Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-07-2015, 10:40

Thumbs up Taxis conde

I would like to take this opportunity to sing praises to this company. I pre booked it about 1 month before departure on 2 nd July at a cost of 146 Euro return.
our flight was delayed from Belfast by around 1 1/2 hours so I called them to advise of delay - no problem.We collected our bags ,by now it was nearly 1 am and the driver was waiting for us. We paid for our one way journey on arrival at the Pollensamar Apartments and you pay the return portion on the way home at Palma. The driver waited to make sure we gained entrance to our apartment as it was so late at night,. On the return driver was booked for 8 pm and he was there a few mins early.
Big thank you to Xisco and Miguel our drivers for a professional and prompt and friendly service.
We will definately be using them again next visit and would not hesitate to recommend them.
Regards Jat:
joey36, Sparky, Rosie34 and 6 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 13-07-2015, 16:22

I am glad to hear you had a good experience with Conde. We used them for the first time this year and were rather disappointed as we were transported in a minibus that had seen better days and took ages rather than a proper taxi. We emailed them as we weren't sure the driver had understood our pick up details (though by all accounts here the drivers all spoke English) and asked for a proper taxi for the return which we got. However we were very concerned that the driver was using his mobile phone - both texting and dialling, including on the motorway. I now know this is illegal in Spain and wished I had mentioned it - I got the impression that it was the owner who was driving us from the way he spoke but can't be sure. The drivers did not introduce themselves as they did with Jat. Perhaps we were just unlucky but after all the glowing reports here and elsewhere about Conde we were a bit disappointed - 146 euros is a lot to spend on something that is not entirely satisfactory. I don't think we will use them again.
Old 15-07-2015, 10:28

always have used this firm ,Jose is very helpful and all drivers are good.
charlotte, joey36, pips and 1 others like this.
Old 15-07-2015, 19:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo22 View Post
always have used this firm ,Jose is very helpful and all drivers are good.
Same here !!!
charlotte and arturo22 like this.
Old 16-07-2015, 21:44

Have used Jose for several years now. Had emailed this year as in previous years that i was bringing a bicycle with me. Upon arrival at the airport there was a normal taxi waiting to collect us which would not have enough room for our luggage plus the bicycle.
A replacement minibus was promptly brought in within 10 mins to take us to our apartments. Never had any issues with the service provided.
Old 23-07-2015, 08:12

Arrived on Saturday, had booked with conde back in May, so I sent an e-mail again the week before we arrived to double check all ok. Had an e-mail back reassuring it was. Arrived to find we weren't on their booking form.......with a tired toddler and 6 year old in tow.......waited around for what seemed like an eternity to then be given someone else's driver. Just hoping they turn up for our flight home.....
Old 24-07-2015, 07:20

They seem to be having problems this year, don't know what has happened, we never had any until May, don't know if they forgot about us but no one was waiting eventually we phoned and they said there was a problem with the car and would be there asap. Luckily our kids are grown up so we had a couple of drinks at the bar outside, so much for a late lunch on arrival in PP. Full apologies given on the driver arriving and no charge. Return journey went without a hitch. This time so far no probs but still have return to do.
Old 24-07-2015, 07:50

We were told in June by the driver that they have I think either 9 or 12? of the minibuses and only 1 Mercedes taxi which was broken down

Minibus from the Airport was old and rattley but the one that took us back was very smart Both on time I personally would just prefer Taxi as short and find the steps steep to get down but can understand the advantage for them with luggage etc

Will use them again in September and see what happens Shame if they have overstretched themselves as they had such a good reputation
Old 24-07-2015, 18:16

I was interested to read your report Copper as I have already reported on our poor experience with Conde as we too got the old minibus. Having read such glowing reports we decided to treat ourselves to a taxi this time and were very surprised to get this old minibus. It wasn't even white with their logo on as on their website. We emailed them to make sure they had our pickup time for the return as the driver did not appear to speak English though according to reports they usually all did and requested a proper taxi for the return. We did get this but for us the most worrying thing was that the driver (I think it may have been the owner) was using his phone for the whole journey, including along the motorway, that is dialling and texting. At the time I was unsure if it is was illegal so was reluctant to complain but now I know it is in Spain I really wish we had complained. This is so dangerous. To be fair there have been no other reports of Conde drivers doing this. We were very disappointed with Conde and are unlikely to use them again.
Old 24-07-2015, 18:23

We are going to use them again in September but we will see what the service is like The driver was very specific with us about pick up time in June and what time we flew home so that was fine and was 10mins early

If they are texting they will be told not to !! Compared to Taxi drivers on Rhodes where we have been for several years now they are wonderful We in fact stopped useing them in the evenings and my husband had a drink later if we wanted to eat out as they were so scary !!
Old 02-08-2015, 19:51

We used Conde this week after having used before on several occasions and recommended to others, we too were picked up in a very scruffy blue minivan which did not even have seat belts on all seats. The journey was okay but I was a bit disappointed that the driver stopped a fair bit further on than where we were staying when there was space right outside. The van on the return journey was a lot nicer but the driver had his mobile on his lap and although he did not text or make calls several times looked down at the phone whilst on the motorway, the drive was very fast zipping in and out of the traffic and was a bit hair raising. I probably wouldn't book with Conde again, not sure what has happened this year.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:52

We were picked up 15 mins early for our return home by a massive coach! There was only 2 adults and 2 children in our party so I presumed we were picking up others.......this wasn't the case. Also no seat belts on board and a mobile was used but the conversation was played out over loud speaker so presumed hands free. Will probably use someone else next year.
Old 03-08-2015, 13:53

Think we might have to make other arrangements for September Shame as we have used them for several years Definately think they have taken on too much

Any recommendations anyone ??
Old 03-08-2015, 14:36

It does seem that Conde are not living up to their previous excellent reputation. As already documented here we were unhappy with them but felt a bit guilty at posting this and almost feel a bit better about it now that other people are experiencing similar problems such as the old van and mobile usage. It is always difficult to criticise a business that in the past nobody has ever had a bad word for and it looks as though we were the first to have problems so it is interesting that it now seems we are not alone and Conde's service seems to be on the decline.
El Gordo likes this.
Old 03-08-2015, 15:40

I noticed one of the photos on the the website for pollensashuttle.com show conde minibus 😏

Eating Out