Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rosie34

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-06-2015, 17:27

Default Vanrell

We have read so many good reports about Vanrell car hire and how to avoid the queues at the airport so we went past the medium sized queues at Goldcar et al.

I had emailed the company to say that our flight would be earlier than planned (Monarch’s usual change of time!).

Our instructions were that a representative of Vanrell would meet us near the lifts on the 4th floor and after hanging around for a few minutes we found the desk. While we were waiting our turn we heard the person telling some people that due to an accident on the motorway the cars were delayed. When it was our turn, he said, ‘You are early’ I said ‘Yes, I emailed Vanrell to let them know and they acknowledged etc’ – his response was ‘ Well, they didn’t tell me!. He told us that the car was delayed and said to wait over there. (no apology) So we did and after about 25 minutes he called us over and gave us instructions where to find the car. We eventually found it and set off to the exit – but because we had been delayed so long, our card was rejected by the machine. So OH had to go and find the person again (fortunately there was no queue behind us). Eventually they came back and he phoned someone and had a heated Spanish exchange and then the lady he had been speaking to came and got the cards out of the machine and found ours and to cut a very long boring story a bit shorter, we escaped – 2 hours after arriving! I did check round the car but we didn’t realise till we reached the villa that there were no hubcaps on the car. So just hope that we don’t get a bill for the missing items.

OH says he will use them again on the assumption that this was just an unfortunate experience – but I am not so sure as it was just so frustrating and the attitude of the person (a Welshman I think) did not help to make the situation any easier.

We will see.
Sponsored Links
Old 16-06-2015, 17:34
Banned

I'm pretty sure, just to put your mind at ease, that most car hire companies anywhere take off the removable types of hubcap. Don't let it spoil your holiday.
Old 16-06-2015, 20:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah View Post
I'm pretty sure, just to put your mind at ease, that most car hire companies anywhere take off the removable types of hubcap. Don't let it spoil your holiday.
I have heard the same thing too. In 12 years I have never hired a car that came with hub caps. Hope that puts your mind at rest Rosie 34.
Old 16-06-2015, 20:52

I am sure you will not have a problem with Vanrell, even when the car gets damaged it is not an issue I had one that was unrepairable and they simply gave me another car.
Old 19-06-2015, 08:47

Thanks for your replies - I will stop worrying about the hub caps now But this is really the first time we have been hubcapless and didnt realise it was normal.
Old 19-06-2015, 16:48

Rosie I am so sorry you had such hassle. We have been using Vanrells for ages & never a problem, though sometimes you have to put petrol in immediately. They always remove the hubcaps. We take photos of the car before leaving the Airport and again when we drop the car back. This shows them the dates on the camera if any probs. I think we may have suggested Vanrells.....typical that this happened. We will be using them again in Sept, feel confident it will be ok.
Old 19-06-2015, 20:07

Thanks animagic - I am sure our experience was a one-off as everyone else has been happy with Vanrell and we will most likely hire from them in September as their rate for a month is very reasonable. And now we know about the hubcaps ......
animagic21 likes this.