Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/)
-   -   Resort Hoppa pick up time (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/12255-resort-hoppa-pick-up-time.html)

tangofan 01-07-2015 09:02

Resort Hoppa pick up time

Have Resort Hoppa changed their policy as they have given our son a time four hours before his flight and our daughter 3 hour and 40 minutes before. In all the years we have used them it has always been 3 hours before.

They said they have time slots and it was either 2.15 or 4.00 for a 6.15 flight.

tangofan 01-07-2015 09:02

Whoops Hoppa not Joppa!!!!!

Sparky 01-07-2015 09:40

I have visitors who arrived on Monday, they used the Resort Hopper transfer and had to wait longer than usual at the airport, have heard similar from others and also that there are far more drop offs than in other years. So if this is repeated on the return journey that is probably why they have to pick up some passengers earlier than usual :).

LK1960 01-07-2015 11:16

Daughter and I used Resorthoppa yesterday for flights departing 5 mins apart to Belfast at 12.05pm and Edinburgh at 12.10pm. Assumed as we were both being picked up at the same place we'd be on the same coach however I was picked up at 7.50am and daughter 9am! I tried to move to the 9am coach but was told it was full.

My earlier coach picked people up at Duva and in CSV on the way to Palma and daughter went directly to airport so it does seem to be fairly random and dependent on the number of pick-ups. That said, both coaches arrived right on time and we both met up in duty free in good time for our flights and for the price we plan to use Hoppa again in the future.

pollensa 01-07-2015 14:20

Having looked at the new 'hoppa' site, it does appear that Speedy Shuttle is available again so maybe they are differentiating between the standard & premium services.

martinchip10 01-07-2015 16:33

We have a resorthoppa transfer booked back to the airport tomorrow at 7.35am for an 11.30 flight.
One hour plus for the journey plus what is usually a good hour queueing up to check in should give us time for a bit of brekkie and a shop so this seems about right for us although I can appreciate 4 hours does seem a lot.

tangofan 01-07-2015 16:43

Thanks for the replies and it seems we are not alone. Four hours is excessive if you just want to get home and not eat etc although I agree it is excellent value. Our other son and daughter are being picked up at 5.45 for 9.25 flight tomorrow so I guess we had better get up to wave them off!

One son also waited over an hour for resort Hoppa to depart.

We booked Conde for ourselves and that wasn't what we expected so not having much luck this year.

CathB 01-07-2015 17:26

I dont think this is a new thing with resort hoppa..the last time we used them about 4 years ago we we picked up at 06:15 for a 10:30 flight the bus was already full by the time it picked us up so heaven knows what time it people were picked up in Can Picafort and Alcudia..some people were on a 9am flight

tangofan 02-07-2015 15:30

I can never recall being picked up more than 3 hours prior to flight before over the last 10 years or so. I think Sparky is right in what she says

whaleywanderer 02-07-2015 23:11

My family are being picked up tomorrow at 06:30 for an 11:00 flight!!

clinkham 03-07-2015 00:02

Pollensa Shuttle

Has anyone used Pollensa Shuttle as listed in Airport Transfers? Picture on their website shows a Conde (taxis) minibus.

lollipop 03-07-2015 07:59

I haven't used them but met the guy who is running it. He is a local chap. Prices a bit more than resort hoppa with fixed times leaving to and from airport. Cost is 15 euro one way.

tangofan 03-07-2015 10:46

Whaleywanderer this is clearly ridiculous! Whilst RH are clearly good value I think it is time for a rethink! As I mentioned before we used Conde this time but got a very old minibus that crawled along very slowly, not the taxi car we were expecting! We contacted them and asked for a car for the return. The experience did not match up to the glowing reports on the forums!

Watty 03-07-2015 20:43

Hoppa pick up time

Any advance, any advance? 4 hours 20 mins plus 15 mins = 4 hrs 35 mins
Sue and I were picked up last Monday for a flight leaving at 10am.
The bus pick-up time was 0540 with instructions to be at the Ora Playa 15 mins before (0525) so we left our apartment at 0520 only to step out just as the bus was going by. We arrived just as the driver was comng out of the reception area. We were on the bus and moving before 0525! But this is NO complaint as I would rather be early than be on tenderhooks. Just for interest shuttle was booked about 6 weeks ago, not long.

Watty 03-07-2015 20:46

Hoppa pick-up time

Without the extra 15 mins Whaleywander is in the lead!