Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-07-2015, 21:58

Default Best deal taxi transfers

I am arriving in Puerto Pollenca on 4th August for nine days.... We are a party of four.
Does anyone know which taxi service would offer the best deal for transfers from and back to the airport... Our flight times are "good". We usually take the hopper but am rather put off with stories about long waits at the airport and return pick up times being far too early.... Last time we took the hopper two summers ago, we did wait for about an hour on the bus before it left the airport.
Sponsored Links
Old 20-07-2015, 22:31

I have always used Conde taxis without any problem 73e each way, last year we had three different departure days in our large party and each time it was air conditioned minibuses rather than a cab which wasn't a problem for any of us, you don't share it with anyone so plenty of room to stretch out and for luggage. The reason they, on occasions, send minibuses is because they have a large party to pick up so rather than have empty vehicles for return journeys this is what they do. If it keeps the price down then that is fine by me. This year I used Hoppa for the first time but only to go up to PP and it cost me the grand some of £6.57....45mins wait but would have only been 15 if my plane hadn't arrived 30mins earlier than scheduled! It was a pleasant journey and would use them again but will always get a taxi back because I don't fancy they early pickups with Hoppa. This year I stayed in the Sis Pins for my last day and reception called a taxi for me, cost 79e....so Conde are certainly keeping their prices down.
LK1960, joey36 and Juren like this.

Last edited by favie; 22-07-2015 at 22:03.
Old 21-07-2015, 12:49

We always use Zarza taxi too, very reliable, they charge 73 euro airport right to our door in PP.
Juren likes this.
Old 21-07-2015, 13:31
Super Moderator

The fares are a set price but if you use the same one a few times they often give a small discount, there are a few to choose from here :- Transport in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca - taxis, bus, trains, airport transfers, i would advise you to pre book with one of the local companies but don't get one on the rank at the airport they are always more expensive and don't know the Pollensa/Port area so will take longer to get you here .
Old 21-07-2015, 13:40

Thank you both for your reply! The Hoppa is so tempting because it's so affordable. I don't you suppose there's any way to check what times their buses leave the airport? Think I may do as suggested by Favie - Hopper to the Port and taxi back to airport for our return flight... Our return flight us at 11.10 am and I don't fancy having to get up at the crack of dawn to catch the Hoppa back to the airport. Whatever... can't wait..!
favie likes this.

Last edited by Juren; 21-07-2015 at 13:41. Reason: Predicted text error
Old 21-07-2015, 13:42

Thanks Sparky! I'll do that.
Sparky likes this.
Old 21-07-2015, 14:33

When one of our sons was leaving he was given 2.15 for the 6.15 flight and was told they have time slots and it was either 2.15 or 4.00 for the 6.15 flight. 4.00 was obviously cutting it a bit fine but in previous years we didn't get the impression they had set times but just sent buses as and when required for the bookings they had.
Juren likes this.
Old 21-07-2015, 16:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by favie View Post
reception called a taxi for me, cost 79e....
That's a lot for a phonecall😈😈
favie and Juren like this.
Old 21-07-2015, 17:04

Hi

We are using Easy Transfers to and from PP. 4 of us with luggage and pushchair. Price I am paying is 132 euros in total so pretty good. My brother in law has used them the last few years and he recommended to me.

Last edited by Sparky; 21-07-2015 at 17:28. Reason: Email address for Easy Transfers removed.
Old 21-07-2015, 17:29

Yes, I think it's a bit of a lottery with the times of the buses... Can't be bothered hanging about the airport for hours on way home... Think I'll opt for resort hopper to Puerto Pollenca and a taxi back to the airport for the return flight at a time that suits us.
Old 21-07-2015, 17:35

Hi

We are using Easy Transfers to and from PP. 4 of us with luggage and pushchair. Price I am paying is 132 euros in total so pretty good. My brother in law has used them the last few years and he recommended to me

Last edited by Sparky; 21-07-2015 at 18:56. Reason: Easy Transfers email address removed.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:36

Thumbs up Taxi transfers

I have noticed plenty of posts about getting to amd from the airport, Mrs S and I have always used a local taxi to transfer. His name is Juan Ferrer Molero who drives taxi 32, he is always on time and very reliable. Last year he charged us 70 euros and we gave him 75,at 150 euros return that works out at approx £109 return which looks a lot cheaper than some quotes I have seen on this site.

Last edited by Sparky; 10-08-2015 at 09:48. Reason: Email address removed.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:47
Super Moderator

Please do not post contact details for individual taxi drivers, it is not fair on the companies which pay to advertise on our main website here :- Transport in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca - taxis, bus, trains, airport transfers .

Last edited by Sparky; 10-08-2015 at 09:50.