. We had two other travellers in the mini bus, one of whom was in a wheelchair & in her late 80's. They had been waiting even longer than us. All in all the transfer took 2hrs 15 mins. Luckily for us we are hiring a car next week & will be returning to Palma by road. As our flight departs at 7am (Ouch) Hoppa would probably have picked us up at about midnight!
Bearing in mind our flight only had 80 on board, if the service doesn't substantially improve by the summer, then there will be many unhappy bunnies at the Palma Coaches desk.
@animagic21
Had you booked the shared shuttle or the speedy shuttle?
Old 14-04-2016, 12:05

It was the shared shuttle. Hoppa have nearly doubled the price. We are hiring a car next week anyway so thought we would go for the cheaper option! May not bother in future unless on a short visit to PP.
Old 14-04-2016, 12:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by animagic21 View Post
It was the shared shuttle. Hoppa have nearly doubled the price. We are hiring a car next week anyway so thought we would go for the cheaper option! May not bother in future unless on a short visit to PP.

@animagic21
Thank you.

In laws out later this year using the speedy shuttle.

The Hoppa price increases will make the taxi transfers more attractive for future trips.
As do the reported travel delays.
Old 14-04-2016, 12:14

Theres always the bus, that doesn't take 2 hours or more!!
mike_dublin likes this.

On island time!!
Old 14-04-2016, 12:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
Theres always the bus, that doesn't take 2 hours or more!!
Via Palma and then changing to the PP bus?

Haven't actually travelled on it myself, but for the in laws or with a little one and to weeks worth of luggage in tow, the Hoppa was always a decent and reasonably priced service.
With the speedy shuttle being almost like a private taxi journey on occasion.

The recent price hikes and the seemingly deteriorating service make the Hoppa look less attractive.

Might be teething problems with the new local provider, but it's really not good enough.
animagic21 likes this.