Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2015, 21:28

Default Taxi Transfers

Tangofan, we've used Zarza Taxis in PP for the last 2 years for 4 adults and 2 children and have found them very good. They advertise on this website.
annascotland likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2015, 06:27

I can vouch for ZARZA taxis as well used them a few times now
annascotland likes this.
Old 06-07-2015, 20:47

Thanks Bean Counter and Joanne - how much do they charge? Our son got a taxi for the rank in the port as he didn't want to go at the stupid time RH wanted and it was 78 euros against Conde's 73 so I wonder how Zarza compares?
Old 06-07-2015, 21:13
Founder

See here Taxis in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca for several taxi companies.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:24

We just used Zarza they were excellent. We were ages at baggage reclaim and I fully expected the driver to have given up on us but he was still there waiting. Nice comfortable large car and the cist was 73 euros.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:25

Sorry COST !
Old 07-07-2015, 10:17

Thanks livvies mum, I think we might try them next time. I assume it is 73 euros fixed price? Just one thing, did the driver spend a large part of the journey using his mobile phone, ie texting and dialling? I have just googled this and apparently it is illegal in Spain as at home (unless hands free) but our Conde driver on the return trip did this the whole way down the motorway which we were really unhappy with but it appears there is little point in complaining. What are other people's views on this?
Old 07-07-2015, 10:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangofan View Post
... Just one thing, did the driver spend a large part of the journey using his mobile phone, ie texting and dialling? I have just googled this and apparently it is illegal in Spain as at home (unless hands free) but our Conde driver on the return trip did this the whole way down the motorway which we were really unhappy with but it appears there is little point in complaining. What are other people's views on this?

Not keen on people using the phone while driving.
In a taxi I'd see it as a definite no no.

I'd ask him politely to stop using his mobile phone whilst driving.

And I most certainly would complain.
scouse mark likes this.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by livvies mum View Post
We just used Zarza they were excellent. We were ages at baggage reclaim and I fully expected the driver to have given up on us but he was still there waiting. Nice comfortable large car and the cist was 73 euros.
With the speedy shuttle from the (Resort)Hoppa having gone up so much, I think taxi will be the preferred option the next time.
Old 07-07-2015, 16:55

Tangofan. Yes it was a fixed price which they advised me of when I emailed an enquiry. We did panic a bit because he did have the meter running which was over 80 euros by the time we got to our apartment but he had our booking listed on a sheet of paper with the price next to it.
He did take a short call on his mobile but it was on hands free.
Old 07-07-2015, 18:37

We used Conde in June 2 different drivers and no phone calls and must admit they never have on past journeys either

Would certainly complain and also report to Joseph Conde also
Old 07-07-2015, 19:01

Complaint on Trip Advisor about Conde uhhappy with the minibuses they are useing and not Taxis I must admit being short I have to be careful with the steps

They said they complained about pick up at airport so got Taxi for return with they think the boss driving and on the phone all the time !! That would defeat my complaint wouldnt it !!

Do Zarza use Taxis ??

Conde driver said they only have one Taxi now and all the rest are minibuses
Old 07-07-2015, 19:28

Sorry Copper, not sure what your point is
Old 07-07-2015, 21:02

Someone was complaining about Conde drivers useing mobiles I said on my previous post that I would complain if it were me being driven and also then complain to the owner Joseph Conde but on TP they said it was him useing the phone so my point was it wouldnt be much point in taking the complaint further in that case !

Also interested if Zarza use taxis rather than minibuses as I would prefer that
Old 07-07-2015, 22:24

I don't really know much about cars/taxis/minibuses. So I don't know how you'd define what we get from Zarza Taxis. We have 4 adults and 2 children plus luggage (and driver!). I think I would call it a people carrier, rather than a minibus. But, as I said, I don't know how these things are defined.

Our drivers have occasionally spoken on the (hands free) phone - but definitely no texting. On occasion the music has been a bit loud for my taste but has always been instantly turned down on request.